Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 13 2008, 03:27 AM   #1
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Crossover romances

I got this idea recently when, at the used bookstore where I work, someone traded in an odd pair of DVD sets-- Bonanza and Charmed. It got me wondering, which of the Cartwrights would pair up best with which Halliwell sisters?

Then I started thinking about other romantic crossovers. For example, I wrote a 7 Days meets The X-Files fanfic several years ago where Frank Parker & Dana Scully started dating, then Olga Vukavitch started dating Fox Mulder just to make Parker jealous.

Do you folks have any interesting ideas for bizarre crossover romances?
Old September 13 2008, 03:48 AM   #2
Good Will Riker
Admiral

Re: Crossover romances

Since we get to "fancy" in our own imaginations here, this is what I actually prefer:

TNG vs. Spice Girls

Jean-Luc Picard & Ginger Spice
William T. Riker & Sporty Spice
Geordi La Forge & Scary Spice
Data & Baby Spice
Worf & Posh Spice
Good Will Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2008, 04:10 AM   #3
wamdue
Admiral

um Woody (Crossing Jordan) & Sam (Las Vegas) had a long distance relationship for a while. Those two shows crossed over alot.

and Tony Vincent on Casualty was dating Ben Saunders on Holby City, but I dont watch Holby City so I dont know how that turned out.
Old September 13 2008, 05:03 AM   #4
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Good Will Riker wrote: View Post
Worf & Posh Spice
Yeah, I guess Worf could kick David Beckham's ass, so he wouldn't be able to do anything about this.
Old September 14 2008, 12:13 AM   #5
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Hmmm ... John from Farscape and Cam from StarGate SG1. Yeah, I can see that ....
Old September 14 2008, 01:53 AM   #6
Aragorn
Admiral

Charles "Trip" Tucker and Kara "Starbuck" Thrace.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2008, 02:21 AM   #7
ancientone51
Rear Admiral

Not a romance, but I've always wanted to see Greg's parents frpm "Darma & Greg" get together with Lorilie's parents from "Gillmore Girls."

Not sure if Kitty and Emily would get along or have a heck of a cat fight.

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2008, 04:06 AM   #8
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

wamdue wrote: View Post
um Woody (Crossing Jordan) & Sam (Las Vegas) had a long distance relationship for a while. Those two shows crossed over alot.

and Tony Vincent on Casualty was dating Ben Saunders on Holby City, but I dont watch Holby City so I dont know how that turned out.
And in the CSI:NY episode Manhattan Manhunt, there was some flirting going on between Stella Bonasera and Horatio Caine.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2008, 03:36 PM   #9
wamdue
Admiral

Caretaker wrote: View Post
wamdue wrote: View Post

And in the CSI:NY episode Manhattan Manhunt, there was some flirting going on between Stella Bonasera and Horatio Caine.
true, but I always thought Caine had great chemistry with Catherine Willows of CSI
Old September 14 2008, 04:12 PM   #10
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Once, in a joke-fic, I had Willow Rosenberg pair up (despite her preferences) with Little Joe Cartwright. The readers were left to wonder whose bad romance luck would kill who first, as Buffy got a report of a demon buffalo herd heading in their direction.

Crossover romance is one thing. I often wonder about crossover logic. For example, in the DCU or MU, wherein aliens are a known fact of life, would Mulder and Scully investigate government links to known unfriendly aliens, like the Skrulls or Dominators? In a combined DCU/MU world, who would be the pre-eminent uber-team? Would the JLA and Avengers, who spend time in the public opinion crapper, trade places when one is on the outs? Would anti-mutant activity be diminished, or made greater by the doubling of the super population? Would the arrival of the Tenctonese (from Alien Nation) in the 80's prepare Earth better for first contact in 2063 or would the Vulcans prove the tipping point in species' tension? Would Doctor Strange be one day called upon to be Headmaster of the American analog to Hogwart's? Could Willow be his apprentice, or could one of the Halliwells, sparking a feud between the Elders and the Vishanti?

I have to stop, now.
Old September 14 2008, 09:51 PM   #11
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

The Heroes and Lost casts would mesh well. Not necessarily romatically, I'd just like to see them interact.

I also would be rather intrigued to see how Dexter Morgan and Kara Thrace get along on a date. Frakkin' headcase Olympics!

For Debra Morgan, I'd pair her up with Trip Tucker. They seem perfect for each other!

John Crichton could use a stable, smart woman. Dana Scully's the one for him. Plus, he can kick Mulder's ass if he complains.
Crossover romance is one thing. I often wonder about crossover logic.
One of my favorite ideas is for Heroes to exist in the X-Files universe...when Mohinder called the FBI, I wanted Mulder to pick up the phone.

But Doctor Strange's magical milieu is too Lovecraftian to fit comfortably in the Harry Potter universe.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; September 14 2008 at 10:08 PM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote