RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 538
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old October 10 2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Man of Steel
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Man of Steel Send a message via Yahoo to Man of Steel
Worlds of DS9

As I was reading Twist of Faith earlier today, I was wondering if we would ever see Worlds of DS9 repacked as an omnibus or if we will see more Worlds of DS9 stories published?
Old October 10 2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Worlds of DS9

Man of Steel wrote: View Post
As I was reading Twist of Faith earlier today, I was wondering if we would ever see Worlds of DS9 repacked as an omnibus or if we will see more Worlds of DS9 stories published?
Marco already told you that sales on "Twist of Faith" were below expectations. There's not going to be a hurry to reprint the final "Mission: Gamma" volumes, let alone WoDS9. Again, shelf copies of the three WoDS9 books are still to be found in bookshops.

What other WoDS9 possibilities are left? Klingons were covered by "The Left Hand of Destiny" duology, and WoDS9 covered Andor, Cardassia Prime, Bajor, Trill, Ferenginar and The Dominion. Who else?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2008, 01:19 PM   #3
Man of Steel
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Man of Steel Send a message via Yahoo to Man of Steel

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Marco already told you that sales on "Twist of Faith" were below expectations. There's not going to be a hurry to reprint the final "Mission: Gamma" volumes, let alone WoDS9. Again, shelf copies of the three WoDS9 books are still to be found in bookshops.

What other WoDS9 possibilities are left? Klingons were covered by "The Left Hand of Destiny" duology, and WoDS9 covered Andor, Cardassia Prime, Bajor, Trill, Ferenginar and The Dominion. Who else?
It was These Haunted Seas Marco was talking about(since I asked him about it last week) not Twist of Faith. Obviously ToF did well enough to print These Haunted Seas.
Old October 10 2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Marco Palmieri
Rear Admiral

As I was reading Twist of Faith earlier today, I was wondering if we would ever see Worlds of DS9 repacked as an omnibus
Not before we make an omnibus of Cathedral, Lesser Evil, Rising Son, and Unity. But as that seems unlikely at the present time, a Worlds of DS9 omnibus is not planned either.

or if we will see more Worlds of DS9 stories published?
Probably not in that exact way, no. But Star Trek has a long tradition of immersive, worldbuilding-focused fiction that we continue to uphold. Klingon Empire: A Burning House and the Terok Nor trilogy are two recent examples. Titan: Over a Torrent Sea and the Seven Deadly Sins anthology are two upcoming examples.

"Pessimism is a misuse of imagination."
Marco Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Marco Palmieri
Rear Admiral

It was These Haunted Seas Marco was talking about(since I asked him about it last week) not Twist of Faith. Obviously ToF did well enough to print These Haunted Seas.
You misunderstand. I rolled the dice on These Haunted Seas, committing to it before any reliable sales data on Twist of Faith was available. But now that enough time has passed, it's possible to see that Twist of Faith underperformed, and that These Haunted Seas is on a similar trajectory.

"Pessimism is a misuse of imagination."
Marco Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2008, 02:19 PM   #6
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...0&postcount=16
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote