Beam Me Up Scotty Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

UK Auction To Feature Spock Costume
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pine To Star In Wonder Woman
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Pegg Teases Elba Character
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 31 39.24%
Above Average 31 39.24%
Average 12 15.19%
Below Average 4 5.06%
Poor 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 21 2008, 08:53 PM   #76
cyph
Captain

View cyph's Twitter Profile
Re: HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

the Dagman wrote: View Post
I am thinking that Arthur Petrelli's power is to swipe a special's power, but with his sons he can wipe clean the powers they have duplicated, leaving them only with the ability to duplicate new powers (or the same ones over). So while Peter is effectively powerless, he can gain new powers from other specials he gets near when his father isn't around to prevent him.
Interesting, but I doubt it, because if this is the case then Peter should still be able to use his powers, since he's in the proximity of his dad who has HIS powers...

Sometimes I make pictures
cyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 09:40 PM   #77
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ I thought Peter's power was taken away completely, meaning he can't even absorb new powers. I think he'll have to take the serum to get his power back. If that's the case, I wonder if he'll end up with the same absorbing power he had from the beginning or if he'll get something new.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 09:47 PM   #78
Hermiod
Admiral

BOO7! wrote: View Post
^ I thought Peter's power was taken away completely, meaning he can't even absorb new powers. I think he'll have to take the serum to get his power back. If that's the case, I wonder if he'll end up with the same absorbing power he had from the beginning or if he'll get something new.
The more I think about it, the more I hate this whole idea. I've had enough of Smallville doing it without this show doing it too.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 10:00 PM   #79
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ On Heroes though, it feels a little more serious, so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 10:05 PM   #80
RobertScorpio
Pariah

FALCONX0N wrote: View Post
I am not happy about Adam, but he never lived up to his hype anyways. Old People With The Powers Of Immortality and Therefore Manipulation can be incredibly super powerful.

Also, the Turtle cracks me the hell up every single time he shows up. I can't explain it. It's hilarious.

Hee, "Mistah African Yzzak?"
I can only disagree...ADAM, to me, is one of the biggest questions on that show. If he really is from the past, and hundreds of years ago, then were there others back there too? How old is he? If he isn't really from the past, how did he really get back there before Hiro arrived?

Adam is hard to explain, IMO

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 10:19 PM   #81
Hermiod
Admiral

^ On Heroes though, it feels a little more serious, so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
I don't know. This has hurt my overall opinion of the show, I expected more from them. This could be a deal breaker for me.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 10:54 PM   #82
Aragorn
Admiral

If this had been Smallville, Peter would've killed everyone in the room, the daddy confrontation would've lasted like five seconds, cut to commercial, come back to Peter's apartment where he's angsting away with Elle and Claire while the latest hip young artist's song plays away.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 11:39 PM   #83
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Acronymity wrote: View Post
I always got the impression that we had a relentless mother and a soft father. That's how he was always described. And it makes sense in terms of the personalities of their children.
In the first episode, Nathan was likened to his father in being an "alpha dog". And Nathan's morals were ambiguous at best that season.

Skyhaunter wrote: View Post
Though I'm not really sure how many more variations on "power stealing" you can do.
Somebody who can switch around other people's powers...for instance, give Claire Hiro's time/space manipulation while giving Hiro Claire's regeneration. For some reason, I once thought of this as an interesting power for Ando to have if they ever gave him one.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 11:49 PM   #84
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I'd like to see Nathan go all alpha male medieval on his father. I'd like to see Nathan have something to do. How about beating up Peter for shooting him? He can now that Peter has returned to the land of the mortals.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2008, 12:07 AM   #85
Shintaek
Lieutenant Commander

Above Average, with somethings I have to say. You might want to stop reading now....

1. I didn't see the previous episode because the ALCS game was more important, of course , so why is Mohinder putting every "special case" into his umm snot?

2. Yay! Peter's powers are gone (for now) so the world wont be destroyed... at least by him but he seems to be the cause of its destruction 95% of the time.

3. If this is a family issue, can the lower the number of vignettes? Especially Mohinder, he's not so interesting anymore and might as well join Pinehurst.

4. I loved Hiro's ironic comment that Ando is racist because a group of people all look the same. "Mr. African Isaac" . Ando needs to wear less clothing, like most of the chapter, preferably shirtless.
Shintaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2008, 12:10 AM   #86
Mallet
Fleet Captain

I wonder if Arthur dies does everyone get their powers back?

Also, it should have been Sylar as the one who got drained of powers, not Peter. I mean Peter finally started using all his powers there. He finally got cool with his beat down of Sylar and his assault on Pineherst. But then he gets his powers drained... Bummer.

At least when he gets his original power back somewhere down the road he will be able to quickly absorb new ones (or most of the same ones over again.)
Old October 22 2008, 12:12 AM   #87
the Dagman
Commodore

No, I think that he uses his sons like you would use a sponge to collect water. Peter didn't duplicate the powers his father took from him because of the nature of Arthur's power, he takes them and he does not give. And like wringing water from the sponge, you don't take any of the sponge itself and it can go collect more water after you are done. Only this time, Future Peter (who got repowered by reencountering people with those powers like Claire, Elle, Hiro and Sylar) made sure his father took a piece of Sylar's "sponge" by having his younger self absorb Sylar's power and hunger before Arthur resurfaced and cleaned current Peter out. Remember that this season's future painter said everything had changed after that.

One thing to look forward to: Now that he has no regeneration, look for Peter to get the scar his future self had.

Arthur Petrelli took great pains to make sure his powered offspring were separated. He kept Peter, but adopted out Gabriel/Sylar and Claire. And he used Nathan as a science experiment. As to why and what the ramifications of his taking Sylar's hunger, I don't see that yet. But I do see where they are using quite a bit of what they have shown us so far. They have given Arthur a flaw in his armor he doesn't know he has yet. Maybe it makes him too reckless and induces everyone to band together to put him down where before he operated behind the scenes and he wasn't revealed until it was already too late?
Old October 22 2008, 12:35 AM   #88
Meredith
Vice Admiral

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
FALCONX0N wrote: View Post
I am not happy about Adam, but he never lived up to his hype anyways. Old People With The Powers Of Immortality and Therefore Manipulation can be incredibly super powerful.

Also, the Turtle cracks me the hell up every single time he shows up. I can't explain it. It's hilarious.

Hee, "Mistah African Yzzak?"
I can only disagree...ADAM, to me, is one of the biggest questions on that show. If he really is from the past, and hundreds of years ago, then were there others back there too? How old is he? If he isn't really from the past, how did he really get back there before Hiro arrived?

Adam is hard to explain, IMO

Rob
What if Adam was a baby that had the powers at the end of the season caused by Mohinder's crazy insane experimentation, that either peter using Hiro's powers or Hiro himself takes back in time to England to be raised by a foster family who becomes Adam.

Adam is created by Mohinder as a baby and it taken back in time by Hiro for some reason not known yet....

No, I think that he uses his sons like you would use a sponge to collect water. Peter didn't duplicate the powers his father took from him because of the nature of Arthur's power, he takes them and he does not give. And like wringing water from the sponge, you don't take any of the sponge itself and it can go collect more water after you are done. Only this time, Future Peter (who got repowered by reencountering people with those powers like Claire, Elle, Hiro and Sylar) made sure his father took a piece of Sylar's "sponge" by having his younger self absorb Sylar's power and hunger before Arthur resurfaced and cleaned current Peter out. Remember that this season's future painter said everything had changed after that.

One thing to look forward to: Now that he has no regeneration, look for Peter to get the scar his future self had.

Arthur Petrelli took great pains to make sure his powered offspring were separated. He kept Peter, but adopted out Gabriel/Sylar and Claire. And he used Nathan as a science experiment. As to why and what the ramifications of his taking Sylar's hunger, I don't see that yet. But I do see where they are using quite a bit of what they have shown us so far. They have given Arthur a flaw in his armor he doesn't know he has yet. Maybe it makes him too reckless and induces everyone to band together to put him down where before he operated behind the scenes and he wasn't revealed until it was already too late?

What if Aurthur's powers he gains by sponging wear off after a while, ie. he can't keep them indefinitely like Peter and Sylar can. Could explain why he was hospitalized, he may have had healing powers at some point but they wore off and he got sick and had to get the healing powers, Made Sylar crazy and sent him on a mission to take power from claire, failed, ended up using Adam when he showed up.
Old October 22 2008, 01:18 AM   #89
cyph
Captain

View cyph's Twitter Profile

Only this time, Future Peter (who got repowered by reencountering people with those powers like Claire, Elle, Hiro and Sylar) made sure his father took a piece of Sylar's "sponge" by having his younger self absorb Sylar's power and hunger before Arthur resurfaced and cleaned current Peter out. Remember that this season's future painter said everything had changed after that.

Very interesting points, sir.

Sometimes I make pictures
cyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2008, 02:11 AM   #90
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

No, I think that he uses his sons like you would use a sponge to collect water. Peter didn't duplicate the powers his father took from him because of the nature of Arthur's power, he takes them and he does not give. And like wringing water from the sponge, you don't take any of the sponge itself and it can go collect more water after you are done.
Interesting theory....

As to why and what the ramifications of his taking Sylar's hunger, I don't see that yet.
Well...for one thing, it would make it a lot harder for him to lead a group of super-villains, if he's distracted by his hunger to have a look at their brains....
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote