Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old August 20 2008, 01:05 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Star Trek News Bullets

• Paramount has launched a Myspace page for Star Trek XI which is located here. Downloads of the first set of four posters featuring Kirk, Spock, Uhura and Nero are available, either as IM/buddy icons, or as desktop wallpapers. The original trailer can also be seen here.

• Sci-Fi Wire reports that for a mere two grand, a fan can own a full-sized replica of Captain Kirk's Enterprise chair. The chair swivels, has light-up controls and sound effects and includes short bits of dialogue from Star Trek. Diamond Select Toys will be offering the chair, possibly in 2009.

• Recently, Wil Wheaton discovered that roller skating as an adult isn't quite the same as doing it as a middle-schooler. As reported at his blog, WWdN: In Exile, Wheaton took a fall and ended up with several broken ribs and probable torn cartilage. After seeing the x-ray results, Wheaton asked the doctor, "So..do we have to put me down?"

• TrekWeb interviewed actress Sharon Savene, who plays Captain Theresa Faisal in the fan-produced Star Trek: The Helena Chronicles. Sharon is in her first season as the newly promoted Captain. "I am very happy with my first season as captain," she said. "It has been great filming the first three episodes of what I hope will be a long series.

• William Shatner participated in a personalized videotaped memorabilia signing with LiveAutographs.com last week as reported by TrekMovie.com. LiveAutographs.com offers a new type of autographing event, where in addition to having memorabilia signed, the celebrity makes a short personalized video greeting, approximately ten to twenty seconds in length. It is expected that Shatner will do this again in the future and other LiveAutographs events for other Star Trek actors are possible.

Old August 20 2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni
Re: Star Trek News Bullets

I hope Wheaton has a safe and full recovery. He must have taken quite the fall.
Old August 21 2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Pioneer
Captain

He has been Twittering about it all week. Check out: twitter.com/wilw
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)
Old August 21 2008, 02:51 PM   #4
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

yeah I really hope he takes it easy for a while . . .