Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old June 11 2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Scout101
Admiral

Official TrekBBS Fantasy Football League!

Hey all,

It's early yet, but Yahoo has opened up its registration for Fantasy Football, so I've gone ahead and renewed our league. The AFC League has the following info:

League ID: 23254
Password: trek

Draft time is set to August 21st, 8pm EST for the time being, and I copied the settings from last year to start us off. Managers from last year should receive an email notification to sign up, but anyone else, feel free to jump in. I'd imagine that Sportzkid will be by shortly to restart the NFC division as well...

-Scout
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 02:33 PM   #2
TheLonelySquire
Vice Admiral

Re: Official TrekBBS Fantasy Football League!

Should be fun.
TheLonelySquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Scout101
Admiral

TheLonelySquire wrote: View Post
Should be fun.
You made quite the post about how you didn't want me to participate in your Football league, TLS. To be blunt, why would you want to participate in mine (given my apparent lack of knowledge of the sport, inability to take it seriously, etc)?

First dibs go to the managers from last year, anyway (who should have all received an email invitiation this morning).

And this league has a record going back to 2003 (for at least a few of the usual suspects), and it's always a good time. Except for the time I fucked up and forgot an obvious stat, but I got it fixed before the draft, so it's all good.

Edit: nevermind, my fuckup was in baseball, and somehow didn't check the RBI box
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old June 11 2008, 02:52 PM   #4
TheLonelySquire
Vice Admiral

If you don't want me in your league just let me know, or you can remove me yourself. I have no problem with it if you think the competition would be too much.
TheLonelySquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Occupy TNZ
I Can't Afford A Lobbyist

Team Dirtbag has officially joined.

DarkHelmet, get in on it you nancy boy!

TLS, hope you can make it in.
Old June 11 2008, 05:44 PM   #6
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

I'm looking forward to it, and am Team The Freak Parade... I've never played fantasy anything before, so this will be a new experience. What happens if we aren't sure we will be around draft night?

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 05:48 PM   #7
Occupy TNZ

You can go in to predraft ranking and rank your players according to what order you want to pick them - then the computer will pick for you according to who's availiable on your list.

Scout101, any rule changes or are we the same as last year?
Old June 11 2008, 05:54 PM   #8
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I wonder if I can win a week or two. Would be nice.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 06:15 PM   #9
Scout101
Admiral

Garak wrote: View Post
Welcome back, you Dirtbag! Wanna try and grab Lynch again this year? I hear he's having a good offseason!

DarkHelmet, get in on it you nancy boy!
Seconded. Otherwise, where will all the Tom Cruise mocking come from? That's a lot of effort I don't want to have to put in

TLS, hope you can make it in.
given that there's little love lost between the two of us, and what he thought about how I handle Fantasy Football (from the thread in TNZ), I've decided that it's probably better if he runs his league, and I run mine, and we keep it that way. That, and I just don't care to socialize with him. Better this way, as I don't need the agrivation, Fantasy Football is supposed to be fun. And there will be less bitching for the rest of you to have to deal with, so it's win-win, really.

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
What happens if we aren't sure we will be around draft night?
It'll auto-draft you a team based upon "best" available players, and which positions you don't have filled yet. If you aren't sure if you'll be there, make sure to tweak your auto-rankings a bit. You can remove guys you don't want to draft, or if there's a guy you really want, you can rank him higher. When it's your turn to draft, it'll just grab the best available guy on your list, up to the maximum per position.

Scout101, any rule changes or are we the same as last year?
So far, exactly the same as last year. It allows you to just copy the settings from the previous year, so I hit that button. I haven't even looked at them, to be honest, but things ran pretty smoothly last year, i think, so I don't anticipate any big changes unless there's either a good reason or a lot of complaints....

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I wonder if I can win a week or two. Would be nice.
Sorry, we didn't change THAT rule, either. Someone's gotta hold down the bottom of the rankings, otherwise we'd get topheavy with all of our big egos! I usually tend to do better in baseball than football, though, so may join you if things don't break right. Fantasy Football definitely seems to be a lot more "luck" oriented (game day decisions, key player gets injured in the 1st Q and doesn't come back, they just pass to the other WR all night, etc), so it's anyone's game, as long as you don't suck at drafting...
Old June 11 2008, 06:18 PM   #10
Occupy TNZ

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Welcome back, you Dirtbag! Wanna try and grab Lynch again this year? I hear he's having a good offseason!
Not if I can get Benson!

So far, exactly the same as last year. It allows you to just copy the settings from the previous year, so I hit that button. I haven't even looked at them, to be honest, but things ran pretty smoothly last year, i think, so I don't anticipate any big changes unless there's either a good reason or a lot of complaints....
Yeah it did run great last year, I had no problems with the stats or rules at all.
Old June 11 2008, 06:24 PM   #11
Scout101
Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Not if I can get Benson!
I think he's available. And you won't even have to make a shady trade Well, the way autodraft works, you still might have to, but no one will have a problem with it (unless you're trading Benson away...

Yeah it did run great last year, I had no problems with the stats or rules at all.
Yep, I've been running this one for a few years now, and with most of the same teams playing each year. Think we've got all the kinks worked out at this point. Will take a peek later, though, and always open to at least consider suggestions. As always, though, I reserve the right to veto suggestions and rule with an iron fist. And, of course, my punishments for cheating, laziness, or shady behavior will be both harsh and arbitrary
Old June 11 2008, 08:10 PM   #12
The Habs Fan
Commodore

I've joined the AFC after playing the NFC for the last 2 years. I've already won in the NFC, so now it's time to win in the AFC as well to be crowned TrekBBS Fantasy Football champion
The Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 09:45 PM   #13
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

I'm back as When Pegs Fly, so the rest of you will have to be content to fight it out for second place- First place is all mine!
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2008, 11:56 PM   #14
Adm. Bonz
Rear Admiral

I'm back to defend my title!
Adm. Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2008, 12:23 AM   #15
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

Are you going to add a section for the CFL also, or is this NFL only?

*Note: does not know wnough about the teams and/or players in either league to take part properly, in any event...*
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote