RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,658
Members: 24,813
Currently online: 401
Newest member: SB118_Pavlova

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 17 2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Snaploud
Admiral

Brothers and Sisters--Wait? Did they really just do that...? *spoiler

I just watched the latest episode of Brothers and Sisters. So, we had a whole plot-line last season involving Kitty's senator/boyfriend/husband running for the White House. It even goes so far as him being offered the Republican vice presidential nomination.

Now, we get a five-second tv throw-away line that Barack Obama is president-elect in the Brothers and Sisters universe...? Really? Doesn't that deserve a bit more elaboration?
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2008, 06:00 AM   #2
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Brothers and Sisters--Wait? Did they really just do that...? *spo

^ Not really. The episode was written well before the election so it may come into play later.
Old November 17 2008, 06:34 AM   #3
witchie
Commodore

I thought Robert wasn't chosen to be the VP in the end, so the outcome of the election wouldn't have much impact on the current storylines. Kitty even mentions their 1-year anniversary is a month away, so a year has passed in the B&Sverse.
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Basill
Captain

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ Not really. The episode was written well before the election so it may come into play later.
I wondered as it aired last night if they had filmed two possible outcomes for that scene. That could explain why it was more of a throwaway scene, as it was something they couldn't really elaborate on other that the winner. On the other had it could have been a quickie scene that they waited to film after the election, and the short time from filming to editing for airing would have kept it to a minimum. All just speculation on my part as I don't actually know the filming to airing time-table, but it definitely caught my attention (and my curiosity) when I saw it. I even wondered if the Proposition 8 issue might affect Kevin and Scotty down the line. Though I think they were married in "domestic partnership" prior to the California Supreme Court decision that was ultimately rendered moot.

Visit my Trek Art blog at: http://starstation.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Basill; November 17 2008 at 05:47 PM.
Basill is offline   Reply With Quote