Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old October 16 2008, 07:41 PM   #1
RobertScorpio
Pariah

That one; Mommy!!!!

Have you ever watched a STAR TREK episode, from any show, and think "I wish I was there when they filmed that episode". I used to watch ARENA and say, gosh, wouldn't it be cool to have watched them film the Gorn stuff...would have looked hokey perhaps, but would have been cool.

I have been to that part where they filmed the scene. This was several years ago where you could climb up to where that big boulder was that Kirk pushed over the cliff to knock the Gorn out with...I got a picture of me standing up there. A friend of mine says that on some days you cant go up there, not sure about that. But to even go there when it isn't being used is a toughy too. Luckily, when we were there, it wasn't being used and we, my friend and I, took our pictures...

Is there a particular episode you have seen that you wish you could have been there, behind the scenes, to see how they did it? Not just meeting the actors, but seeing how it all worked behind the camera as well?

Rob
scorpio
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Fel
Lieutenant Commander

Re: That one; Mommy!!!!

Rob, Post the pictures man!
Old October 16 2008, 09:39 PM   #3
kissthestar
Captain

That ep in STMG where Wesley entertains the young lady who has led such an isolated existence under the care of her governess has a holodeck scene involving singing asteroids or something. I would like to have been there watching as the actors tried to respond with big awe to nothing at all.
kissthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Invader675
Ensign

Episode 1, Enterprise. The decontamination scene. Mmmmmmmmm. (I need a girlfriend ).
Old October 17 2008, 05:00 AM   #5
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

Every scene between Patrick Stewart and David Warner in Chain of Command. I still get chills from the interplay between these two brilliant actors.

I also think Spock's funeral scene. TWOK was a turning point for me in my love of Star Trek. That scene just sums it all up, nicely.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2008, 11:56 AM   #6
MrsPicard
Commander

Oooh, this is very hard to choose because I know that the TNG actors always had so much fun when they were shooting these episodes...

I would have loved to see the very first "Encounter At Farpoint" scene they shot. I think (I'm not sure, though) it was the one in which Wesley and Riker come out of the holodeck after Wesley has fallen into that river thingy and Jean-Luc simply looks at Wesley and says "Good idea." when Wesley tells him that he'll go and change clothes or something.

Shooting the very first TNG scene = historical moment. Must witness.
MrsPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2008, 03:33 PM   #7
RobertScorpio
Pariah

MrsPicard wrote: View Post
Oooh, this is very hard to choose because I know that the TNG actors always had so much fun when they were shooting these episodes...

I would have loved to see the very first "Encounter At Farpoint" scene they shot. I think (I'm not sure, though) it was the one in which Wesley and Riker come out of the holodeck after Wesley has fallen into that river thingy and Jean-Luc simply looks at Wesley and says "Good idea." when Wesley tells him that he'll go and change clothes or something.

Yeah..I could go for that. I would have liked to watch SHATNER/STEWERT film their scenes together for GENERATIONS for the same historic feel of it.

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2008, 06:17 PM   #8
MrsPicard
Commander

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post

Yeah..I could go for that. I would have liked to watch SHATNER/STEWERT film their scenes together for GENERATIONS for the same historic feel of it.

Rob
Oh I'd like to see that one as well. I'd basically be fine with just about every scene - if only Mr. Stewart's in it somehow! *lol*
MrsPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2008, 11:16 PM   #9
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

I was very privileged to be on set during filming of TNG several times. I tried to maintain my professionalism, but some times.... WOW!... ya know?!
Old October 18 2008, 05:57 AM   #10
ria 75
Fleet Captain

Location: The other side of the frog pond ----------------- Avatar by Wicca who Wonta

I always wondered why Wesley was still wet after getting out of the holodeck. Wasn't it holographic water?
Old October 18 2008, 10:17 AM   #11
votd
Commander

ria75 wrote: View Post
I always wondered why Wesley was still wet after getting out of the holodeck. Wasn't it holographic water?
I always justified that as replicated water.
Old October 18 2008, 06:35 PM   #12
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Acquisition... mmmmm Trip in blue undies...
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote