RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,360
Posts: 5,503,485
Members: 25,124
Currently online: 634
Newest member: traedoril

TrekToday headlines

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 30 2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Brynthe2
Commander
 
Brynthe2's Avatar
 
Location: Kendra Province, Bajor
Thanks from a Kindle User

I know its been said that the authors and editors don't have any influence over the release of the ebooks, but I was very excited to see that the first book of Destiny was available for pre-order on the Kindle, and has been released today. So if any of you authors or editors passed along our unhappiness with the ebook release schedule over the last few months, resulting in this change, I just want to say thanks, at least for Kindle users.
Brynthe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Thrawn
Rear Admiral
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Thanks from a Kindle User

I'll be getting myself a Kindle around Christmas, I believe, so this kind of progress is really good to hear.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2008, 09:10 PM   #3
phoenix96
Ensign
 
Re: Thanks from a Kindle User

Brynthe2 wrote: View Post
I know its been said that the authors and editors don't have any influence over the release of the ebooks, but I was very excited to see that the first book of Destiny was available for pre-order on the Kindle, and has been released today. So if any of you authors or editors passed along our unhappiness with the ebook release schedule over the last few months, resulting in this change, I just want to say thanks, at least for Kindle users.
I second this! I was very frustrated with Fearful Symmetry and Greater Than The Sum taking so long (I think Fearful Symmetry is still not available in a Kindle version). It was nice to see

Frankly, with my reading habits and travel schedules, I just won't buy paperback books anymore. If a Star Trek book isn't available in an ebook edition, I won't be reading it.
phoenix96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2008, 12:06 AM   #4
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Thanks from a Kindle User

phoenix96 wrote: View Post
I think Fearful Symmetry is still not available in a Kindle version
Pocket is waiting for the Flip Kindle to be invented.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2008, 06:50 AM   #5
JWolf
Commodore
 
JWolf's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Re: Thanks from a Kindle User

Star Trek: Destiny: Gods of Night Book 1 is also available for the Sony Reader as well.
__________________
Jon
JWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2008, 03:59 AM   #6
Skittles
Ensign
 
Re: Thanks from a Kindle User

Brynthe2 wrote: View Post
I know its been said that the authors and editors don't have any influence over the release of the ebooks, but I was very excited to see that the first book of Destiny was available for pre-order on the Kindle, and has been released today. So if any of you authors or editors passed along our unhappiness with the ebook release schedule over the last few months, resulting in this change, I just want to say thanks, at least for Kindle users.
I'd like to second (third?) this. I saw that Destiny was available for pre-order on the Kindle, which is a first for Trek books as far as I know. Although I'm still working through the last few books in the DS9 relaunch, it pleased me to no end that people were listening to the few vocal Kindle owners. Even if that wasn't a contributing factor, believing that it was made me smile.

phoenix96 wrote: View Post
(I think Fearful Symmetry is still not available in a Kindle version)....

Frankly, with my reading habits and travel schedules, I just won't buy paperback books anymore. If a Star Trek book isn't available in an ebook edition, I won't be reading it.
Unfortunately, I have to second this, as well. Although I'm still a book away in the relaunch in order to get to Fearful Symmetry, I keep checking Amazon, only to see it's not there. I hope this is just a temporary thing. I don't need a flippable book (although I think that's cool), but at this point, my bookshelf space is so limited and I'm traveling so frequently that if I can't get it on the Kindle, I just don't get it. I hope that Fearful Symmetry comes soon to the Kindle.





.... and if anyone at S&S can get Martyr (New Frontier Book 5) on the Kindle service, I will donate blood and give to charity, as well as offer a few hundred Praise Jebus's to the Great Bird. I splurged this weekend and replaced my entire NF paperback library with Kindle copies. Except for Martyr.
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.