Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old September 10 2009, 06:01 PM   #1
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

OT: My Terminal!

We are in the mists of a remodel for our airport terminal and as part of that process I am building a 3D model of what the terminal will look like when the project is completed.

This is being done in TurboCAD Deluxe 15

What do you think? Sorry about the Jpg artifacts, can't do much about that at this time.

Old September 10 2009, 07:11 PM   #2
judge alba
senior street judge

Re: OT: My Terminal!

looks nice.
i never knew you cloud do that in turbo cad. i was given turbo cad 12 but havent got round to playing with it yet i assume they are smilar just yours is the newer version?
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2009, 07:29 PM   #3
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Galactic Squirral wrote: View Post
looks nice.
i never knew you cloud do that in turbo cad. i was given turbo cad 12 but havent got round to playing with it yet i assume they are smilar just yours is the newer version?
I never had any version of turbo cad between 4LE and 15 so I can't speak as to older versions.
Old September 10 2009, 09:18 PM   #4
FrontLine
Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FrontLine

Looks good. I have a question though, why not do this in Revit? Im thinking of the BIM (building information modeling) ramifications. Or is that not a requirement?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

"Im happier than a tornado in a trailer park" - Tow Mater - Cars
FrontLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2009, 09:34 PM   #5
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

FrontLine wrote: View Post
Looks good. I have a question though, why not do this in Revit? Im thinking of the BIM (building information modeling) ramifications. Or is that not a requirement?

I do everything I do in TurboCAD, I can not say I have ever heared of Revit (i'll have to look into it). For what I am doing, an actual list of materials isn't required as I'm building this off the engineering drawings as the project is underway.

It is helping to determine what the actual color samples will look like together in a 3D environment rather than on my self.

So far, its looking good. I'll update the drawings is a little while.
Old September 10 2009, 10:02 PM   #6
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Updates using actual color samples and additions

Old September 11 2009, 02:25 AM   #7
FrontLine
Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FrontLine

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
FrontLine wrote: View Post

I do everything I do in TurboCAD, I can not say I have ever heared of Revit (i'll have to look into it). For what I am doing, an actual list of materials isn't required as I'm building this off the engineering drawings as the project is underway.

It is helping to determine what the actual color samples will look like together in a 3D environment rather than on my self.

So far, its looking good. I'll update the drawings is a little while.
Ok now I understand. I thought you were helping in the design of the terminal. Short of the long is that AutoCAD Architecture is dead, long live Revit (whom AutoDesk bought a few years ago). Revit is at the center of BIM. Its so much more than just about materials lists. It takes the static plans and makes the building a living breathing entity. Its amazing and Im still trying to wrap my head around it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

"Im happier than a tornado in a trailer park" - Tow Mater - Cars
FrontLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2009, 02:38 AM   #8
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Rivet looks really impressive, i can see there being many problems in its implementation. As airports we have GIS systems that track many of the things the BIM model does.

I for one don't use "blocks" often and have "bad" cad prtactises so the precise nature of the bim would cause problems with inventory counts, etc.

It looks like a great tool for those trained in the field though.