Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old August 11 2008, 09:14 AM   #91
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Re: 2008 Olympics!

^ It was. The Americans ended up coming 5th. The Russians were 2nd until the last dive, where they had two poor dives, and Germany got the Silver, and the Australians missed out by less than 0.5 points.
ElimParra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 09:39 AM   #92
Cali
Admiral

View Cali's Twitter Profile

Gold and bronze for GB in the pool in the women's 400m freestyle! Fantastic race!

http://allinmykeyboard.wordpress.com/
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 12:16 PM   #93
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Aussie pin up girl Stephanie Rice won a gold medal in the 400-metre. Gold count the USA struggles because China and Korea lead the medals thanks to wins in Judo and Shooting. I expect Team USA to make a comeback and they already beat China in basketball 101-70,U.S. Women's Basketball Team gets ready for China now

warriorsfan wrote: View Post

Suck it, Frenchies! America rules! Go Phelps!
Amazing race, ok the French trash talked the USA but what an amazing competition. Phelps had it tight with the French, looked like he lost it but the team brought in the Gold!

got to be the best one i've ever seen

beat the world record lol.

Phelps owes Lezak big time
TheMasterOfOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 03:13 PM   #94
TheMasterOfOrion
Fleet Captain

Olympic Tennis holders Gonzalez and Massu crash out of doubles. Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic safely negotiated round one but Murray crashed.

USA Women's hoops crushes Chinese
108-63 victory

Cycling chief 'disgusted' at Spanish drugs in positive dope test
TheMasterOfOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 04:26 PM   #95
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
ElimParra wrote: View Post
So right now NBC is talking to George W. Bush and I just spoiled myself, accidently on something I really didn't want to spoil myself with.
Why can't NBC show it live, as in Western Australia (which is two hours behind the east coast here), and they get live coverage there. What else has NBC got on at the moment??
Oh, they show it live, only on the east and central coast. It's ridiculous.
Wow, that's ridiculous...ly stupid. For a moment I thought the reasoning would be so they could show the race during prime time, but the race happened at 8:30 PM west!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2008, 08:19 PM   #96
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

Emh wrote: View Post
ElimParra wrote: View Post

Why can't NBC show it live, as in Western Australia (which is two hours behind the east coast here), and they get live coverage there. What else has NBC got on at the moment??
Wow, that's ridiculous...ly stupid. For a moment I thought the reasoning would be so they could show the race during prime time, but the race happened at 8:30 PM west!
Yep. And the worst part was this was a sunday. The olympics pretty much start right when any typical football on Sunday Night and the damn excuse is people want to see the big events in prime time and not at 4 or 5 when they are coming home from work. That's all well and good, but the fact that they aren't giving a choice and saying "fuck you" to the people out here by posting results as they happen on thier website (Spoiling a third of thier audience), or showing the Live Logo when it's not live, and having it tape delayed on a Sunday Night is just wrong on so many levels.
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 02:25 AM   #97
Brolan
Commodore

Yep. And the worst part was this was a sunday. The olympics pretty much start right when any typical football on Sunday Night and the damn excuse is people want to see the big events in prime time and not at 4 or 5 when they are coming home from work. That's all well and good, but the fact that they aren't giving a choice and saying "fuck you" to the people out here by posting results as they happen on thier website (Spoiling a third of thier audience), or showing the Live Logo when it's not live, and having it tape delayed on a Sunday Night is just wrong on so many levels.
That's my complaint on a thread I started in TV & Media. The amazing thing is that each time they do the Olympics they are surprised that less and less people watch. Then they do exactly the same thing the next time expecting it to change.
Old August 12 2008, 03:20 AM   #98
Nobody
Blame me, I voted Obama

I don't like Michael Phelps. He could at least make being so dominant look hard. His endurance is incredible. Really, he pisses me off.

-nobody
Old August 12 2008, 03:27 AM   #99
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Yeah, he made that look way too easy.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 03:44 AM   #100
warriorsfan
Admiral

America just snapped up SIX medals in the span of like 20 minutes! Americans took Gold and Bronze in the Men's 200m, Gold and Bronze in the Women's 100m backstroke and Gold and Silver in the Men's 100m backstroke!

Three golds, a silver and two bronze! America pwns in swimming events!
warriorsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 03:47 AM   #101
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Too easy. He would probably beat Thorpe and Pieter van den Hoogenband also. His turns are incredible.
ElimParra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 04:05 AM   #102
FelizNavidad
Admiral

Brolan wrote: View Post
That's my complaint on a thread I started in TV & Media. The amazing thing is that each time they do the Olympics they are surprised that less and less people watch. Then they do exactly the same thing the next time expecting it to change.
I will say one nice thing about NBC. While watching the basketball game yesterday (Which wasn't live, so I couldn't flip to the Nascar race or any other ESPN because they give everything away ) and they brought back the greatest sports theme song ever, John Tesh's NBA on NBC theme. God did that bring back memories.
Old August 12 2008, 04:56 AM   #103
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

It'd be nice if MNF would put spoiler warnings for those of us on the West Coast.
Rat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2008, 05:01 AM   #104
FelizNavidad
Admiral

Rat Boy wrote: View Post
It'd be nice if MNF would put spoiler warnings for those of us on the West Coast.
Ah, but that is too much work of ESPN. If you don't want to know, than you might as well not watch ESPN for the next two weeks, or visit thier webpage, or yahoos webpage, or any other news source. They all don't care about us or this side of the country.
Old August 12 2008, 05:23 AM   #105
nevermore
Admiral

...they brought back the greatest sports theme song ever, John Tesh's NBA on NBC theme. God did that bring back memories.
NBC is using the Brisco County Jr. theme song in their promos. It's sort of making me want to pull out the DVDs...