To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old October 25 2008, 05:22 PM   #31
Saul
Rear Admiral

Re: Formula 1 - Vroom Vroom! 2008 Season Discussion

Killer Koinek wrote: View Post
It's lap 4 now. Lewis is a little twat. A ridiculously unsafe driver.
As are all great world Champion drivers who want to win the Championship.
Old October 25 2008, 08:34 PM   #32
Koinek
Vice Admiral

^Kimi Raikkonen?
Old October 26 2008, 07:34 PM   #33
Saul
Rear Admiral

^Kimi Raikkonen?
Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna and Damon Hill.
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2008, 08:21 PM   #34
BRG
Commander

Sensational end to a sensational season!

WOW!!! That was an unbelievable end to F1 championship! Both drivers must have been at opposite ends of the emotional spectrum, only for it to be flipped on its head in the last seconds as Glock's dry tyres finally gave out in the rain,

Many congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on what will surly be the first of many World Titles. He never looked his usual racey self all weekend, but played a clever, cautious game which would have easily gave him the glory if not for the dramatic weather change.
I have said before, I am not a fan, I find him arrogant in the extream and he just rubs me the wrong way. But he is one of the most exciting drivers I have ever seen, and a worthy WDC.

Poor Filipe Massa. What more could the boy have done? As good as Lewis has been, Massa has matched him all year, had to best his team leader and defending champion, and overcome a hostile media who just did not rate him as top drawer. Yet in the end it was his team that let him down, the engine failure in Hungary and the pit-stop disaster in Singapore robbed him twice of certain victory, and would have given him an easy title.
He did benifit from some very dubious decisions by the FIA, but even the most ardent Hamilton fan must have felt his heartbreak at the end of his home GP, told he had won the title, only for Glock to fall apart on the home straight at hand it back to Lewis.

Fine race for Alonso & Vettel, who were excellent all year. Good to see Kimi back fighting, hopefully a title challeng by him next season. And Glock again continued his fine season, who was blameless as he fell away at the death.

So once again well done Lewis Hamilton, our 9th British F1 World Champion and first since Damon Hill in 1996, and McLaren's 6th World Champin drive, and the first since Mika Hakkinen in 1999.
And also congratulations to Ferarri who again won the WCC, just a pity the champion team let down Massa in his quest for the WDC.

Roll on 2009!
BRG
Scottish League Cup Winners- 2012
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2008, 08:59 PM   #35
Lonemagpie
Writer

Re: Sensational end to a sensational season!

BRG wrote: View Post
Roll on 2009!
BRG
Yay, I can actually watch the next race, cos it's back on the BBC...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2008, 09:03 PM   #36
StarfleetUK2K1
Commodore

Re: Sensational end to a sensational season!

talk about heart in mouth stuff, vettel takes hamilton then glock just disappears, the look on the faces of the ferrari guys when they realised victory had been snatched from them at the last second!

Roll on next year
Old November 2 2008, 10:24 PM   #37
arch101
Fleet Captain

Go Lewis! In the space of 45 seconds, my guy lost, then won the World Championship. I was rolling on the floor laughing with glee. I think my cat thought I was having a nervous breakdown. In 25 years of watching motorsport, that was probably the most amazing last corner of a season I have ever seen. One for the ages. Lewis!!!!
Old November 3 2008, 05:56 AM   #38
Saul
Rear Admiral

One of the most amazing races I have ever seen. Lewis won the Championship by 5 seconds! I was an emotional wreck thinking he won then lost then won. Wild. Many congrats to him. And Massa I hope gets another crack at it next year because he's a Gentleman in Victory and Defeat as the commentators said.
Old November 3 2008, 06:57 AM   #39
Koinek
Vice Admiral

One of the best races I've seen in a while and yet one of the saddest. Glock couldn't make it 500 yards further at race pace?

This was Massa's championship and for 2 laps he almost had it. That bloody Hungary engine screwed everything up for us. 2009 will be his year. I know it. Domenicalli should have the team's shit together for it. Less mistakes and oversights.

Vettel could quite possibly get himself into any cockpit he wants for 2009. The boy is brilliant. Hopefully Red Bull don't let him down. I really want to see him in a red car for 2010. Vettel-Alonso '10?

Also, just goes to show you how good Torro Rosso is as a team too. It would be a terrible shame to see them go. Hopefully they can keep the customer car thing going.

Poor DC. Last race and he gets double teamed by the Williams cars on lap 1. Really sad way to end a great career.

Also this is the end of the road for Rubens Barrichello. I will be very surprised if he returns in 2009. Honda has far better prospect on the market (eg. Sato). I don't expect to see Piquet Jr. next year either. His run in F1 has been downright pathetic (save 1 podium). I'm stunned Fisi will be back in '09.

I hope Bourdais keeps his seat. He's shown a lot of improvement of late and I think he can be Torro Rosso's beacon next year.

Anyway, I'm off to watch a recording of Brazil 2007. That should cheer me up.
Old November 3 2008, 02:32 PM   #40
Drifty
Ensign

One of the best races I've seen in a while and yet one of the saddest. Glock couldn't make it 500 yards further at race pace?
In fairness, both Glock and Trulli posted terrible final lap times. Looks like the Toyota had no grip at all on the last part of the track.
Drifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2008, 12:44 AM   #41
arch101
Fleet Captain

^^ What TV didn't show was that Glock ran through a particularly wet sector just before the last corner and nearly lost it. That's why he slowed way down. He didn't want to dump the car only 2 turns from a couple of valuable Constructor's points.