Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 4 2008, 08:34 AM   #16
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Re: New Indiana Jones score CDs coming...

cynical dreamer wrote: View Post
I hope this is a sign that the complete soundtracks to the last 2 Star Wars prequels will come down the pipe at some point sooner rather than later.
And hopefully more reminiscent of the original trilogy releases than the "Ultimate" edition for Episode I.
Old September 4 2008, 01:41 PM   #17
Christopher
Writer

The press release says the soundtracks are "expanded," which doesn't necessarily mean "complete." The title "The Complete Soundtracks Collection" could mean that the overall collection is complete in the sense of containing the scores to all four movies, not necessarily that each individual soundtrack is comprehensive.

As for why KotCS wasn't "expanded," I'd guess it's because the previous three scores were originally released on LP, a format that could hold only about 45 minutes of music, while the fourth movie was originally released on CD, a format that can hold about 70 minutes of music. So the KotCS soundtrack release probably wasn't abridged to begin with, at least not to the same extent the originals were.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2008, 02:51 AM   #18
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Nice. I am totally getting this. I only own that highlights compilation CD that was released a few years ago (and then re-released for Indy 4). Granted, I already own the Indy 4 soundtrack, so hopefully these CDs will be released individually as well as a box set. Probably not, but I can hope. If worse comes to worse, I can e-bay my extra Indy 4 copy or give it to a friend.
Old September 5 2008, 04:46 PM   #19
Indysolo
Fleet Captain

I don't expect any of the scores on this to be complete. The complete score for Raiders runs about 83 minutes and the sequel scores are even longer. Also the re-use fees for the sequels (they were all recorded in Los Angeles) will be very expensive. Raiders was recorded in London where the pay structure is different.

It'll be nice that this music is back in print, but I'm not expecting a comprehensive collection like Superman - The Music.

Neil
Old September 9 2008, 10:41 AM   #20
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Some more info stating that the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade scores will indeed be expanded.
Old September 10 2008, 05:20 AM   #21
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ I like how that article indicates that the expanded CDs may be released individually later on.

**Patiently waits**