Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 25 2008, 05:08 PM   #16
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

Re: Anyone else sick of Miley Cyrus?

Who?
Old July 25 2008, 05:25 PM   #17
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

blaXXer wrote: View Post
Who?
That was my reaction too. Until I read this thread I had no idea who played Hannah Montana.

She doesn't bother me at all, I hardly ever see anything related Hannah Montana.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2008, 06:10 PM   #18
Brolan
Commodore

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Miley Cyrus? No. Miley Cyrus is beautiful, talented and spirited young woman.

Hannah Montana? Yes. Hannah Montana is a manufactured product with Miley Cyrus cast in the part. A product manufactured by the worst sides of Disney. Hannah lacks - "talent" and is little more than a flash-in-the-pan pop star.

Miley is a good role model for children and teens as she is unlike many other teen stars we've had in the past (Lindsay Lohan and Britteny Spears I'm looking at you) and her independent work (well, her work without the stigma of Hannah Montana) shows she's got real talent. If/when she sloths off the "product" of HM she should have a bright future ahead of her in the music field and maybe even the acting field.

Trekker, will be there on November 23, 2010 - although she'll be legal in much of the US this year.
You don't think Britney Spears has some talent? I'm far from a Spears fan but I have to give her at least that much.
Brolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2008, 06:51 PM   #19
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Brolan wrote: View Post
Miley Cyrus? No. Miley Cyrus is beautiful, talented and spirited young woman.

Hannah Montana? Yes. Hannah Montana is a manufactured product with Miley Cyrus cast in the part. A product manufactured by the worst sides of Disney. Hannah lacks - "talent" and is little more than a flash-in-the-pan pop star.

Miley is a good role model for children and teens as she is unlike many other teen stars we've had in the past (Lindsay Lohan and Britteny Spears I'm looking at you) and her independent work (well, her work without the stigma of Hannah Montana) shows she's got real talent. If/when she sloths off the "product" of HM she should have a bright future ahead of her in the music field and maybe even the acting field.

Trekker, will be there on November 23, 2010 - although she'll be legal in much of the US this year.
You don't think Britney Spears has some talent? I'm far from a Spears fan but I have to give her at least that much.

Eh, she's got a bit of talent. But I think Miley has a lot more talent, of course it could be that Miley's music (again, we're talking about Miley here not HM) is a little closer to my style than Brit's fluff.
Old July 25 2008, 07:08 PM   #20
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

Kid's got gobs more talent than her redneck father, I'll give her that.

And I've liked the songs she's released. If she can keep a good head on her shoulders, she could have a decent pop career.

Her acting I'm still holding judgement on. All she's had a chance to do so far is the exaggerated buffon style "comedy" that Disney forces all of their child actors to use in their sitcoms. I hate seeing those poor kids have to slug through 40 minutes of that.

But having seen Christina Auillera deadpan Kim Cattral on SNL, I know these kids have hope once they cut the cords with Disney.
Old July 25 2008, 07:13 PM   #21
MikeGainer
too fat to fish

And we've come down to this, waiting for young girls to become legal so we can "finally" jerk off to her picture and not be called a creep.
MikeGainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2008, 07:14 PM   #22
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
Not really. I don't hear all that much about her. Maybe you should consider changing what you watch if she bugs you so much.
Yeah I just turn the station whenever celebrity gossip comes on. Listening to people go on and on about how much they hate a celebrity is still the same thing. So listening to some talk show just because they are hating on Paris Hilton or whoever just perpetuates all this.

As for Miley she's a cute kid and I love her voice (not singing just her speaking voice). Of course, I never see her for more than 1-2 minutes at a time max so that might help.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2008, 07:18 PM   #23
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

MikeGainer wrote: View Post
And we've come down to this, waiting for young girls to become legal so we can "finally" jerk off to her picture and not be called a creep.
I jerk off to her anyway as it is.

Ok, I really don't. But she's very cute. She's the type a girl I'd be chasing after when I was in high-school.

She's post-pubescent so it shouldn't be "too" creepy to find her attractive.
Old July 25 2008, 07:41 PM   #24
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

well, as a fashion doll collector I *am* sick of seeig her ugly ass plastic double cluttering the toy aisles...
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2008, 07:48 PM   #25
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral

View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner

MikeGainer wrote: View Post
I jerk off to her anyway as it is.
You're a man. It's okay.

I'm a little creeped out by her immense popularity, but eh, it could be worse.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2008, 11:09 PM   #26
JuanBolio
Admiral

She seems like a nice enough kid. I sheepishly admit that Hannah Montana can be mildly entertaining, in a Disney show kind of way. I wish her all the best, and hope that she avoids the pitfalls of fame and stardom.

This has been an official JuanBolio post. You are now stronger, smarter, and a better human being for having read it. Congratulations.
JuanBolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2008, 01:10 AM   #27
Mistral
Vice Admiral

JuanBolio wrote: View Post
She seems like a nice enough kid. I sheepishly admit that Hannah Montana can be mildly entertaining, in a Disney show kind of way. I wish her all the best, and hope that she avoids the pitfalls of fame and stardom.
Miley Cyrus seems like a good kid-but that little Hannah Montana girl is really annoying me-way too much market saturation. Gag me with a spoon.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2008, 02:08 AM   #28
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I was at the checkout at the grocery store earlier and saw an assortment of Hannah Montana sunglases with the gum and magazines. She's everywhere.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2008, 02:29 AM   #29
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
I wonder is someone has set up a countdown to her 18th birthday website like some did for Natalie Portman, the Olsen Twins and Hilary Duff already. It wouldn't surprise me if there's one out there now.
You had to ask. And I had to Google.

It's really rather a funny one if your speakers are on.

http://smittyselectric.com/miley/mil...downclock.html
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2008, 04:34 AM   #30
nx1701g
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I was at the checkout at the grocery store earlier and saw an assortment of Hannah Montana sunglases with the gum and magazines. She's everywhere.
You do have to give them credit. Whoever her marketing team is they're experts. The girl, according to Forbes, is worth $1 billion USD.

Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote