Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14 2008, 05:37 AM   #91
Snaploud
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
Anyone notice Tyrol laughing in the background. Has he gone through so much that it's all he can do now is just laugh at life? He had a similar reaction to being arrested earlier in the episode.
Yeah, he's been through so much (then again, who hasn't on this show), that he's just like "Fuck it. Priceless. Why not?"
His reaction was the best of all the cast-members/characters.
Old June 14 2008, 05:37 AM   #92
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

The family of that person who got airlocked has to be really pissed after they got to Earth!
Old June 14 2008, 05:38 AM   #93
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Another thing... Seeing most of the main characters, Colonial and Cylon alike standing on Earth smacked of "beam-down-to-the-planet-and-take-the-entire-senior-staff-with-you", which sounds like something Moore talks about avoiding, but I loved it anyway.
After 3 years do you think any of them could of resisted being on the first trip down to Earth?
Probably not, and I'm not gonna analyze it further. It was too cool a scene.

Reminds me of this. I always thought it would be cool to see an anime-style shot of the BSG gang like that, and we got it.

Old June 14 2008, 06:00 AM   #94
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Oh, you are right, it does sound like "You're the fifth" in that youtube clip, don't know why it sounded like he said "We" to me on my TV broadcast, heh, crazy
His voice sounds very distorted as well for some reason
Old June 14 2008, 06:01 AM   #95
Bad Atom
Commodore

View Bad Atom's Twitter Profile

I cried like a fucking baby at the end. What a show.
Old June 14 2008, 06:02 AM   #96
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!
Old June 14 2008, 06:04 AM   #97
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Well we're at it, I think Laura is torching the Scrolls of Pythia in that clip. Can the hiatus end already!

Sharr
Old June 14 2008, 06:05 AM   #98
SeerSGB
Admiral

Another thing... Seeing most of the main characters, Colonial and Cylon alike standing on Earth smacked of "beam-down-to-the-planet-and-take-the-entire-senior-staff-with-you", which sounds like something Moore talks about avoiding, but I loved it anyway.
After 3 years do you think any of them could of resisted being on the first trip down to Earth?
Probably not, and I'm not gonna analyze it further. It was too cool a scene.

Reminds me of this. I always thought it would be cool to see an anime-style shot of the BSG gang like that, and we got it.

Nah, we need to go "Macross" style and have the new human colonies built around the wreck of the Galactica*

As for the final moments...best...sci-fi...TV...ever. Just absolutely beautiful and very fitting. Yeah the ending was a down note, but I think that was the only way it really could have went. After all the show is about the struggle for survival, not merely surviving. I think the key to the revival of Earth is going to be in the blending of Cylons and Humans.

(* - I'm only half joking)
Old June 14 2008, 06:09 AM   #99
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Here's the official SciFi Channel description for the next episode which won't air until 2009...
Old June 14 2008, 06:15 AM   #100
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

David cgc wrote: View Post
Well, we didn't good look at the Temple of Aurora. Lee had opened it to the picture of the City of the Gods on Kobol with the Opera House in the middle, but he turned the page by the time Starbuck came over to see what he was looking at. And before anyone compliments me on my freaky-fast eyes, I had to watch that part twice since Sci-Fi's stream froze fifteen minutes in the first time I tried, and was looking extra close since I'd noticed he was looking at the Kobol drawing the first time.
Well, if we call the Statue of Liberty Aurora, then I guess it's also possible that they are standing on Ellis Island. I mean, think about it, the SoL could be, using their mythology, called Aurora and the Ellis Island facilities could sensibly be called "The Temple of Aurora."

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old June 14 2008, 06:28 AM   #101
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post

That doesn't make any sense. Tory was out there in the open with Three. If the Final Cylon was there, he/she would be right there with them.
Why doesn't one of the hostages being a final five make sense? At that point I doubt D'Anna considered her basestar to be part of the fleet.
We have no idea exactly how many people the Galactica had on the basestar (though we do know it was half of their pilots).
It doesn't make sense because Three knows who the Five are and would pull that person out of the group of hostages.

Besides, the way Three said "there are only Four in the fleet" says to me that she knows who everyone amongst the fleet are and that the Final Cylon is not among them.
Three also made it plain last week that all she has that makes her valuable is information. That, and that alone, is what is keeping her alive. If you ask me, she simply lied for the benefit of her audience. If she can keep them believing that there's one Cylon somewhere else, then they'll keep her alive. It doesn't matter where the final Cylon is, whether with Cavil and his crew, on her basestar, or on Galactica. All that matters is what the people she doesn't trust believe. Simply put, don't believe everything she says.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old June 14 2008, 06:30 AM   #102
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Above Average.

I figured with a title like "Revelations" we'd get a bunch of them but I guess not but it did have a few but there are still a ton of revelations yet to come

Who is the Final Cylon? What was the sound Starbuck heard? What happened to Earth? Where is the Final Cylon? Who activated the signal? Who created the skinjobs? What happened between the 7 and 5 and why do the Five have no memory of being a Cylon? When will the Ship of Lights show up? What is the purpose of all this? Who is HeadSix? What happened to Starbuck when she "died"? etc etc

I enjoyed the reaction from Adama to Tighe revealing he is a Cylon. The anguish was overwhelming and understandable. I also thought the final act was the episode's best collection of scenes seeing the fleet celebrating finding Earth to their crestfallen expressions seeing the devastated Earth.

This season finally takes off as it is comes to an end. It was all over the place this season. I don't dislike it as many seemed to but I certainly don't think it was as excellent as a lot of others do. I fall somewhere in the middle.

I didn't care for Baltar, I didn't care for the cult(still not sure where that is going if anywhere), I didn't care for Lampkin's return, I didn't care for the tedious Quorum scenes, I didn't care for the yawn-inducing Colonial politics centering around Apollo, the Cylons still aren't interesting adversaries but at least the writers added some interest with the civil war and the Five. D'Anna is still the most interesting Cylon so glad to see her back. Lucy Lawless does a good job with the character's portrayal. I especially love how she carries herself and her facial expressions. I also liked Natalie but she lacked the intriguing dimension D'Anna possesses and I'm still waiting and hoping Athena killing Natalie serves a greater purpose than just Athena spending a little while in the brig. Caprica was wasted this season. Zarek was a boring plot device. Cavil was wasted. Boomer was nothing more than someone who cast a deciding vote and was Cavil's lover-that whole thing came out of nowhere and was akward and felt it existed to explain why she went against her fellow models.

It also might have been interesting to develop a storyline with Tigh the Cylon in charge of the fleet but I've come to accept with shows like BSG with so much material and so many characters perhaps too many and only so much time in an hour that things don't always get to be explored like they might have in a more traditional serial drama.

If Lee fared well the least then Roslin fared the best with a great performance and the bulk of material. Her scenes with Bill or her scenes with Emily in "Faith" or her scenes with Baltar in "Hub".

The FX were as usual outstanding--the battles, the resurrection ships, the basestars as well as the resurrection hub and its destruction.

I'll be watching next season but I am not going to be frustrated with a long wait.
Old June 14 2008, 06:33 AM   #103
FreezeC77
Commodore

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Nah, we need to go "Macross" style and have the new human colonies built around the wreck of the Galactica*

(* - I'm only half joking)
I wouldn't be opposed to that Too bad Galactica can't transform like the SDF1 though.

There are some similarities between Macross and Galactica although since Macross was made I think 5 or 6 years after the original series it may have picked up some of it. But the events of the new Galactica share some things.

Humanity has been nearly wiped out by another race and factions of that race are now joined with humanity and may perhaps rebuild a destroyed Earth.
Old June 14 2008, 06:36 AM   #104
Immolatus
Captain

were to now? were r they gonna go? Mars? Back to kobol? what about the other cylons, we haven't seen the last of them.
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Old June 14 2008, 06:41 AM   #105
Adm. Bonz
Rear Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Oh, you are right, it does sound like "You're the fifth" in that youtube clip, don't know why it sounded like he said "We" to me on my TV broadcast, heh, crazy

It sounds like its chopped out of longer phrase/sentence.... I can see why you heard "we're".

I watched the scifi stream this afternoon, and then watched it again when I got home tonight, and it still amazed me. What a great ending. Excellent!

Best show ever!!