Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old September 11 2008, 06:18 PM   #226
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: An Idea For A Game/Project

Gryndl wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
At this point I doubt he is in fact 'on the job' since it has been several days without a peep, after several days before that without one. If it isn't up by tomorrow I would encourage Thomas to just go ahead and finish his.

Then apparently you must have missed the part where I said I was having net issues right after I committed to this project. I happen to work full time and wish I had more time to check in to see when my turn was, or I would have had my submission ready *long* before this....

So apologies... continue on without my submission I guess; apparently I missed deadline necause of being busy.. I look forward to reading the forthcoming pages.
Having a good reason to miss the deadline is still missing it. I'm not attacking or insulting you, I'm just a realist when it comes to these things (and probably a pessimist when it comes to new posters).

The best way to keep this project fun and all the artists keeping up on it is if it moves briskly, and right now it is moving decidedly un-briskly.

'My bad' if I came off as harsh or personally offensive, but I don't know you from Adam so I really had no reason to assume the best, especially after some of my other experiences with online projects like this. I do encourage you to get back in on it and hopefully post more around here.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2008, 06:54 PM   #227
ThomastheCat
Captain

View ThomastheCat's Twitter Profile

For what it's worth, I plan on starting this entry tonight and should have it up by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest
Old September 12 2008, 05:13 AM   #228
ThomastheCat
Captain

So I've got the script written for my next installment and it's come out to be pretty long (10+ panels.) Does anyone have an objection to an entry that's that long?.

I'm moving the story forward obviously, but I promise I'm not railroading the story, we're just at a point where there's a lot of transitional stuff to get through before I could end with something juicy.
Old September 12 2008, 07:18 AM   #229
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

As long as you can get it done, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Old September 12 2008, 07:46 AM   #230
Masao
Fleet Captain

ThomastheCat wrote: View Post
So I've got the script written for my next installment and it's come out to be pretty long (10+ panels.) Does anyone have an objection to an entry that's that long?.
Other than making the rest of us look like a bunch of lazy hacks? No objections from me!
Old September 12 2008, 08:51 AM   #231
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

I got bored this evening and did a little sketch. I really need to get a new wacom pen, mine is just about dead and it was like pulling teeth to get the lines on the screen to look anything like what I was drawing on the pad.

Old September 12 2008, 07:59 PM   #232
Redfern
Commodore

Hey, guys, if there's concern there's been too great a gap between postings, I can assemble a "humorous aside" one or two panel gag that should not interfere with or contradict the events as presented so far in the narrative. It would be this evening or in the morning before I can actually upload and link it, but it hopefully serve as an amusing buffer before the next official entry is presented.

Ptrope, you should know what I have in mind (since I posted it at DAZ). I'll retouch the work to comply with the terms of service.

Yays? Nays?

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2008, 08:38 PM   #233
M
Vice Admiral

Does anyone have an objection to an entry that's that long?
Not at all. I'm looking forward to it.

Venardhi wrote: View Post
I got bored this evening and did a little sketch.
Looks fantastic! And who else thinks she needs a name already?

Redfern wrote: View Post
Yays? Nays?
A definitive Yay from me!
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2008, 09:17 PM   #234
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

I gave her a name originally, but I figured I'd hold off on it a bit so we can have an emotional, charming or clever scene in the future where she finally reveals it. I also came very close to simply giving her an 'agent number'.
Old September 13 2008, 08:35 AM   #235
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral

Really been enjoying this project. All the participants have brought a great individual style that's been really interesting to watch. Great job!

WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2008, 05:11 PM   #236
PlanetMudd
Lieutenant

Y'know ... the more I think about it, the less I want to have another go at this.

Sorry guys, I'll pass.

Art of a Deviant: My gallery of D&D, Trek, whatever ...
PlanetMudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2008, 09:42 PM   #237
Koinek
Vice Admiral

Just wanted to respond to everyone here and say I thoroughly enjoy reading the new pages to comic. Please keep up the good work.
Old September 15 2008, 07:46 PM   #238
ThomastheCat
Captain

PlanetMudd wrote: View Post
Y'know ... the more I think about it, the less I want to have another go at this.

Sorry guys, I'll pass.

Bummer, your entry is probably my favorite. I hope you consider coming in again on another round!
Old September 16 2008, 06:00 AM   #239
ThomastheCat
Captain

As an update, I've finished the linework for my entry, though depending on how much time I have tomorrow night it might not be colored, but it will be posted.
Old September 16 2008, 02:06 PM   #240
M
Vice Admiral

WillsBabe wrote: View Post
Really been enjoying this project. All the participants have brought a great individual style that's been really interesting to watch. Great job!
Killer Koinek wrote: View Post
Just wanted to respond to everyone here and say I thoroughly enjoy reading the new pages to comic. Please keep up the good work.
Aww, thanks for your kind words. It's really appreciated.

PlanetMudd wrote: View Post

Sorry guys, I'll pass.
Bummer, your entry is probably my favorite. I hope you consider coming in again on another round!
Yeah, that's too bad. I too love your entry, PM.

By the way, Bill, didn't you want to post a humorous aside?
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote