RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,073
Members: 26,070
Currently online: 607
Newest member: racehelbics

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old April 30 2015, 12:53 AM   #1
Atolm
Lieutenant Commander

Heraklion-Class...

Enjoy mates:

Actual Size:
http://i57.tinypic.com/iogj8h.jpg
Atolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2015, 02:16 AM   #2
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

Re: Heraklion-Class...

Ooooh
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2015, 02:39 AM   #3
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Holy Dayum Snap! Wish this was Canon + made into a Model kit / Mini
Old April 30 2015, 02:53 AM   #4
Nightowl1701
Captain

Romulan War-era shuttlecarrier? Not a bad blend of the Daedalus and the Planet of the Titans Enterprise, though that front cockpit seems too obviously a 'Hit Me Here' spot. Or is that a weapons platform?
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2015, 05:30 AM   #5
Wingsley
Commodore

I'm trying to figure out the scale of this beastie.

The (supposed) docking port on the side of the front sphere suggests that this isn't a very big ship. But comparing that airlock with the thin pylons at the rear suggests those pylons are perhaps too thin for anything but EPS conduits.

Very interesting design, in any event.
Old April 30 2015, 06:24 AM   #6
aalenfae
Commander

Love it! Not usually a fan of the spherical primary hull ships, but this is excellent. Unique bridge design, too.

I just like everything about this.
aalenfae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2015, 07:28 AM   #7
reanimatedfish
Lieutenant Commander

View reanimatedfish's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to reanimatedfish

I logged in for the first time in a year to comment on this thing!

This is one of the most creative takes on the trailer-hitch style command section I've ever seen. The extended forward bride module just makes it.

The thicker, more robust neck not only dwarfs Daedalus class with its sensible mass, but tips out pretty much every klingon/romulan vessel an must starfleet vessels as well.

I feel like the engineering section could use something in the center to liven it up, but I have a feeling those are vtol shuttlebay doors?
Old April 30 2015, 02:20 PM   #8
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Love this design! Agreed with everyone else about the bridge, very cool looking detail! It's also amusing to notice that the plan view in silhouette would look very... Klingon.
Old April 30 2015, 07:56 PM   #9
Mage
Commodore

That is simply stunning!!
Old April 30 2015, 08:30 PM   #10
Santaman
Rear Admiral

Inventive design, very nice.
Old April 30 2015, 11:19 PM   #11
Atolm
Lieutenant Commander

Shawnster wrote: View Post
Ooooh
LOL...thanks
Kaiser wrote: View Post
Holy Dayum Snap! Wish this was Canon + made into a Model kit / Mini
Thanks mate!
Oh and ask Madman, he can take an order to make it for you with his nifty 3d printer .

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
Romulan War-era shuttlecarrier? Not a bad blend of the Daedalus and the Planet of the Titans Enterprise, though that front cockpit seems too obviously a 'Hit Me Here' spot. Or is that a weapons platform?
Thanks mate...This ship is Pre-Daedalus explorer about warp 3-4 at best. The cockpit is there just as a shuttle or aircraft have it in front...all trek ships outside of Borg and a few others have bridges that scream "hit me here"...so I'm not breaking any new ground here lol.

Wingsley wrote: View Post
I'm trying to figure out the scale of this beastie.

The (supposed) docking port on the side of the front sphere suggests that this isn't a very big ship. But comparing that airlock with the thin pylons at the rear suggests those pylons are perhaps too thin for anything but EPS conduits.

Very interesting design, in any event.
Yeap she's not very big at all..the lifting body fuselage has enough room for crawl space along a "ladder way" in Zero-G conditions to get to places, but after that its EVA repairs.

aalenfae wrote: View Post
Love it! Not usually a fan of the spherical primary hull ships, but this is excellent. Unique bridge design, too.

I just like everything about this.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I am glad you like her.

reanimatedfish wrote: View Post
I logged in for the first time in a year to comment on this thing!

This is one of the most creative takes on the trailer-hitch style command section I've ever seen. The extended forward bride module just makes it.

The thicker, more robust neck not only dwarfs Daedalus class with its sensible mass, but tips out prett'y much every klingon/romulan vessel an must starfleet vessels as well.

I feel like the engineering section could use something in the center to liven it up, but I have a feeling those are vtol shuttlebay doors?
Wow. After a year? Wow...thanks mate! The aft section does not have VTOL engines, but those are doors for cargo and engine replacement/upgrades. Along the dorsal you'll see hatches and "doors" for accessibility to systems. Also, if you notice on the "neck" section, there are a series of red "dashes"...Those are separation lines that allow the command section to be attached to different aft sections.

B.J. wrote: View Post
Love this design! Agreed with everyone else about the bridge, very cool looking detail! It's also amusing to notice that the plan view in silhouette would look very... Klingon.
Well yeah the silhouette, is very klink, but that was bound to happen with a shape like this...lol
Thanks Bro.

Mage wrote: View Post
That is simply stunning!!
Thanks mate!

Santaman wrote: View Post
Inventive design, very nice.
Thanks!
Old May 1 2015, 04:40 PM   #12
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Beautiful work as always, Atolm! Do you plan on making orthos of this old girl?

I could be wrong, but I see so many non-Trek influences in here (apart from the obvious Daedalus class and the Prototype Enterprise, making it a gratifyingly unique design. Here's what I see - tell me if I'm on the mark:
Old May 2 2015, 02:34 AM   #13
Atolm
Lieutenant Commander

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Beautiful work as always, Atolm! Do you plan on making orthos of this old girl?

I could be wrong, but I see so many non-Trek influences in here (apart from the obvious Daedalus class and the Prototype Enterprise, making it a gratifyingly unique design. Here's what I see - tell me if I'm on the mark:
Thanks mate!
I see what you do, but when I first designed her I just wanted to try an old Sphere-ship-headed vessel, with a lifting body. A proto or pre Daedalus if you will. something to put in a bit more NASA into the design...That's all. Sorry to disappoint, but none of those were my influences on her, other than maybe the space plane, but I was thinking more of the X-series lifting bodies, from back in the day.
Old May 2 2015, 02:22 PM   #14
Bernard Guignard
Captain

I would like to see Full orthos and a Section view on this puppy
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652
Bernard Guignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2015, 07:16 PM   #15
werdegast
Lieutenant

The Heraklion is a beautiful ship. It reminds me of the Searcher from the NBC Buck Rogers series.

http://jaythurman.deviantart.com/art...el-2-355391303
werdegast is offline   Reply With Quote