Star Trek-Planet of the Apes #2
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20

Clark Details Trek Books

Takei To Appear On Wits

Retro Review: Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang
By: Michelle on Jan 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 31 39.24%
Above Average 31 39.24%
Average 12 15.19%
Below Average 4 5.06%
Poor 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 21 2008, 06:39 AM   #46
IJD GAF
Rear Admiral

Re: HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

Okay, much better than last week. I have kinda a character question though.

Angela Petrelli is a complete bitch. Has been since season one.

Now we find out the dad is a ruthless son of an assmunch too?

I always got the impression that we had a relentless mother and a soft father. That's how he was always described. And it makes sense in terms of the personalities of their children.

Now? I'm just wondering how two pious assholes managed to pop out two reasonably good-hearted children.
Old October 21 2008, 06:43 AM   #47
sjsharksfan39
Admiral

View sjsharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Better episode than last week, but that's probably because last week things started to pile on so quickly. This week we were able to catch a breath and see things stretch out to allow this plot to develop. I'm really liking how this plot is going this season but this show is becoming all about plot and the characters are just pawns. Remember when Noah was such a big figure in this show. I believe he Coleman's episode still was Company Man, in which he became a great character. Well, Coleman has been regulated to the background this season and I don't like it. If this is a Peterelli story, and it seems like it's going to be a family affair, at least Noah should be involved. Hell, I like Claire, but she hasn't done anything this season worth caring about.

Loved the stuff with Hiro and the shovel, as well as Daphene and Matt. Good to see Matt get back in the fold after several episodes of him talking to the Precog guy.

As for the Pinehurst plotline, like I said, I'm really anxious to see where it goes. I don't remember Arthur having powers when we first met him, but being hooked up to a machine, he might have gotten some over the years. Looking forward to next week, but we need more Noah.

As for Peter losing his powers, thank god. I hope it's for the best. They were really close to ruining the character in this episode.

Above Average.
sjsharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:18 AM   #48
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I assume you're referring to the comic where he meets Linderman. Maybe he had just never touched a person with powers before he met Linderman, and didn't know he had powers until he absorbed one.
He probably didn't have his powers then. This power could have been the thing that led him to suicide. I'm assuming this power is a two way street, as I think he could give Peter his power back also. Next week shall be interesting.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:21 AM   #49
Aragorn
Admiral

Considering what Arthur's power is, I guess it's safe to say Gabriel is his kid. But it makes no sense for a married couple to jettison the middle child like that (though he wasn't the middle child at the time). I think it would've been better had Sylar been the product of an affair and only a half-brother to Nathan and Peter.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:21 AM   #50
AdmiralGarak
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
I don't see how Adam could come back. He's dried up and blown away. Nothing to reassemble but dust. No DNA left.
Time-travelling changes history so that he lives.
His DNA is on file at The Company.
His DNA is in the dust. (It is tv, after all.)
A ressurection powered character is introduced.
Alternate future #1,347. (A Heroes specialty!)
Or he could have just enough of his power left to become like Hactar from "Life, the Universe, and Everything".

And that's not even counting dreams or the Parkman boys' powers.
AdmiralGarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:25 AM   #51
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

The preview summary for next week says that Elle is coming back. Could be interesting.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:27 AM   #52
Aragorn
Admiral

Maybe Elle is a missing Petrelli too. Although that would pose an incest issue with her and Peter.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:32 AM   #53
sjsharksfan39
Admiral

View sjsharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Wasn't Claire a Peterelli in the first season? That never really developed. BTW, I'm really missing some Claire Peter chemistry again. So much for those first few episodes ha?
sjsharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:49 AM   #54
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
The preview summary for next week says that Elle is coming back. Could be interesting.
Must be a different preview than me for week, as I saw mostly Peter, Arthur, Sylar and Angela in it.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Maybe Elle is a missing Petrelli too. Although that would pose an incest issue with her and Peter.
We never found out who her mother was, but there are several characters who we don't know much about their mothers except for names (Hiro & Matt come to mind).

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Wasn't Claire a Peterelli in the first season? That never really developed. BTW, I'm really missing some Claire Peter chemistry again. So much for those first few episodes ha?
That is true, Claire doesn't know that Sylar is her uncle, and neither does Nathan know that Sylar is also his brother.

My theory on Sylar is that him and Peter are twins. Similar powers.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 07:56 AM   #55
Dream
Admiral

Great episode.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 08:20 AM   #56
Thespeckledkiwi
Vice Admiral

Location: TheBolianChef is no more! It's theSpeckledKiwi now!

I wish Claire could die! GAH!
Thespeckledkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 08:23 AM   #57
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

I think what we need is a 20 years ago episode to explain Arthurs backstory. Did he have powers to begin with? If he didnt then why keep him alive in secret? How did he get sick (in the bed)? Why didnt he command all these people to ressurect himself before? Stuff like that. I think they could fill a whole episode with stuff like that interlaced with a little bit of the current arc. I really want to know how he got where he was and if he was always a evil power stealer...
Also for those who say that now that they have rebooted all the characters that they wont be watching anymore WTF? Just consider it like a Comic book oriented soap opera.
DontFeedPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 08:33 AM   #58
cyph
Captain

View cyph's Twitter Profile

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
For whatever reason, Daphne didn't notice time stopping, unlike in an earlier episode...
I suspect when she's using her powers is when she can communicate with Hiro during time-distorting events...

Anyways, I've been disappointed with the last two episodes, but THIS episode was quite fantastic! Cosign on the Linderman-no-powers-in-comic thing, but like somebody else said, maybe he just never met anybody with powers... or maybe he hadn't manifested yet.

Parkman and Daphne!!! I hope they hit it off! <3

Sometimes I make pictures
cyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 08:35 AM   #59
IJD GAF
Rear Admiral

We also now have three power stealers with three methods of doing so.

Peter just has to be near somebody. Not fatal, no effect on their powers. The easy way.

Father Patrelli has to physically touch somebody. Not fatal (except in Adam's case, which is an unusual circumstance), but depowers the subject. The medium way.

Sylar has to tinker around with people's brains. Always fatal (except in Claire's case, which is an unusual circumstance), doesn't seem to depower the subject (using Claire's example again), but if they're dead that's hardly an issue. The hard way.
Old October 21 2008, 09:16 AM   #60
Skywalker
Admiral

Acronymity wrote: View Post
We also now have three power stealers with three methods of doing so.

Peter just has to be near somebody. Not fatal, no effect on their powers. The easy way.

Father Patrelli has to physically touch somebody. Not fatal (except in Adam's case, which is an unusual circumstance), but depowers the subject. The medium way.

Sylar has to tinker around with people's brains. Always fatal (except in Claire's case, which is an unusual circumstance), doesn't seem to depower the subject (using Claire's example again), but if they're dead that's hardly an issue. The hard way.
Which kind of makes sense now that Gabriel/Sylar is a Petrelli. Maybe if Nathan had been born with a power it would have been something similar, too. Though I'm not really sure how many more variations on "power stealing" you can do.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote