RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,449
Members: 25,787
Currently online: 514
Newest member: Freezy

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 15 2008, 08:20 AM   #2536
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: The Night Crew

Meh, it could have been worse. I was only there for about an hour, so it's no big loss.

I bought a ham! I think I'm going to cook it.
Old October 15 2008, 08:33 AM   #2537
ria 75
Fleet Captain

Location: The other side of the frog pond ----------------- Avatar by Wicca who Wonta

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
my quote was from the animated Transformers movie, which I've been randomly quoting a lot these last few pages...

Megatron? Is that you?
Well I had no way of knowing it. But Transformers is supposed to be good. I'll see it some day.

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Apparently, for North Americans, Hallowe'en is a month long thing which is why some of our regular posters have 'scary' alternate usernames this month.
It confused me a little at first because I joined in late September and didn't know people's usual names.
But I once had an American boyfriend who loved Hallowe'en and would make up his face any day of October. So I know what a popular holiday it is.

I have no idea what Philo and Otis refers to, though. A Google search asks me if I meant "Milo and Otis" and the first match for "Philo and Otis" is this thread!
Good choice, then. I did the same. I think it's his usual name.

TheBurgerKing wrote: View Post
i need to see a doctor to get my sleep cycles fixed
I just fixed mine by staying awake for 2 days after a 3 hour night and finally going to bed at the proper hour. I even managed to wake up early in the morning.

Last edited by ria 75; October 15 2008 at 09:24 AM.
ria 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2008, 08:54 AM   #2538
ria 75
Fleet Captain

Location: The other side of the frog pond ----------------- Avatar by Wicca who Wonta

HoldFaust wrote: View Post
Dudes - we're being pretty loose with the general rules of Misc allowing a chat type thread in here. They're usually lounge stuff
Don't abuse the laxity by using it for spam in the middle of the day.
Are there non-rank restrictive lounge threads?

Ouch. Double post. I was on another page and thought there would have been posting in the interval.
Old October 15 2008, 08:56 AM   #2539
RoJoHen
Awesome

No. All the lounges are assigned by rank (and apparently the length of your membership now).
Old October 15 2008, 09:15 AM   #2540
ria 75
Fleet Captain

Well why can't there be a day chat thread then? Not to mention that day and night are reversed for us who are on other continents.
Old October 15 2008, 09:17 AM   #2541
Hermiod
Admiral

RoJoHellraiser wrote: View Post
No. All the lounges are assigned by rank (and apparently the length of your membership now).
Despite their names, the lounges now have nothing to do with your rank but your level instead.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2008, 09:26 AM   #2542
RoJoHen
Awesome

ria75 wrote: View Post
Well why can't there be a day chat thread then? Not to mention that day and night are reversed for us who are on other continents.
The day crew gets the whole forum. Since there is very little activity here at "night," we've been allowed to keep this thread going. Believe me, we've been over this ground before.
Old October 15 2008, 09:51 AM   #2543
captcalhoun
Admiral

SILENCE! or you will be held in contempt of this court!
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2008, 09:52 AM   #2544
RoJoHen
Awesome

Despite their names, the lounges now have nothing to do with your rank but your level instead.
Well, it technically has to do with both, because I've been here 9 years and am still only in the Vice Admiral's Lounge.

They claim it "fixed a problem" that came with vB, but I don't understand what that means, nor do I understand how the length of time a person has been here is relevant. Membership time shouldn't even be a factor.
Old October 15 2008, 10:14 AM   #2545
Skywalker
Admiral

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
SILENCE! or you will be held in contempt of this court!
I have nothing but contempt for this court!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2008, 10:51 AM   #2546
Hermiod
Admiral

Well, it technically has to do with both, because I've been here 9 years and am still only in the Vice Admiral's Lounge.

They claim it "fixed a problem" that came with vB, but I don't understand what that means, nor do I understand how the length of time a person has been here is relevant. Membership time shouldn't even be a factor.
It has been explained to me that your rank (as in your user title) is based purely on post count.

Your privileges are associated with your level. Your privileges include which lounge you have access to, your use of the search bar, how many people you can PM at one time etc.

I've suggested that they be renamed to remove any references rank to clear up any confusion.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 04:18 AM   #2547
ria 75
Fleet Captain

It's still not perfectly clear to me what 'level' means.
And I find the Red Shirt Lounge more dead than the whole board at the deadest of night. The past couple of hours I've checked out a bunch of miscellaneous threads and I agree that most are rather congenial. But it's not like this one. Each one of them has a theme.

Er... what's vB ?

Anyway, boys (and girl(s)), come to mama. It's the night time again.

And I can't believe I'm still here. I woke for over 2 days, went to bed early, got up super early, did my James Bond job thing without dozing off too much, hoped I'd go to bed early again, but sadly, here I am still... I don't even have the excuse of the weekly Farscape all-nighter on sci fi: it's been over for 40 minutes. It's gotta be you guys.
Old October 16 2008, 04:20 AM   #2548
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy

vB: vBulletin. What this site runs.
Old October 16 2008, 05:09 AM   #2549
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

it sucks having bits of metal in my body
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2008, 05:09 AM   #2550
Aragorn
Admiral

You ever been driving behind someone who is going half the speed limit, so you know you're going to miss the green light that's right up ahead? But when the light turns yellow, slow driver suddenly floors it, leaving just you at the red?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote