Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 19 2008, 06:52 AM   #16
mswood
Rear Admiral

Re: Supernatural 4x1 "Lazarus Rising" SPOILERS after ep discussion

Yeah, it was quite biblical. Even with a warning. And the voice of an angel is supposed to be terrible, so nice to hear that as well.

Be curious if Sam could hear his natural voice, unlike Dean.

Question: Did the lying liars who lie actually believe the others story? I mean seriously. I honestly could believe Sam believing Dean. But after al of what Sam's been doing, I just am surprised that he would think Sam was going for pizza.
Old September 19 2008, 06:55 AM   #17
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

They wanted to believe each other. They're being willfully blind.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2008, 06:58 AM   #18
mswood
Rear Admiral

Oh, I just need to add. I really ,really want to be touched by an angel, now.....

Or the instrument of God (damn he looked good tonight).

But I really want to play with Satan's boy toy....
Old September 19 2008, 07:00 AM   #19
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Castiel was tasty. I had a feeling he'd tickle your fancy.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old September 19 2008, 07:02 AM   #20
mswood
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
They wanted to believe each other. They're being willfully blind.
I so can't wait to see that bite them heavily in the ass.

I always love it when one of them tears into the other about lies. Whether its Sam finding out the truth about what John told Dean, or Dean finding out about Lilith or even the Immortality Doctor....

I just love that conflict.

It is interesting though, and something that I never thought of. When Sam died, where did he go? Do CRD's have the power to bring one out of heaven? Certainly out of hell if you can believe her about bringing John back (we know where he was), or perhaps purgatory.
Old September 19 2008, 07:51 AM   #21
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I'm not sure he went anywhere, per se. Just a deathly nap.

Old September 19 2008, 08:23 AM   #22
Technobuilder
Commodore

I honestly don't get why the religious groups would have a problem with agent of God being brought into the show. I mean... they're angels and don't the religious Groups believe in angels?

Personally, I'm happy that the concept of the "Other" side is FINALLY being explored. Up to this point, most of the demons themselves (low on the totem pole mind you) have had no real clue if God is real or not. They're just agents of Chaos for the most part. Human souls that made bargains or deals long ago and then eventually slipped into becoming Demons. No one we've met has really been one of the Fallen yet.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens now. I'm hoping that the Archangel is legit and NOT out for some nefarious purpose, but again we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Also, just to add:

Sam shouldn't be lying about his powers, BUT I think Dean's kneejerk reaction to his abilities is the reason for it. It's very possible that someone with "Bad" powers can choose to do good in a universe where there is Free Will, but then again Absolute Power corrupts more often than not.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2008, 08:50 AM   #23
DeadmeatDiggory
Commander

About FING time they brought in players from the other side. And it's starting to look like my theory that Sam is Lucifer is looking more and more likely. All in all a great episode, and it looks like this season is going to kick some major ass.

On a slight side note, I found a couple script pages from the end of the episode, with certain words and phrases carefully hidden --

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3641762/Castiel

-- enjoy.
Old September 19 2008, 09:04 AM   #24
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

HA! "Guy." Who were they kidding?

Sam shouldn't be lying about his powers, BUT I think Dean's kneejerk reaction to his abilities is the reason for it
Dean has used the word "freak" to refer to Sam and his likewise psychically gifted brethren before. There's plenty of emotional minefields to traverse with Sam.

Old September 19 2008, 12:17 PM   #25
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I liked the episode a lot, but it did feel a little off. I'm not sure what it was though.
It seems like they're cranking up the mythology of the show. As the promo said they seem to be leading up to the End of Days, and upping their game with the threat level.
I have to wonder if Castiel is playing Dean though. Lightning, dark shadows, burning the eyes out of people who are possessed rather than banishing the demons etc. seem pretty dark for an angel.
The devil/Lucifer is also an angel, could he not be pulling this stuff, too? Sam was only supposed to lead Yellow eyes armies, perhaps Dean will be ending up doing the devils dirty work, and cleaning up these upstart demons, such as Lilith?

Not that I have any objection to it being true either, I just think it could be they both think they're doing good, only to turn out their both paving their own road to hell.
Old September 19 2008, 03:12 PM   #26
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

View Ben Sisko3's Twitter Profile

DeadmeatDiggory wrote: View Post
And it's starting to look like my theory that Sam is Lucifer is looking more and more likely.
Glad to know I'm not the only who think so...
Ben Sisko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2008, 03:43 PM   #27
mswood
Rear Admiral

Overnights are out Smallville got a 2.9 (a terrible performance by Smallville) and Supernatural got a 2.7 (which is higher then any numbers I have from last year) though both of these should be inflated (which really sucks for Smallville) due to Chicago.
Old September 19 2008, 03:47 PM   #28
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Fantastic show, and as others have stated, it's about time angels appeared. It perplexes me that angles have an appearance that would harm people's eyes I'm betting this season really kicks into high gear.
Old September 19 2008, 05:53 PM   #29
Othello
Commodore

I REALLY didn't like the look of the episode. It looke awful on tv. Other than that though. It was merely ok. Not sure how I like the angel development. And while I almost always prefer brunettes over blondes I like the old Ruby better.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2008, 06:00 PM   #30
Othello
Commodore

mswood wrote: View Post
Oh, I just need to add. I really ,really want to be touched by an angel, now.....

Or the instrument of God (damn he looked good tonight).

But I really want to play with Satan's boy toy....

Lots of hot demonesses I've been wanted to be touched by over the course of the series. LOL Though the best of the ladies, good ro evil, was in season one with the woman sam fell for in the little girl in the painting episode. Sooooooo hot...
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote