Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 27 2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

The Incredible Hulk - DVD release October 21

Coming soon to a home theater near you.

From the Marvel Universe of the world's most popular Super Heroes comes the $234.6 million worldwide summer hit that fans have been waiting for as THE INCREDIBLE HULK blasts onto DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def from Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Marvel Studios on October 21, 2008. Filled with unstoppable action, spectacular visual effects, and non-stop thrills, THE INCREDIBLE HULK is directed by Louis Leterrier and features an all-star cast including Academy Award® nominees Edward Norton and Tim Roth, Liv Tyler and Academy Award® winner William Hurt. The visually spectacular, super-charged release will be available in three versions: a three-disc Special Edition DVD available for a limited time only; a two-disc Blu-ray release, offered in collectible 3D lenticular packaging for a limited time only; and a single-disc DVD edition.

Both the Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray releases include over two hours of bonus extras, including an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate opening and a digital copy of the film that is iPod, PC or MAC compatible. The two-disc Blu-ray set, offering the perfect picture and purest digital sound, will also include all-new, interactive features including My Chat, an innovative application that allows viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film for a fully immersive, exclusive experience.

The suspense-filled, action-packed story is the epic tale of Dr. Bruce Banner, whose life has been changed forever by a dose of gamma radiation that transforms him when provoked into the terrifying and powerful Hulk. Though pursued by military leaders intent on harnessing his unbelievable strength as a secret weapon, Banner must call upon the hero within himself to battle an equally powerful adversary, The Abomination.

The single-disc edition includes the film and deleted scenes. In addition to these components, both the Special Edition DVD and the Blu-ray Hi-Def release will include the following:
Click the link for the lenghty list of detailed extras.

Me I'm looking forward to the alterane opening sequence which the director hinted at having a Captain America reference. Along with the missing 20 or so minutes that Norton wanted. I doubt they will be referenced as such though.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: The Incredible Hulk - DVD release October 21

Oh, and here I thought this was going to be about the complete series set for the television series...

That being said, I'm looking forward to this release even though I wish the extra footage was restored to the film.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Nedersong
Captain

The Bixby series has already been released. I saw it in Wall-Mart last year.
Nedersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 05:47 PM   #4
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Cool!!

Does anybody know if they're still not planning on doing a sequel?
Old August 27 2008, 06:31 PM   #5
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Nice cover design.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Nedersong wrote: View Post
The Bixby series has already been released. I saw it in Wall-Mart last year.
The four seasons are. I was referring to the complete series set.

Old August 27 2008, 06:54 PM   #7
Mr Light
Admiral

Please tell me the Captain America scene in the single disc version

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 07:48 PM   #8
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I'm not terribly enamored of the cover art, but I liked the movie well enough and will probably pick up the 3 disk edition.
Old August 27 2008, 08:00 PM   #9
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive

I think the beginning will be the scene from the novelisation where
Old August 27 2008, 08:03 PM   #10
ClayinCA
Commodore

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I'm not terribly enamored of the cover art, but I liked the movie well enough and will probably pick up the 3 disk edition.
Yeah, I actually kind of hate the cover art. I wish they'd have gone with the moster image that shows Norton/Banner facing the camera, eyes downcast, with the enormous silhouette of the Hulk standing behind him. Great poster, and it would've made a great DVD cover.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 08:32 PM   #11
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Yeah, I actually kind of hate the cover art. I wish they'd have gone with the moster image that shows Norton/Banner facing the camera, eyes downcast, with the enormous silhouette of the Hulk standing behind him. Great poster, and it would've made a great DVD cover.
Agreed. That was a great poster and a lovely allusion to the television series. But I guess they had to go with the action shot!

Old August 27 2008, 08:39 PM   #12
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, that would have been better.
Old August 27 2008, 09:17 PM   #13
ClayinCA
Commodore

Emh wrote: View Post
Agreed. That was a great poster and a lovely allusion to the television series. But I guess they had to go with the action shot!
LOL. Well, there are enough custom DVD cover sites around the 'net that I should be able to find one somewhere that makes use of the movie poster...
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2008, 09:49 PM   #14
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Of course, knowing our luck, the poster that we all like will be the cover for the one-disk version.
Old August 27 2008, 10:15 PM   #15
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Of course, knowing our luck, the poster that we all like will be the cover for the one-disk version.
Yeah, like with Batman Begins.