RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,604
Posts: 5,425,179
Members: 24,805
Currently online: 531
Newest member: David Ellerman

TrekToday headlines

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 23 2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain
 
Nerdius Maximus's Avatar
 
Location: Oklahoma City
I saw Judas Priest last night

With Motorhead and Testament. By the middle of Motorhead's set, I was drunk off my ass. By the time Judas Priest came on, I was running around screeching the words to every song into a beer can like it was a microphone, just completely acting the fool, complete with full body headbanging and vigorous fist pumping. They have beer vendors walking around the venue all night, so you don't even have to miss any of the show to get another beer! Best. Show. Ever!
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Thrall
Commodore
 
Thrall's Avatar
 
Location: A Quesada Free Zone.
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

Saw them a few weeks ago when the kicked off their tour in KC. They were fucking great. One of the better shows I've seen.
__________________
"Spider-Man doesn't have fans. He has people who follow him. Like Jesus. Now I have fans! People who adore and worship every little thing I do or say. Like David Koresh. Or The Jonas Brothers."
Thrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain
 
Nerdius Maximus's Avatar
 
Location: Oklahoma City
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

Thrall wrote: View Post
Saw them a few weeks ago when the kicked off their tour in KC. They were fucking great. One of the better shows I've seen.
I've seen them before, but now my Priest memories won't be tainted by the presence of my ex-wife and her stupid ass sister! It's too bad I saw Pantera with her. Never get a chance to make that one up. But I did see Slayer again, so that's something.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 07:55 AM   #4
Thrall
Commodore
 
Thrall's Avatar
 
Location: A Quesada Free Zone.
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
Thrall wrote: View Post
Saw them a few weeks ago when the kicked off their tour in KC. They were fucking great. One of the better shows I've seen.
I've seen them before, but now my Priest memories won't be tainted by the presence of my ex-wife and her stupid ass sister! It's too bad I saw Pantera with her. Never get a chance to make that one up. But I did see Slayer again, so that's something.
I worship you. I would have loved to have seen that show.
__________________
"Spider-Man doesn't have fans. He has people who follow him. Like Jesus. Now I have fans! People who adore and worship every little thing I do or say. Like David Koresh. Or The Jonas Brothers."
Thrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 07:57 AM   #5
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain
 
Nerdius Maximus's Avatar
 
Location: Oklahoma City
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

Thrall wrote: View Post
Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
Thrall wrote: View Post
Saw them a few weeks ago when the kicked off their tour in KC. They were fucking great. One of the better shows I've seen.
I've seen them before, but now my Priest memories won't be tainted by the presence of my ex-wife and her stupid ass sister! It's too bad I saw Pantera with her. Never get a chance to make that one up. But I did see Slayer again, so that's something.
I worship you. I would have loved to have seen that show.
Which one? Pantera? Yeah, that was an awesome show. With Morbid Angel and Soulfly. Phil came out during MA's set and did a song with them.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 03:56 PM   #6
T'Baio
Admiral
 
T'Baio's Avatar
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
By the middle of Motorhead's set, I was drunk off my ass. By the time Judas Priest came on, I was running around screeching the words to every song into a beer can like it was a microphone, just completely acting the fool, complete with full body headbanging and vigorous fist pumping. They have beer vendors walking around the venue all night, so you don't even have to miss any of the show to get another beer!
So, you're annoying and obnoxious?

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
...my ex-wife...
Such a shocker.
__________________
Making my first feature film, Synchronicity
www.synchronicityfilm.ca
IndieGoGo
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain
 
Nerdius Maximus's Avatar
 
Location: Oklahoma City
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

T'Baio wrote: View Post
Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
By the middle of Motorhead's set, I was drunk off my ass. By the time Judas Priest came on, I was running around screeching the words to every song into a beer can like it was a microphone, just completely acting the fool, complete with full body headbanging and vigorous fist pumping. They have beer vendors walking around the venue all night, so you don't even have to miss any of the show to get another beer!
So, you're annoying and obnoxious?

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
...my ex-wife...
Such a shocker.
Fuck off, cocksucker.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 07:23 PM   #8
T'Baio
Admiral
 
T'Baio's Avatar
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
T'Baio wrote: View Post
So, you're annoying and obnoxious?
Fuck off, cocksucker.
So that's a yes.
__________________
Making my first feature film, Synchronicity
www.synchronicityfilm.ca
IndieGoGo
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 07:40 PM   #9
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain
 
Nerdius Maximus's Avatar
 
Location: Oklahoma City
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

T'Baio wrote: View Post
Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
T'Baio wrote: View Post
So, you're annoying and obnoxious?
Fuck off, cocksucker.
So that's a yes.
I know you're not supposed to feed the trolls, so I'm going to refrain from telling you to eat a dick...













...bitch.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2008, 09:10 PM   #10
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral
 
Chaos Descending's Avatar
 
Location: Grand Canyon State
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

In before the lock!!!!
__________________
"Romanes eunt domus"
- Brian
Chaos Descending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 09:27 AM   #11
voggmo
Commodore
 
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

It's in the chords man. Priest started in 68,( Halford & Glen joined later). Eddie Van Halen & then Yngwie & a whole host of shredders in their wake up to todays Dragonforce can all outplay Glen & KK, but as I say, it's in the rhythm, i.e. the chords.

I saw em front row in 81. Point of Entry tour. Skipped school that day to arrive early. A nite to remember. The gods came & conquered.
voggmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 10:36 AM   #12
R’cher
Fleet Captain
 
Location: That wretched hive of scum and villany
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

I've never been to a concert but Judas Priest is on my short list.

Anyone think that "One Shot at Glory" would make an awesome song to make a Klingon themed Youtube video to?
R’cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2008, 11:07 AM   #13
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain
 
Nerdius Maximus's Avatar
 
Location: Oklahoma City
Re: I saw Judas Priest last night

R’cher wrote: View Post
I've never been to a concert but Judas Priest is on my short list.

Anyone think that "One Shot at Glory" would make an awesome song to make a Klingon themed Youtube video to?
Sounds like an idea.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.