TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old August 29 2008, 06:57 AM   #1
Mendon
Lieutenant Commander

Major episodes you haven't seen

Which episodes might other Trek fans be surprised to learn you haven't seen?

Are there any that you've consciously avoided, rather than simply missing them? If so, why?

My biggest omission is probably Trials And Tribble-Ations, but I'm confident I'll love it when the opportunity arises.

On the other hand, I have avoided watching These Are The Voyages. Enterprise was headed in such a great direction before its cancellation that this finale - given all that I've heard - would probably only depress me.

Mendon
Mendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 02:11 PM   #2
golakers
Rear Admiral

Re: Major episodes you haven't seen

Pretty much all of Enterprise and post season 2 Voyager. I'm not that disappointed about it though.
golakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Dane_Whitman
Fleet Captain

I've seen them all a number of times, even the episodes I don't care for I've seen at least five times as part of a Trek marathon.

If I somehow discovered there was a Trek episode I hadn't seen, which is impossible, I wouldn't be here posting about it, but I'd be watching that episode.

- Bertrand Russell
Dane_Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Dane_Whitman wrote: View Post
I've seen them all a number of times, even the episodes I don't care for I've seen at least five times as part of a Trek marathon.

If I somehow discovered there was a Trek episode I hadn't seen, which is impossible, I wouldn't be here posting about it, but I'd be watching that episode.
Yeah! So there!

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 04:56 PM   #5
TheRealNaveed
Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to TheRealNaveed Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheRealNaveed Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealNaveed

I think the biggest episode that I haven't seen is Dear Doctor from Enterprise. I've seen clips, I don't know what happened... I saw every episode of Enterprise on first airing except that one for some reason.

There are also the odd S1 and S2 Voyager episodes I've never seen, but I don't think it's a great loss. I'll catch them on DVD after I'm done with TNG.
TheRealNaveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 05:37 PM   #6
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

The only major episode I haven't seen is the one where Kirk's ex-wife and daughter come aboard. I can't remember the name.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 05:39 PM   #7
egonbeeblebrox
Commander

I haven't seen "The Visitor," which I still desperately want to see. Nor have I seen most of the latter half of DS9. "The Visitor" is what sticks out for me, because I keep hearing it's brilliant. I've also never seen any of the supposedly GREAT "Voyager" episodes. Like "Living Witness" or "Timeless."

Are all these your guitars?
egonbeeblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 07:22 PM   #8
amalie
Lieutenant Commander

I also deliberately avoided Enterprise's These are the Voyages because I know it will just annoy and/or depress me.

Other than that I've seen all of TNG, VOY, DS9 and ENT. I've still yet to see all of TOS but I'm getting the DVD's through Lovefilm now so that will soon be corrected.
amalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 10:39 PM   #9
SFRabid
Commodore

I have not seen the episode of Voyager where Janeway goes "salamander" at warp 10. I will watch it sometime just for the laugh.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2008, 11:51 PM   #10
WendellM
Commodore

The TOS episode that I somehow missed for a long time was Balance of Terror (this was in the late 70s). I'd seen all the rest as a kid multiple times, but one day I read in TV Guide about a Romulan ship armed with a fearsome weapon crossing the neutral zone.

Well, I knew that I hadn't seen that and that I had to. I stayed home from summer camp at the Y and taped it (with a cassette recorder next to the TV). I took it in the next day and shared it with my fellow Trek fan at camp.
WendellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2008, 12:26 AM   #11
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

I think I've seen all of the episodes of Trek that I really care to with the exception of TAS, which I've never really experienced.

I missed bits and pieces of VOY and ENT, but that was intentional.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2008, 01:58 AM   #12
Red Ranger
Admiral

I missed almost all of the third season of ENT, and a few eps in the second and fourth seasons, but nothing that stands out in my mind. For the longest time, I hadn't seen TNG eps Data's Day and The Masterpiece Society, and I've only seen both maybe once or twice since I first watched them. Aside from that, I've seen pretty much all of them, esp. TOS, of course. -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2008, 02:55 AM   #13
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

I've only seen the tribble episode for The Animated Series. Would like to see the rest of it one day.
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2008, 04:21 AM   #14
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

I skipped virtually all of season 3 Enterprise. Haven't felt too bad about it, though.
Old August 30 2008, 05:25 AM   #15
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I've never seen ENT's "The Interregnum" nor "Debugging Entry." I hear they are excellent though.