Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Eve Faces Backlash For Jenner Comments

Frakes: Forget About Trek On TV

Worf Vinyl Bust Bank
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old October 3 2008, 10:31 PM   #1
foxmulder710
Lieutenant Commander

Future Trek Timeline

So, way back in the day (ca. 2001) myself and a half-dozen or so other members of this forum (I had a different handle back then) collaborated on an ongoing and rather interesting sketch of what the future of Trek might be.

That is, after Voyager returns from the Delta Quadrant, what happens?

OK, so obviously there're some Romulan/Reman political type stuffs, and maybe the Borg decide to invade again...

Anyone wish to contribute?
foxmulder710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2008, 12:09 AM   #2
foxmulder710
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Future Trek Timeline

I see. This thread appears to be FAIL.

Hey Mods: has any attempt similar to this been made at any time recently? If so, how did it fare?
Old October 4 2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Dude, we have so many projects going that its almost impossible to keep something like this going-I've got an ongoing major story(Remnants), the monthly challenge and keeping up with all of the other storylines being posted(everybody has at least one and some have 2 or more)-plus work is hectic and most of my shows just kicked off a new season. Time is at a premium.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2008, 05:21 AM   #4
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell

Here is a work of Trek Future History which I have been working on for a while...

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=33111

enjoy! (Though it is quite long)
USS Fardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2008, 08:03 AM   #5
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Let me phrase it a bit more diplomatically. Many of the currently posting authors to this board are involved in their own projects, many of them individual ones, some of them belonging to shared universes. Each of these individuals and/or groups will be using their own custom timelines.

And unless the timeline that’s developed is ultimately for use as a reference tool for storytelling, you might be hard-pressed to find anyone interested in assembling one simply for the sake of the timeline itself.

However, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor!
Old October 4 2008, 09:37 AM   #6
RevdKathy
BobTheSkutter's wife

View RevdKathy's Twitter Profile

You might also want to hang around more than a couple of hours before giving up. Many of our regulars only pop by every couple of days.

Who were you 'back in the day'??

RevdKathy
RevdKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2008, 11:30 AM   #7
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Yeah, who were you? and Gibraltar is being nice but a bit wrong-I actually think creating timelines for their own sake is fun-I just lack the time.

Old October 4 2008, 11:40 AM   #8
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Mistral wrote: View Post
Yeah, who were you? and Gibraltar is being nice but a bit wrong-I actually think creating timelines for their own sake is fun-I just lack the time.
I stand corrected!
Old October 4 2008, 12:02 PM   #9
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Gibraltar wrote: View Post
Mistral wrote: View Post
I stand corrected!

Ya better be-ya biatch! No, seriously, I'd love to but can't commit to a specific time.

Old October 4 2008, 12:06 PM   #10
DavidFalkayn
Commodore

"It's about time...it's about space..." Sorry...had a flashback to an old tv sitcom from back in the day.

Seriously, to echo Gibraltar, a lot of us either write in shared universes or have our own timelines for our individual works or, to echo Mistral, we're so busy with our projects and RL that we just don't have the time. And, as Scare Bear said, many of the regulars here do only cruise by every couple of days or so. You've got to give it time.

To be honest, you'd probably be better off designing a timeline to work with your own stories. If you've got something you're cooking up--post it when you're ready--we'd love to read it. But also, when you post it, give us a few days to read it before worrying about whether it's getting interest or not. There are so many stories I'm reading here now, plus working on my own, that sometimes it takes me a couple of days to get my comments in to the writer.
Old October 4 2008, 11:22 PM   #11
foxmulder710
Lieutenant Commander

Scare Bear wrote: View Post
You might also want to hang around more than a couple of hours before giving up. Many of our regulars only pop by every couple of days.

Captain Gary Hobson was my main handle. I had it under an AOL e-mail account, which I've since lost.

Ever heard of Emperor Tiberius? Back then he was pumping out pretty kick-ass Dark Ezri stuff, along with a series where Chakotay had his own ship and was bounced among different quantum realities which really fascinated.
Old October 4 2008, 11:26 PM   #12
foxmulder710
Lieutenant Commander

P.S. I just noticed your old handle. I DO seem to remember you being around back then...remember 47 and Count Olaf? And then there was a throng of worshippers who would (although not at all without good reason) extol Tiberius's work every week?
Old October 4 2008, 11:50 PM   #13
RobertScorpio
Pariah

foxmulder710 wrote: View Post

P.S. I just noticed your old handle. I DO seem to remember you being around back then...remember 47 and Count Olaf? And then there was a throng of worshippers who would (although not at all without good reason) extol Tiberius's work every week?
I remember count Olaf too..I had an old handle back in the day. But in the interest of galactic peace, I would rather not go there.

Rob
Scorpio
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2008, 12:21 AM   #14
Count Zero
Decidedly something

foxmulder710 wrote: View Post
Ever heard of Emperor Tiberius? Back then he was pumping out pretty kick-ass Dark Ezri stuff, along with a series where Chakotay had his own ship and was bounced among different quantum realities which really fascinated.
Yeah, he left a while ago, having told all the Trek stories he wanted to. Though they often were over the top at times I always found them to be an entertaining read.
Old October 5 2008, 11:15 AM   #15
tenmei
Fleet Captain

ET was a great author, still got most of his stuff saved on the computer