RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,705
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 469
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 22 2008, 09:35 PM   #46
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman: The Reboot --- Its offcial

So, plans for four DC films over the next three years, with announcement of their plans to come in a month (if things stay on track). Fingers crossed for Green Lantern to get the go-ahead!
Old August 22 2008, 09:41 PM   #47
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post
*sigh*

And once again Warners proves they don't have a fucking clue. The Dark Knight was dark because Batman works great dark. Superman doesn't - never has and never will. Neither does Wonder Woman. Or for that matter most of the DC characters.
QFT.
Old August 22 2008, 09:41 PM   #48
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

If done right I think a Green Lantern film could be an Iron Man type hit.
Old August 22 2008, 09:44 PM   #49
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
So, plans for four DC films over the next three years, with announcement of their plans to come in a month (if things stay on track). Fingers crossed for Green Lantern to get the go-ahead!
I believe the article mentioned four tentpole pictures over the next three years, two of them being the third Batman movie and the Superman film, and then two others. The article then said that WB plans to also actively develop Green Lantern, The Flash, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman.

I wonder what the two other DC films are, besides Batman and Superman, unless those are either GL, The Flash, Green Arrow or Wonder Woman. I do hope one of them is Green Lantern. I can't tell you how long I've waited to see a big-screen version of that character.
Old August 22 2008, 09:51 PM   #50
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
I believe the article mentioned four tentpole pictures over the next three years, two of them being the third Batman movie and the Superman film, and then two others. The article then said that WB plans to also actively develop Green Lantern, The Flash, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman.

I wonder what the two other DC films are, besides Batman and Superman, unless those are either GL, The Flash, Green Arrow or Wonder Woman. I do hope one of them is Green Lantern. I can't tell you how long I've waited to see a big-screen version of that character.
Here's the bit that I was referring to:

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development.
I sure hope Green Lantern is one of the other two and that the announcement comes a month from now.
Old August 22 2008, 10:07 PM   #51
nx1701g
Admiral

Eh could be worse.
Old August 22 2008, 10:22 PM   #52
Galactus
Rear Admiral

I so hope this is true. That is all for now. I have so much more to say later.
Old August 22 2008, 10:25 PM   #53
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Aquaman starring Vincent Chase should be one of those movies.
Old August 22 2008, 10:28 PM   #54
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

2 hours of Mandy Moore in a bikini?

Cleaning up the theater after one of those screenings would be slippery to say the least.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 10:50 PM   #55
Hicks
Captain

Put me down as in "wait and see mode" if they do reboot the franchise.

I, for one, liked Superman Returns, and while I think it's definitely a B and not an A, I suspected heavily that the eventual sequel would be to Returns what X2 was to X-Men. In other words, one of the best superhero movies of all time. But sadly, that appears to be dead now.

It reminds me a little of how I felt when Singer left X-Men 3 to do Returns in the first place. I was disappointed in X-Men 3.

But since this is a reboot and not a sequel, it's a wild card, thus my "wait and see" mentality.

Still, I can't help feeling Singer's sequel could have been awesome. Oh well.......
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 11:07 PM   #56
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
From the director of Seven and Fight Club...
Actually, IIRC, the writer of those movies was the one attached to the Batman vs. Superman movie that Wolfgang Petersen was going to direct.

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Alas, I have a sinking feeling that we're going to see Superman get stuck in another 2 decades of development hell unless they start talking to Singer again.
Perhaps. But I have faith as they look at The Dark Knight's returns then its inevitable monster DVD sales, that pure greed will move this new Superman movie briskly along.
I dunno. I mean, you'd have thought the same thing from the monster successes that Warner Bros. had with Batman & Batman Forever in 1989 & '95.
Old August 22 2008, 11:09 PM   #57
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Well, I've been hearing from some "sources" that this will be a complete reboot, which means no Bryan Singer, no Brandon Routh, and pretty much none of the cast or themes from Superman Returns.

Also, WB is apparently targeting a 2011 release date.
Old August 22 2008, 11:11 PM   #58
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
From the director of Seven and Fight Club...
Actually, IIRC, the writer of those movies was the one attached to the Batman vs. Superman movie that Wolfgang Petersen was going to direct.

TheArsenal wrote: View Post
Alas, I have a sinking feeling that we're going to see Superman get stuck in another 2 decades of development hell unless they start talking to Singer again.
Perhaps. But I have faith as they look at The Dark Knight's returns then its inevitable monster DVD sales, that pure greed will move this new Superman movie briskly along.
I dunno. I mean, you'd have thought the same thing from the monster successes that Warner Bros. had with Batman & Batman Forever in 1989 & '95.
Good point. But the overall climate would seem to be more favorable to superhero films now. There are now several out there, and bit more variety, that haven been proven to be very profitable.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 11:17 PM   #59
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

They tried. They really, really tried.

Nick Cage and Polar bears for fraks sake.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2008, 11:25 PM   #60
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
They tried. They really, really tried.

Nick Cage and Polar bears for fraks sake.

here comes the suit in a can! and turtle friend for Lara
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote