RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,521
Posts: 5,512,179
Members: 25,138
Currently online: 483
Newest member: Tosty82

TrekToday headlines

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 18 2008, 01:20 AM   #211
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral
 
ElimParra's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Mother not allowing her son to see "The Dark Knight" in Australia

Originally Posted by Kotaku.com.au
I'm not sure what the mother was expecting - an M rated movie is hardly appropriate for an eight-year old - but what is apparent is that her understanding of classification symbols is vague at best. Shame there's no government initiative designed to educate her, isn't it?
Aragorn wrote: View Post
^ A government initiative to educate stupid people on the ratings system? How pathetic would such a suggestion even be? How "M" does she think her 8-year-old is?
The M rating here is classified as this:
There are no legal restrictions on the screening of films classified M. It should be remembered however, that films classified M are not recommended for people under 15 years as these contain content that is recommended for a mature audience.

Source

The mother is at blame here, the law here states that movie isn't for people who are just over 15. When I saw it yesterday, there were children in the cinema, who were 12 and younger, and them seem to enjoy, but the film was classified right here. There no need for a MA15+ or an R rating.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 01:36 AM   #212
Neroon
Mod of balance
 
Neroon's Avatar
 
Location: On my ship the Rocinante
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

I stumbled across this earlier today, and I have to agree that this is my favorite poster for the film. That is, if it's a legit creation. Heck, even if it's just fan art, I think it's pretty sharp.
Link
__________________
"The greatest tales are always over far too soon for those who truly appreciate them."
- Jef Murray
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 01:45 AM   #213
mr.peany
Fleet Captain
 
mr.peany's Avatar
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mr.peany
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

It is legit. It is, just like the movie, truly awesome.
__________________
Marge: "Oh no, how will the kids get home?"
Homer : "I dunno, internet?"
^Problem solving, Homer Simpson style.
http://unoland.myminicity.com/
mr.peany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 06:15 AM   #214
nx1701g
Admiral
 
nx1701g's Avatar
 
Location: Aboard the Executor...
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

ElimParra wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Mother not allowing her son to see "The Dark Knight" in Australia

Originally Posted by Kotaku.com.au
I'm not sure what the mother was expecting - an M rated movie is hardly appropriate for an eight-year old - but what is apparent is that her understanding of classification symbols is vague at best. Shame there's no government initiative designed to educate her, isn't it?
Aragorn wrote: View Post
^ A government initiative to educate stupid people on the ratings system? How pathetic would such a suggestion even be? How "M" does she think her 8-year-old is?
The M rating here is classified as this:
There are no legal restrictions on the screening of films classified M. It should be remembered however, that films classified M are not recommended for people under 15 years as these contain content that is recommended for a mature audience.

Source

The mother is at blame here, the law here states that movie isn't for people who are just over 15. When I saw it yesterday, there were children in the cinema, who were 12 and younger, and them seem to enjoy, but the film was classified right here. There no need for a MA15+ or an R rating.
I completely agree. I wondered though how long it would take for someone to start complaining that the film was too violent for little Johnny who is five. My brother went to see it at 12:01 and he called while in line and said that there were kids younger than ten in line at our local theatre to see it (I'm scheduled for a 3:00am showing).
__________________
Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 04:02 PM   #215
ParticleMan
Fleet Captain
 
ParticleMan's Avatar
 
Location: Zooland, NC
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

I'm going tonight at 10:00pm. Could those who have seen it indicate whether there is anything special after or during the credits? I hate to leave a movie during the credits just to learn that I missed something...Thanks!
ParticleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 04:05 PM   #216
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

ParticleMan wrote: View Post
I'm going tonight at 10:00pm. Could those who have seen it indicate whether there is anything special after or during the credits? I hate to leave a movie during the credits just to learn that I missed something...Thanks!
Nothing at the end.
Maxwell Lord doesn't show up post credits to talk to Bruce about putting a team together.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 04:05 PM   #217
Agent Richard07
Retired
 
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

ParticleMan wrote: View Post
I'm going tonight at 10:00pm. Could those who have seen it indicate whether there is anything special after or during the credits? I hate to leave a movie during the credits just to learn that I missed something...Thanks!
Brandon Routh has a cameo at the end as Clark Kent. He tells Bruce that he's putting together a team.









Not really. People who've seen the movie say there's nothing after the closing credits.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 04:12 PM   #218
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747
 
Ugly Sweater's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

There's indeed nothing after the credits.

Stay about half-way through them if you want to see Ledger's dedication, though.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Ugly Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 05:09 PM   #219
ParticleMan
Fleet Captain
 
ParticleMan's Avatar
 
Location: Zooland, NC
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

I'd love to see a scene with Christian Bale going to a support group meeting surrounded by Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Kevin Conroy could be there on speakerphone.
ParticleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 09:26 PM   #220
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

Holy shit, this movie already made $18.5 million. Just from midnight shows.

Damn.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 09:30 PM   #221
ParticleMan
Fleet Captain
 
ParticleMan's Avatar
 
Location: Zooland, NC
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

davejames wrote: View Post
Holy shit, this movie already made $18.5 million. Just from midnight shows.

Damn.
I think we can assume that the term "ass-load" is an appropriate way to describe the potential box office take of this film.
ParticleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 10:06 PM   #222
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

davejames wrote: View Post
Holy shit, this movie already made $18.5 million. Just from midnight shows.

Damn.
Yeah, I expect at least a $40m Friday total at the least.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 10:36 PM   #223
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer
 
Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

That's impossible. Movies never make any money anymore, due to piracy.

ARE THEY LYING TO US?!
__________________
"Love means never having to say you're ugly."
- Dr. Phibes
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 11:26 PM   #224
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
That's impossible. Movies never make any money anymore, due to piracy.

ARE THEY LYING TO US?!
And music file sharing hurts CD sales...oh, wait did Coldplay just set a record even though they gave songs away.

Argh!!!!!
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2008, 11:37 PM   #225
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: The Dark Knight Megathread (USE THIS! Love, the mods)

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Holy shit, this movie already made $18.5 million. Just from midnight shows.

Damn.
Yeah, I expect at least a $40m Friday total at the least.
I was surprised even the trainers at my gym were talking about going to midnight shows and these guys typically put on a (somewhat self-aware and knowing) anti-geek macho image in there.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
batman, the dark knight

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.