Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 31 39.24%
Above Average 31 39.24%
Average 12 15.19%
Below Average 4 5.06%
Poor 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23 2008, 09:41 PM   #166
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
It's really hilarious how fast people have turned on the show. It's faster that Lost.
They turned on the show in the S1 finale! And then S2 was bitch bitch bitch...
I really think we'll learn all of the Company/Pinehearst bits and pieces in the Five Years Gone/Four Months Ago of this volume. It must be due fairly soon, episode 9 at the latest I'd say.
According to this spoilery article in EW, which appears to confirm the identity of Sylar's baby-mommy we'll see it Nov 10.

I just had an nasty thought - can Arthur choose which powers to absorb and leave some behind? He seems like he's had decades to refine his power so this is plausible. That means he would not have absorbed Sylar's seeing ability at all, leaving it behind in Peter, who is otherwise powerless. How evil would that be?

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; October 23 2008 at 10:14 PM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 11:47 PM   #167
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Dream wrote: View Post
What pissed me off about West was that he got ALL the flying scenes in season 2 while Nathan didn't do anything with his powers.
Yes he did...remember when he had to carry Parkman?
Old October 24 2008, 12:08 AM   #168
Kryton
Admiral

The Dead Mixer wrote: View Post
What pissed me off about West was that he got ALL the flying scenes in season 2 while Nathan didn't do anything with his powers.
Yes he did...remember when he had to carry Parkman?
I thought everyone agreed never to speak of that again.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2008, 12:44 AM   #169
zenophite
Rear Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Arthur would've been a better choice for the one Molly feared than Maury, especially considering how easy it was for Matt to dispatch Maury the first time around.
i was just thinking that myself - maybe they can retrofit that somehow...
Old October 24 2008, 01:23 AM   #170
Mallet
Fleet Captain

zenophite wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
Arthur would've been a better choice for the one Molly feared than Maury, especially considering how easy it was for Matt to dispatch Maury the first time around.
i was just thinking that myself - maybe they can retrofit that somehow...
If Maury has been doing all of Arthur's bidding for a while now, then he would have been the one to show up to Molly as the "bad guy". Arthur was just lying in bed, doing nothing but thinking. Maury was doing all the bad stuff.
Old October 24 2008, 02:51 AM   #171
Dream
Admiral

Temis the Menace wrote: View Post
I can't even imagine what a cast this massive must be costing. Sure they don't use all the actors all the time, but just having them available is going to cost something vs cutting some loose and not hiring more!!!!
The main cast hasn't grown that much. There were 12 main cast members in season one. DL, Simone, and Isaac were killed off.

For season 2.
Sylar, Ando, Monica, Maya, Elle, Adam were added to the main cast.

For season 3.
Elle, Monica, Adam, Micah left. Angela was added to the main cast. Which makes 12. The size of the main cast is actually the same as season one.

Heores just seems to have such a large cast since they have so many reoccuring characters. You have to remember that with such a large main cast the main actors make much less compared to other shows with the same budget but smaller cast. For example each of the main Desperate Housewives actresses make many times more then any of the main actors on LOST.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2008, 04:58 AM   #172
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

And bringing in new actors can be a strategy to keep the existing cast from getting swelled heads, thinking they are indispensible and demanding raises. Unfortunately for Kring, I think he does have some indispensible actors, for which he should be grateful because they are the ones keeping the ratings' head above water regardless of how nonsensical or convoluted the writing may get.
Old October 24 2008, 05:06 AM   #173
zenophite
Rear Admiral

I'm just not sure why they can't seem to part ways with Ali Larter - all the characters she plays are so pointless. I guess she's just there to please the blonde-o-philes.
Old October 24 2008, 05:08 AM   #174
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

She's the resident hotty I guess. Claire is too young and the likes of Maya and Elle are short-timers.
Old October 24 2008, 06:59 AM   #175
Captain Intrepid
Vice Admiral

Claire is too young
Speak for yourself.
Old October 24 2008, 07:14 AM   #176
Hermiod
Admiral

She's the resident hotty I guess. Claire is too young and the likes of Maya and Elle are short-timers.
They'd do a lot better if they'd quit firing Homer Simpson's makeup shotgun at her now she's Tracy and not Nikki.

I have noticed, can't think why, that Maya's clothes seemed to be getting skimpier with every appearance.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2008, 09:01 AM   #177
Dream
Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
I have noticed, can't think why, that Maya's clothes seemed to be getting skimpier with every appearance.
Have you seen the kind of costumes superheroines wear in the comics? Revealing clothes for the females is just part of the comics cliche not to mention it's good for ratings.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2008, 09:38 AM   #178
Hermiod
Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Have you seen the kind of costumes superheroines wear in the comics?
No.
<------

Revealing clothes for the females is just part of the comics cliche not to mention it's good for ratings.
Yeah, but this is Heroes. Every instance of female skimpy clothedness has to be paid for with twenty minutes of some dude with his shirt off.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2008, 01:36 PM   #179
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

I dont know that has this been thought about yet.. But does anyone think that Arthurs power is basically just more advanced version of Peters power?

Just like Matt's dad had more advanced power than Matt had. Matt could only read minds, his dad could also push thoughts into other peoples minds. So Peter can just copy powers, but Arthur can also cut powers from a person.
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2008, 07:39 PM   #180
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Captain Intrepid wrote: View Post
Claire is too young
Speak for yourself.
I always do!

If I were a guy, to tell ya the truth, my hotty fixation would be Elle. It's not Claire's literal age but the fact that she seems like such a stupid, vapid little barbie doll that turns me off. I don't like Ali Larter's face, there's something rodent-like about it. Maya has the same problem as Claire x100. Claire's mom Meredith is ironically hotter than her dimwit spawn. Too bad they killed Simone, she was a genuine hotty, ditto for Candice. They're good at keeping hot guys around, terrible with the ladies.

Every instance of female skimpy clothedness has to be paid for with twenty minutes of some dude with his shirt off.
Works for me!

But does anyone think that Arthurs power is basically just more advanced version of Peters power?

Just like Matt's dad had more advanced power than Matt had.
Hmm, interesting. I also wonder if Arthur can place powers back into a person or into different people. He already seems like the Monarch of the Metahumans - like a ruler, he can dispense or withdraw the goodies at will. It doesn't seem very useful to the plot to have him simply keeping all Peter's powers. I can't see him sullying his hands by actually fighting. But he could distribute the powers to his goon squad as he sees fit. Very kingly.