Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 9 2008, 09:45 PM   #46
captcalhoun
Admiral

Re: Transformers 2

Blurr, Hot Rod, Wheeljack, yes. Hound? NO!

Hound should either be a long-base Land Rover or a military humvee
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2008, 10:19 PM   #47
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

No arcee apparently

Get your facts straight...the can am's are NOT Arcee, it's been said time and again. Here we go:

ote:
Transformers at Edwards with Hot Rod?

"Vamphite" at the Don Murphy forums provided the below three pictures that show the fleet of cars being used for Transformers that was taken at or near Edwards Air Force Base.

The pics show various NEST vehicles, Optimus Prime, [COLOR=DarkRed]the Spider Can-Am Spyders (that are not Arcee)[/COLOR], Ratchet, two copies of the green Chevy Beat, the red Chevy Trax, and the first clear shot of the new corvette that was spotted at Philly by Braden where the model was much debated. I am still sticking with 2009 Chevy Corvette ZR1. Thanks to Chris and Rich for the heads-up.

Also from Chris, a silver car has been mentioned around the base as possibily being Tracks or Wheeljack. Not sure if talking about the above Corvette or maybe the rumored Saab Aero X was spotted. Also Bay spoke about Hot Rod saying "He has to make Bumblebee all of a sudden less popular. Also needs to have a G1 personality with a modern day appearance." Does that mean Hot Rod is in the film? Or it could just be a comment thrown off to answer how the character would be handled if in the film. As always time will tell.

Update: Based on the comments I should add that the Hot Rod comment is the case of a person that overheard this being told to someone else. It is NOT confirmation that the character is in the movie. It could be false information or could just be a conversation about G1 characters and nothing more or Rod could actually be in the movie. Its all speculation until July 27th of next year.

In regards to the Corvette, I recieved an interesting email from a classic car fan, CRB, who noted the "vette is likely a reintroduction of the Stingray, first introduced in '63. The two cars pictured show styling cues from several years of stingrays, including the split rear window from '63 and the swooping, raised front fenders of the late sixties/early seventies models. Even the 'teeth' of the grill bring up images of early stingray concepts." I know next to nothing about cars but its an interesting theory and fits nicely with the rumored "Stinger" Autobot name for that vehicle. Debate and discuss in the comments below.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2008, 11:32 PM   #48
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

^As for the comments in the qouted article about the Corvette Cintennial Concept, it is NOT the new Corvette. It's a standalone concept. But yes, it's been hinted that the next generation of Corvetee will take design cues from the C3 Stingray. Which in my opinion is AWESOME!
Old August 9 2008, 11:53 PM   #49
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Glad to know that Soundwave will be in the film...will he still be a CD Player or an MP3 player like what was rumored for the first Transformers? I really want to see Skywarp if at all possible, this is probably unlikely but Starscream has to get some competent recruits doesn't he? Megatron staying dead would be nice, but it would also be really cool if he was somehow converted into Galvatron...although we would need some form of Unicron for that and I doubt we will see Unicron.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2008, 12:15 AM   #50
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

^Latest rumors indicate Megatron is back and as a tank. Still only rumors though.
Old August 10 2008, 06:10 AM   #51
Surefire
Captain

Soundwave may be a communications truck, with Laserbeak and Ravage being accessories on the truck.

There is also a Rumor that Rumble may be in the movie, possibly essentially a twin of Frenzy.

I hope the Corvette will be Wheeljack. Wheeljack should be an exotic high performance sports car, not a puddlejumper as the neon red and neon green cars are.
Old August 10 2008, 07:43 AM   #52
captcalhoun
Admiral

well, Total Film printed a call-sheet that listed 'Arcee rider #1' and 'Arcee rider #2' so I reckon she's in it and those trikes keep appearing...
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2008, 02:15 AM   #53
Surefire
Captain

There are some rumors that Shockwave may also be in the movie.
Old August 14 2008, 02:27 AM   #54
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Surefire wrote: View Post
I hope the Corvette will be Wheeljack. Wheeljack should be an exotic high performance sports car, not a puddlejumper as the neon red and neon green cars are.
I'm still hoping that Wheeljack is a Saab, as I heard a while ago.
ElimParra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2008, 01:29 PM   #55
Emher
Admiral

^Me too, it would kick so much ass to have a Saab Transformers
Old August 14 2008, 01:53 PM   #56
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

^ This is old news ... but??

Rumor has it that the SAAB Aero-X concept car might appear in the film as the alt mode for Wheeljack. It’s worth noting that SAAB is a subsidiary of General Motors who supplied most of the cars in the first film.

Source
There is also a picture of a cool Saab there too.
ElimParra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2008, 01:54 AM   #57
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

I hope that Corvette is trashed somewhere in this film. It's fucking terrible.

Glad to hear that my favorite Corvette is getting a comeback though!

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2009, 02:49 AM   #58
Surefire
Captain

Jetfire is apparently in the movie as a Decepticon at the start, then changes to Autobot. But differently than in the original G1
Old January 6 2009, 03:51 AM   #59
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

I really liked the first Transformers but I hope there a fewer human characters this time out and a larger focus on the Transformers. They're the reason I'm watching the movie in the first place. I'm okay with Shia having a big part and I wouldn't begrudge Megan one foxy moment of screentime but I don't think we need to spend as much time with Jon Voight and the military this time out. Maybe John Turturro, he was fun in the first one. Is Turturro coming back?

Last edited by Admiral James Kirk; January 6 2009 at 05:16 AM.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2009, 04:03 AM   #60
Aragorn
Admiral

Voight is out. Anderson and Taylor are also out. Turturro, Gibson and Duhamel are back.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote