MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old October 15 2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Photon
Commodore

Regarding: Emissary

2 questions and 1 comment

Question 1) Who was the boy that played young Jake aboard the Saratoga, ya know the one the Bolian gave to the ensign when he was unconscious

2) What was the ship's name that delivered Sisko to DS9?

Comment: I think Picard, most of the time, is a self-righteous pig but felt a little sorry for him during and after the famous face to face w/Sisko aboard the ENT.

The forlorn look on his face after he mumbled "dismissed" to Sisko made me feel a little more compassionate on Picard. He didn't asked to be assimilated and it was really fair Sisko was copping a attitude w/him.

After numerous times watching this encounter, I've always felt Picard came off a little cold and detached after Sisko explained that he was alone trying to raise a son. Picard could at least said something like he deeply sympathize w/the loss of Sisko's wife and what type of job Sisko must have doing SF and parent, but Picard had never done the parent thing-which is prolly why he came off so callous
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2008, 03:28 AM   #2
dave_R_treker
Captain

Re: Regarding: Emissary

The answer to your first question the name of the boy who played young Jake is Thomas Hobson. This is atleast based on imformation that I found at TV.com and Memory Alpha.
dave_R_treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2008, 03:17 AM   #3
dave_R_treker
Captain

I've looked many places and I can not find which ship carried Sisko to DS9. Sorry
dave_R_treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2008, 01:52 AM   #4
MajRichter
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't believe there is any way of knowing the name of the ship delivering Sisko. The ship was never named in the episode and as far as I know, you don't see her exterior. All you see of the vessel is her interior.
MajRichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2008, 03:25 AM   #5
Red Ranger
Admiral

MajRichter wrote: View Post
I don't believe there is any way of knowing the name of the ship delivering Sisko. The ship was never named in the episode and as far as I know, you don't see her exterior. All you see of the vessel is her interior.
It was the Lollipop. It's a good ship! I want to think it was Enterprise, but I think we heard a voice identified as that ship's captain, and it wasn't Picard's voice. -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2008, 05:00 AM   #6
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

The Enterprise is just about the only ship we know it's not, due to that vessel's later role in the episode.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2008, 06:28 PM   #7
Lateralus
Commander

We could have fun with this...

The ship that delivered Sisko wasn't a real Federation vessel at all. It was, in fact, a ship brought into existence by the Prophets.

The Prophets had created Sisko only months before the events in The Emissary. Sisko started out as a critically injured Starfleet Security Officer named Murphy. The Prophets saved what they could of Murphy, opting to build what they had to.

Upon learning that a fictitious franchise known as RoboCop, in which the main character, an injured cop named Murphy, had been reconstructed with unnatural parts had existed on Earth for several centuries, the Prophets opted to rename Murphy to Sisko. The name was actually meant to mirror the galactic networking company 'Cisco', but the Prophets had no idea how to spell it, finding English to be very confusing phonetically.

After completing Sisko, the Prophets were finally able to set their ultimate plan in motion; through created memories, and manipulation of people and events, the Prophets were determined to not only bring about the revival of the Krispy Kreme donuts franchise after several centuries, but to see to it that an establishment find its home at the mouth of the wormhole...

Last edited by Lateralus; October 20 2008 at 07:42 PM.
Lateralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2008, 06:51 PM   #8
davidant32
Commodore

Lateralus wrote: View Post
We could have fun with this...

The ship that delivered Sisko wasn't a real Federation vessel at all. It was, in fact, a ship brought into existence by the Prophets.

The Prophets had created Sisko only months before the events in The Emissary. Sisko started out as a critically injured Starfleet Security Officer named Murphy. The prophers saved what they could of Murphy, opting to build what they had to.

Upon learning that a fictitious franchise known as RoboCop, in which the main character, an injured cop named Murphy, had been reconstructed with unnatural parts had existed on Earth for several centuries, the Prophets opted to rename Murphy to Sisko. The name was actually meant to mirror the galactic networking company 'Cisco', but the Prophets had no idea how to spell it, finding English to be very confusing phonetically.

After completing Sisko, the Prophets were finally able to set their ultimate plan in motion; through created memories, and manipulation of people and events, the Prophets were determined to not only bring about the revival of the Krispy Kreme donuts franchise after several centuries, but to see to it that an establishment find its home at the mouth of the wormhole...
no no no no, that doesn't sound right at all, does it?

what is going on?!