RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,854
Posts: 5,474,417
Members: 25,043
Currently online: 492
Newest member: denver23

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old September 14 2008, 02:36 AM   #1
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore
 
The Master of Tarquin Hill's Avatar
 
Wraith Telepathic Link Question

What happened to it?
__________________
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -- Gene Roddenberry
The Master of Tarquin Hill is offline  
Old September 14 2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

^Nothing. It's exactly why Todd had to use Teyla to pose as his Queen.
Hermiod is offline  
Old September 15 2008, 06:25 PM   #3
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Just back from Your Moms House...
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

Actually you have a point there. At first Teyla could sense the wraith from quite a distance. And they could sense her. So technically the dumb@$$ writers forgot that when writing this episode.
That probably 1 of the reasons why the show is canned. Dumb Writers.
DontFeedPhil is offline  
Old September 15 2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

^Errrrr, that's exactly why she was able to pass as a Queen. They can't sense humans. If the Primary hadn't been able to sense Teyla she would have been found out.
Hermiod is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 01:32 AM   #5
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore
 
The Master of Tarquin Hill's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^Nothing. It's exactly why Todd had to use Teyla to pose as his Queen.
Why were they talking?

Because its fun?
__________________
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -- Gene Roddenberry
The Master of Tarquin Hill is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 06:57 AM   #6
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
So technically the dumb@$$ writers forgot that when writing this episode.
That probably 1 of the reasons why the show is canned. Dumb Writers.
Get your facts right then your point might be valid.
__________________
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

Master of Tarquin Hill wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post
^Nothing. It's exactly why Todd had to use Teyla to pose as his Queen.
Why were they talking?

Because its fun?
Because Wraith always talk to each other ? They've been talking to each other since day one.
Hermiod is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 07:29 AM   #8
The Master of Tarquin Hill
Commodore
 
The Master of Tarquin Hill's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Master of Tarquin Hill wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post
^Nothing. It's exactly why Todd had to use Teyla to pose as his Queen.
Why were they talking?

Because its fun?
Because Wraith always talk to each other ? They've been talking to each other since day one.
And I have been watching since day one.

You seem to be missing the point.
__________________
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -- Gene Roddenberry
The Master of Tarquin Hill is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 09:38 AM   #9
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

^Because you're not making one that makes any sense.
Hermiod is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 09:47 AM   #10
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

"Sits with GLEE while eating popcorn and waits for the hair pulling"

__________________
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 10:01 AM   #11
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

The question "what happened to it ?" implies that it is no longer present in the series. That is not true when the subject was brought up in the very latest episode aired in the United States.
Hermiod is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 06:50 PM   #12
cylkoth
Commodore
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

The Wraith psychic network was never portrayed as an 'always on' internet connection if you will... More like a message board. Just because you log on and post, doesn't mean that everyone knows everything you're thinking. Teyla's initial attempt to 'lurk' was discovered because she didn't have the proper 'firewall' to hide behind. Once she knew that she could be detected, she was able to shield her presence better and avoid detection.
How else do you think Todd and his followers have managed not to be found out by the others? They share their thoughts only if and when they want to. So no continuity has been violated.
__________________
Have spacesuit...will travel.
cylkoth is offline  
Old September 16 2008, 06:52 PM   #13
Hermiod
Admiral
 
Hermiod's Avatar
 
Re: Wraith Telepathic Link Question

^Bingo. If they had an "always on" link the Primary would have immediately sussed that Todd's Hive didn't have a Queen.
Hermiod is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.