TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old July 23 2008, 09:05 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Blalock On 'Star Trek XI' Casting

Jolene Blalock is surprised by the absence of one of the Star Trek legends from Star Trek XI.

As reported by Femmefatales.com, Blalock will be appearing at ComicCon in San Diego this month and is looking forward to seeing her fans. "You know itís only the fourth convention Iíve ever done," she explained. "I do enjoy them but I don't get to do them very often. I'm looking forward to it because it's an experience to be in that room with all of the fans and just to see everyone come up with their special unique costumes. It's the sci-fi gay parade. You know, gay pride? But for sci-fi, sci-fi pride. Thatís what it is."

When asked about Star Trek XI, the absence of William Shatner was on the mind of the woman who played T'Pol on Star Trek: Enterprise. "Iím a little perturbed that William Shatner's not in it, but that's just me. If Leonard Nimoy is in it, shouldn't William Shatner be in it? But I havenít read the script. I'm just venting."

Fans are also venting when it comes to the recent poster released featuring Eric Bana, who, it was theorized, was playing the Romulan villain. The poster, however, showed a tattooed man who seemed to lack the pointed-ears of a Romulan. Was he a Romulan or not? According to Alex Kurtzman as posted at UGO, "Nero isn't necessarily a Romulan. It's all part of the plot."

To read more, head to the articles located here and here.

Old July 23 2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Augustus
Fleet Captain

Re: Blalock On 'Star Trek XI' Casting

not a romulan eh? maybe he is just part of a biker gang...
Old July 23 2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Hermiod
Admiral

If he's a clone of Captain Picard I'll sue.
Old July 23 2008, 09:50 PM   #4
T'Cal
Commodore

He's Chakotay's great-grandfather, hence the tattoo...

I gotta say that I never much cared for Blalock or her character. She made an uninformed judgement ("If Leonard Nimoy is in it, shouldn't William Shatner be in it? But I havenít read the script. I'm just venting.") that made her sound like the whiner I always thought she was.
Old July 23 2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Jim Steele
Vice Admiral

Fuck off Blalock, you whingy bitch.
Old July 23 2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Pioneer
Captain

T'Cal wrote: View Post
He's Chakotay's great-grandfather, hence the tattoo...

I gotta say that I never much cared for Blalock or her character. She made an uninformed judgement ("If Leonard Nimoy is in it, shouldn't William Shatner be in it? But I haven’t read the script. I'm just venting.") that made her sound like the whiner I always thought she was.
MisterGaribaldi wrote: View Post
Fuck off Blalock, you whingy bitch.
What's with all the Blalock bashing?
First, T'Pol was a great character and Jolene is super-hot , both in Enterprise and in Stargate SG-1 and also in the features she's done.

Second, how did you come up with Blalock being whiny? Since when?

Third, I agree that The Shat should have been in the movie. From every indication, this new flick needs all the help it can get and from a certain perspective, Captain Kirk is Star Trek and William Shatner is Captain Kirk.

Fourth, here in the U.S. we say "whiny" not "whingy". So, MisterGaribaldi, you had better be from the UK or you're just being pretentious.

Last, I smell a more than a little jealousy every time a hot property is mentioned in these posts. And I'm talking specifically about you girls out there. You know who you are.

P.S.
There ought to be a gender designation in the Profiles. It makes a huge difference when trying to interpret some of the comments made here.

P.P.S.
While I'm on the rant here, this site could use one of these:
<link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

The icon file could be the UGO Logo in icon form or a Starfleet Emblem or something.
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)
Old July 23 2008, 11:02 PM   #7
slappy
Commodore

She sounds like she's kissing up to fanboys again. Very message-board-ish sounding "opinion" from her. Since when is she all about Shatner?

Old July 23 2008, 11:24 PM   #8
Basil
Fleet Captain

I like Blalock, one of the few good things about that disaster called "Enterprise."

My bet is that Nero is a Klingon.
Old July 23 2008, 11:36 PM   #9
T'Baio
Admiral

My impression of the Nero poster is that it looks like his ears have been cut off. I'm gonna' make an educated guess and say that he himself cuts them off...probably because he's pissed off about reunification.
On Facebook
Old July 24 2008, 12:18 AM   #10
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

I thought for a second there, this her announcement about a cameo role... throwing us ENT fans a small morsel of acceptance at last. Sadly my excitement was dashed before the first paragraph was out.
Old July 24 2008, 12:44 AM   #11
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I thought this was about her complaining that Enterprise wasn't included, because T'Pol and Phlox at least would still be around... Oh, and Trip.

Comparing gay pride to scifi pride is odd, it's as if the word pride can't exist on it's own... I'm sure I can spin this into something about the KKK's white pride, but fuck it. besides all those gay pride costumes at the parades is about getting some action, or a illusion of action... People dressing up as Klingons would think were expecting the exact opposite?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Old July 24 2008, 12:56 AM   #12
Dale
Vice Admiral

Again with (the possibility that) the most savvy, cunning and intelligent villans in the Trek universe are being manipulated by some outsider?

Me no likee.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3
Old July 24 2008, 02:18 AM   #13
donners22
Commodore

People seem to take a few flippant, offhand comments very seriously...
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
Old July 24 2008, 02:36 AM   #14
JonathonWally
Admiral

View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally

I like her, seems like good people. Always like how she was a "Star Trek" fan while being an actress on the show. I'm sure she's excited about the movie from a fan's POV like the rest of us.
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
Old July 24 2008, 02:55 AM   #15
DarkHelmet
Admiral

View DarkHelmet's Twitter Profile

JonathonWally wrote: View Post
I like her, seems like good people. Always like how she was a "Star Trek" fan while being an actress on the show. I'm sure she's excited about the movie from a fan's POV like the rest of us.
Agreed - I just wish she was willing to do more 'cons. We've got a great one here.