RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,666
Members: 24,817
Currently online: 424
Newest member: 118_Larson

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Grade episode.
Excellent 22 68.75%
Good 8 25.00%
Above Average 2 6.25%
Average 0 0%
Below Average 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Terrible 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 16 2008, 05:07 AM   #46
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: House: 5x04 "Birthmarks" - Discussion and Spoilers

Top41 wrote: View Post

The medical case didn't have enough screentime to have the impact it should have, but it was interesting and sad. It really suffered being the B-story to a much more pivotal A-story.
I have a friend who was pissed off that the medical story didn't get more play due to it's subject matter
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 05:15 AM   #47
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Excellent episode and easily the best of the season thus far. A wonderful and believable ending to the Wilson/House riff and bringing them back together as we all knew would happen. I was a bit surprised by the revelation about House's father, but I liked how the episode made it clear that genetics isn't everything (which it successfully did on several levels). I also loved finally learning how House and Wilson met and just how ridiculous that meeting was (and really, it wouldn't be any other way).

I wasn't all that interested in the Patient of the Week until the very end. What a cruel and terrible situation. Pins shoved into her brain when she was newborn. *shudder*

I couldn't tell, but was that R. Lee Ermey in the coffin or just a body double lookalike?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 05:18 AM   #48
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

TheBurgerKing wrote: View Post
loved the MMMMbop ringtone

That was funny. And Wilson's is "Dancing Queen"!

I love that some phones have the option for different ringtones for different people. My cousin has "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" on her phone for whenever her stepmother calls. No need to tell you what their relationship is like...
Old October 16 2008, 05:33 AM   #49
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Emh wrote: View Post
I couldn't tell, but was that R. Lee Ermey in the coffin or just a body double lookalike?
Having read the thread, I see someone confirmed that it was indeed him. I wasn't sure and my computer had crashed the night before so I couldn't look for a recent photo of him. Very nice touch.

Also, I forgot to mention that I loved seeing Chase and Cameron being part of the differential this week. It reminded me that while I enjoy the new team (particularly Taub), I miss the old trio.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 11:22 AM   #50
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ I thought that there was some bit of truth to it, but I think that the ending was more powerful. I think the funeral got the ball rolling.
Same. I felt it was a bit genuine too.