May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old September 24 2008, 06:26 PM   #1
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Predator 3?? With Arnuld??? Maybe... Hope, hope!!

"Anyway, while talking to him today, he gave us updates on whether or not they’ll be another “Aliens vs. Predator” movie, what’s up with “Jason and the Argonauts,” and his take on a “Sims” movie – which is based on the very popular video game.

The quick info is that “AVP” is dead, but we might get another “Predator” movie after Arnold leaves office."

"
You were also involved with AVP and AVPR, which are two great franchises, but they haven’t been able to work as a joint franchise. When are we going to see them go separate? Or are we going to see a third AVP?

John Davis: Well, the Governor has mentioned to me that when he ceases to be Governor, if he doesn’t run for the Senate and all of that stuff, he’d like to do a movie or two again. And I don’t know, maybe we could restart the Predator franchise.

So if Arnold wanted to do it, it’s going to get made?

John Davis: Well we’d have to come up with a really good script and a really great angle on it, but Predator was the first movie I was ever involved with, so it’s always going to have a really soft spot in my heart.

So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?

John Davis: I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator .

How do you see the character that Arnold plays to that franchise?

John Davis: I don’t know yet. But I think Predator is a great character and a great monster."

http://www.collider.com/entertainmen...id/9244/tcid/1

So the AVP movies are dead.
I can't say I'm happy about that but what a way to ruin a great idea.

The AVP movies should have taken place well into the future and not on Earth.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2008, 07:44 PM   #2
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: Predator 3?? With Arnuld??? Maybe... Hope, hope!!

well, thats all well and good, but it's very possible that Pred 3 could be a direct sequel to AVP:R
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Lonemagpie
Writer

I really would have loved to see Robert Rodriguez' "Predators" as Predator 3, but that'll never happen now - not least because if it did it'd be slammed as "Predator Vs Pirates Of The Caribbean"

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 12:51 AM   #4
Nardpuncher
Rear Admiral

It doesn't sound like Arnold would do it at all. It said that he told this Mr. Davis that if he isn't doing something else then maybe he'll make a couple of movies, then Davis says that he personally would like to make anew Predator.
Nardpuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 03:35 AM   #5
Aragorn
Admiral

There was an idea a while back about Schwarzenegger facing off against Glover, but obviously that wouldn't work now.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 05:47 AM   #6
Tulin
Vice Admiral

PKerr wrote: View Post
"So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?

John Davis: I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator ."
"Logically done what we could with the two AvP movies"?!?!?!!

Yeah.

If you're a retarded mongoloid who couldn't write a Depends commercial without having a coniption fit.

This is one of the both funniest and saddest things I have read all year.

The fuckwits in charge of the AvP films should be sacked from Hollywood and be forced to clean sewer drains in Bombay.
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 05:56 AM   #7
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
There was an idea a while back about Schwarzenegger facing off against Glover, but obviously that wouldn't work now.
Arnold- I need a vacation......

Glover- I'm gettin too old for this shit

Or maybe bring Adam Baldwin
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 06:02 AM   #8
Aragorn
Admiral

Fun fact, in AVP2, Robert Joy's character (the mysterious government suit who seemed to know an awful lot) was originally supposed to be Adam Baldwin's Predator 2 character.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 01:21 PM   #9
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Whatever they do with Predator or Alien, they should always hire first or second time directors who have little idea of what they are doing.
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 01:38 PM   #10
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Tulin wrote: View Post
PKerr wrote: View Post
"So is the AVP franchise on hold for now?

John Davis: I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies. But I think there’s something to go back to with Predator ."
"Logically done what we could with the two AvP movies"?!?!?!!

Yeah.

If you're a retarded mongoloid who couldn't write a Depends commercial without having a coniption fit.

This is one of the both funniest and saddest things I have read all year.

The fuckwits in charge of the AvP films should be sacked from Hollywood and be forced to clean sewer drains in Bombay.
My thoughts exactly.
Both franchises have a great deal of great stories left in them and the idiots in charge come up with what the did?
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 01:45 PM   #11
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Although I doubt we'll see Arnold in another Predator movie IF it does come to be, I'll be sure to see it .
Old September 25 2008, 02:12 PM   #12
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

I didn't know there was a second Predator movie. Shows you how much I pay attention. Thinking on this for a while, though, it's hard to see how they could improve on the first film.
Old September 25 2008, 02:25 PM   #13
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

So, no-were to go with the AVP franchise?

Well, I guess that set-up for the formation of Weyland-Yutani and the possible prequel to ALIEN explaining how they knew exactly what was on the derelict and that it was worth the effort to divert the Nostromo.

Hardly like the translated message would be "Keep away! We have dangerous Alien Creatures aboard! You know the ones, with the acid for blood, that incubate inside a host, then burst through the chest. You know, that led to you guys nuking that city, oh what was it called, somewhere up North somewhere - just off the interstate. Hang on, GRUTHLICATIC, what was the name of that city on Earth? You know the one, they nuked it to kill the Aliens? Oh he don't remember, but hey you humans couldn't have nuked too many cities in your time right? Ah you'll figure it out - right gotta be going."

Way to start a new franchise then let it die a death without even trying, and trying to drag the individual Alien and Predator franchises down with you!!

Damn you Hollywood!!!
Old September 25 2008, 02:29 PM   #14
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

I never considered the AvP abominations to have anything to do with the original films. I don't think I'm alone here.
Old September 25 2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

solariabsg25 wrote: View Post
So, no-were to go with the AVP franchise?

Well, I guess that set-up for the formation of Weyland-Yutani and the possible prequel to ALIEN explaining how they knew exactly what was on the derelict and that it was worth the effort to divert the Nostromo.
Exactly. That was a stupid quote. There are not only avenues to explore but to explore well.

I like some others don't pretend the two AvP films were masterpieces but they were better than quite a few things I've seen. I for one think we will still get an AvP:3 at some point.

As for a Predator3, hey I'm all for it. If ever there was a time for it then the current 80's to now franchise revival is the time to do so. Audiences have welcomed them(as they've been done well enough) so if Arnold can find a way into a Predator 3 and its good enough then I'm game.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote