New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 11 2008, 07:48 AM   #91
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: XXIX Olympic games coverage

What is it with Phelps rolling down his suit obscenely low? Methinks Mr. Phelps likes to show off what he's got to the ladies.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 07:51 AM   #92
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

^ I'm just watching the diving. His suit's no lower than their swimming trunks. I like.

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 07:57 AM   #93
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I don't know about that. It looks like little Michael is about to make an appearance out of that suit. If the FCC went wild over a millisecond of Janet Jackson's tit, imagine what kind of sanctions Michael Phelp's periscope would bring?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 08:49 AM   #94
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

What are you talking about. Michael Phelps is god. He can do no wrong. If his dinkle shows, I say we give him another gold medal.

P.S. Michael Phelps Michael Phelps Michael Phelps.

This is the extent of NBC coverage. They talk about him even when I'm watching gymnastics!
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 09:51 AM   #95
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

You know what I really hate about the olympic coverage. Not only is it delayed out here on the west, but they have really spotlighted watching the games online and there is only one problem with that. THEY POST SPOILERS BEFORE IT AIRS. Who was the douchebag that thought this up. You get so much stuff with the olympics this year, and if you live in one of the most major market states, it's pretty much all irrelevent. This is 2008 and the fact that NBC are still living in the dark ages is pathetic.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 02:30 AM   #96
Brolan
Commodore

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post
The Americans? We’re going to smash them. That’s what we came here for. --French swimmer Alain Bernard, anchor on the men's 4x100 freestyle relay

(And yeah, it was Bernard who lost the race for the French.)

Keep talking trash, Frenchies. Who's getting smashed now?! LOL!!!! Love it!
That's the reason I watch the Olympics, just for races like that. The fact we beat the trash-talking Frenchies was just icing on the cake.
Old August 12 2008, 02:33 AM   #97
Brolan
Commodore

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
You know what I really hate about the olympic coverage. Not only is it delayed out here on the west, but they have really spotlighted watching the games online and there is only one problem with that. THEY POST SPOILERS BEFORE IT AIRS. Who was the douchebag that thought this up. You get so much stuff with the olympics this year, and if you live in one of the most major market states, it's pretty much all irrelevent. This is 2008 and the fact that NBC are still living in the dark ages is pathetic.

You are right. In this wired 24/7 world this type of tape-delayed coverage has gone beyond ridiculous to embarrassing.
Old August 12 2008, 03:30 AM   #98
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post

Every time I see that HD replay of him going berserk at the win makes me to work out and get a body like that
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 06:51 AM   #99
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
What is it with Phelps rolling down his suit obscenely low? Methinks Mr. Phelps likes to show off what he's got to the ladies.
Hey, I don't mind. (And not just the ladies!)
Old August 12 2008, 07:17 AM   #100
Professor Moriarty
Vice Admiral

View Professor Moriarty's Twitter Profile

Drone36929 wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Hey, I don't mind. (And not just the ladies!)
Psst... me either. (Although I'd rather see my secret boyfriend Ryan Lochte in a similar pose. He may have won the bronze in the 400 IM, but he gets a gold medal in the all-around cuteness competition. What a hunk. )
Old August 12 2008, 07:19 AM   #101
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I feel like I should say something... but then I remember the signature that I haven't changed since the Turin olympics.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 07:46 AM   #102
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
I feel like I should say something... but then I remember the signature that I haven't changed since the Turin olympics.
Yeah you've had that signature for a while. I was actually thinking about it after watching Fencing this weekend. Jacobson, Ward, and Zagunis are hot too, even though they aren't sisters, unfortunately.

Last edited by SJSharksfan39; August 12 2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old August 12 2008, 07:50 AM   #103
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Very cute ladies...I'd fence 'em anytime.
Old August 12 2008, 07:53 AM   #104
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Hot fencing sisters? Someone make this happen!

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2008, 05:57 AM   #105
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Tell me if this makes sense to anyone else

-NBC prided itself on showing live coverage of the Swimming and Gymnastics in Prime Time

-Those events ever since the olympics have started doesn't start until after 10:00 so you pretty much lose the defined prime time hour

-They didn't want to show this live coverage to the Western Time Zone because they were afraid that people wouldn't be watching because they are coming home from work

-Now if I do the math correctly, 10:00 in the east means 7:00 out west. That would mean that if the Swimming and Gymnastics were live on all coasts, than it really would be in primetime, and the Gymnastics part wouldn't end at late hours of the night when people go to bed early because they might need to get up early for work in the morning.

-So this means that NBC's so called primetime coverage really isn't prime time, and they are still screwing over millions of people by not showing stuff live during primetime

I just don't get it. I don't get why the ratings would be down starting the swimming at 10:00 at night (or 7:00) and then actually having live primetime coverage. I guess they need to do taped coverage of boring Diving, Beach Vollyball, and stupid stories about Pandas like they are doing tonight.

Oh and NBC is considering showing the Phelps 8th medal race live to everyone on Saturday even though they think it's a tough choice. Thanks a lot you corporate piles of scum.