Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 31 39.24%
Above Average 31 39.24%
Average 12 15.19%
Below Average 4 5.06%
Poor 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 22 2008, 10:45 PM   #136
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

Sounds like a good character arc for her to embark on. She doesn't yet have the context she needs in order to understand what Dad has been fighting all his life and why. I hope she starts to figure it out but we need to actually see her evolution not just have it happen all at once.

And I don't think she was upset about Dad trying to murder Sylar as the fact that Vortex Guy, who was entirely innocent, was driven to suicide. She's all for fighting bad guys but balks when innocents are inevitably hurt in the process. The fact that Dad was willing to stab his erstwhile partner in the back might have been somewhat upsetting. In her mind, Dad was showing his corrupt side by accepting Sylar as a partner in the first place and then made it worse by trying to off him.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2008, 11:14 PM   #137
Kryton
Admiral

Is there a certain irony in the fact that the one hero/villain who could have arguably just up and cured Arthur is the one Maury Parkman was forced to employ for his subterfuge? I'm guessing Linderman and Arthur were NOT close or on speaking terms for the past few years....
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2008, 11:27 PM   #138
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The season one reveal was that Linderman's thungs/or and Linderman killed Arthur which meant that nathan had a crusade to go one to avenge his Pa... So since Linderman did that to Arthur, no they were not on speaking terms.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; October 22 2008 at 11:39 PM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2008, 11:47 PM   #139
Mallet
Fleet Captain

I'm trying to get the Linderman/Petrelli family connection timeline right in my head. As far as I can figure it is like this:

-Linderman and the Petrelli's are longtime allies, although possibly not friends.
-Word of Arthur Petrelli's connection to Linderman leaks out and the DA wants Nathan to pursue the case against Linderman & his own father.
-Linderman's goons force Nathan & his wife off the road to send a "message" to back off the case.
-Arthur Petrelli "dies" of a stroke before Peter and Nathan can turn on him.
-Something happens (not shown on the series) that gets Linderman to finance Nathan's run for congress. Linderman sends Nikki to seduce Nathan so he can blackmail him later.
-Linderman sends Nikki to kill Nathan.
-Linderman, Nathan & mama Petrelli work together to let Peter blow up New York.
-Linderman killed by D.L.

Is that about right?
Old October 23 2008, 02:47 AM   #140
Dream
Admiral

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
And if the creators really had it their way, he would travel back in time with Hiro and wad up all of Season 2.
Season 2? I wasn't aware that Heroes was on last season.

But seriously... Maya and Alejandro's road trip, Japanese Fedual Era sopa opera and West are probably best forgotten.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 03:11 AM   #141
ialfan
Fleet Captain

Dream wrote: View Post
TheArsenal wrote: View Post
And if the creators really had it their way, he would travel back in time with Hiro and wad up all of Season 2.
Season 2? I wasn't aware that Heroes was on last season.

But seriously... Maya and Alejandro's road trip, Japanese Fedual Era sopa opera and West are probably best forgotten.
I actually liked West myself. I must be in a small minority.
ialfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 04:37 AM   #142
zenophite
Rear Admiral

yeah funny how they don't even deal with the lack of west - anyway I don;t miss the character.
Old October 23 2008, 05:29 AM   #143
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Why do they have to deal with him? He and Clare broke up. He wants to remain anonymous. He's dealt with

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 06:18 AM   #144
zenophite
Rear Admiral

i wasn't aware that they had broken up within the story. that's what i meant by dealing with him - not follow his character.
Old October 23 2008, 06:20 AM   #145
Dream
Admiral

What pissed me off about West was that he got ALL the flying scenes in season 2 while Nathan didn't do anything with his powers. Really annoyed me.

Also Claire likes a boy that can fly? Talk about daddy issues! Creepy....
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 06:28 AM   #146
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

The writers do seem clueless about Pasdar's charisma. They're too in love with Clare, Peter, and Hiro. If they need a 20ish blond presence on the show, Elle more than fits the bill. Let Clare go to college. Noah cotinuing to work for the company can be their price for leaving Claire alone.....as she attends college overseas.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 07:18 AM   #147
IJD GAF
Rear Admiral

I have kinda a dumb question from a show that shows no consistency with how powers work, but I ask it anyway.

We're to assume aging is just like any other physical affliction, which healers like Claire and Adam can just shrug off.

Stealing Adam's power causes the effects of aging to finally show on him.

Wouldn't stealing Peter's power cause the effects of his head-impaling to finally catch up with him? Why wouldn't he die just like Adam did?

It was a cool death scene, but logically I think it'd make more sense for Adam to have just not been able withstand new injuries and age normally, rather than have the effects of his healing suddenly undone.

My wording here is off but I think what I'm saying makes sense.
Old October 23 2008, 08:39 AM   #148
Aragorn
Admiral

^ Unless Adam really wasn't immortal and his power just kept him vertical. Sort of like if you have plastic surgery to look 20 years younger, you're still 20 years older than that.

Then again, you're giving more thought to it than the writers are.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 01:07 PM   #149
label
Vice Admiral

Acronymity wrote: View Post
Wouldn't stealing Peter's power cause the effects of his head-impaling to finally catch up with him? Why wouldn't he die just like Adam did?

It was a cool death scene, but logically I think it'd make more sense for Adam to have just not been able withstand new injuries and age normally, rather than have the effects of his healing suddenly undone.
Are you really expecting this show to make sense this year?? As much as I'm enjoying this season so far, it's a convoluted train wreck of a story where half the things in it don't make the least bit of sense.

At this point I've just switched off the "how things make sense" part of my brain and enjoy the show like 98% of the sheep that live in this country and just accept whatever I see on-screen.
Old October 23 2008, 01:10 PM   #150
RoJoHen
Awesome

^That's pretty much what I'm doing. All "Heroes" is to me is that thing that follows "Chuck."

Also, label, I feel like I haven't seen you around in a while. Have you been gone, or have just not been paying attention?