The Next Generation Shower Curtain
By: T'Bonz on May 1

Burton Part of Roots Reboot
By: T'Bonz on May 1

May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14 2008, 04:53 AM   #76
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post

Maybe the final Cylon was one of the humans on the basestar?
That doesn't make any sense. Tory was out there in the open with Three. If the Final Cylon was there, he/she would be right there with them.
Why doesn't one of the hostages being a final five make sense? At that point I doubt D'Anna considered her basestar to be part of the fleet.
We have no idea exactly how many people the Galactica had on the basestar (though we do know it was half of their pilots).
It doesn't make sense because Three knows who the Five are and would pull that person out of the group of hostages.

Besides, the way Three said "there are only Four in the fleet" says to me that she knows who everyone amongst the fleet are and that the Final Cylon is not among them.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 14 2008, 04:56 AM   #77
Swarles Barkley
Commodore

Definitely one of the best episodes of the series. Excellent.

Things I loved: Tigh's confession and near airlocking, Adama's breakdown. Just some absolutely stunning work by Hogan and Olmos. Adama's collapse was just so gut-wrenchingly real. It was awful to see the Old Man in that state, but totally realistic as to how he got there. Feeling betrayed by his oldest friend was just the final straw, and all the built-up pressures of years of being the backbone for all that remains of humanity were finally just too much. Wonderful work by Jamie Bamber in that scene as well as Apollo desperately tries to pull his father back from the brink.

Did anyone else think we might have heard a gunshot when Adama left Lee and Laura for those few minutes? I wasn't sure if he was ever coming back. It felt like forever.

Also thought Baltar once again had some great moments as he pleaded with Deanna, and when he thanked Roslin for "not murdering him". Just cannot say enough about this stellar cast. They really are all capable of totally blowing me away at any given moment.

I liked that Starbuck's magic Viper woke up and called to the Four...sort of a throwback to the music being "in the frakking ship". Hmmm...maybe it really was in the frakking ship! Hmmm...

Anyway...the ending. This was complicated for me. A month or two ago I quite accidentally came across a spoiler on another site regarding the ending of the first half of the season. At the time I dismissed it as just fan rumor mongering (after yelling at my computer for a few minutes for being so dense as to expose me to a potential huge spoiler), because the finale seemed so far in the future at that point. When I realized that the fleet was going to actually reach Earth (or at least what they know as/think is Earth), that damned spoiler popped back into my head, and sure enough it was exactly right, down to the detail of Adama picking up the handful of radioactive (?) soil. So it was sort of messed up for me and took me out of the moment. Not the fault of the show of course, my own fault for not being more careful about what I was reading back in March or whenever it was. Some beautiful FX work in those scenes of the fleet in orbit and the recon ships descending through the atmosphere. BSG's FX crew regularly produces some absolutely fantastic work that really gives such an amazing sense of kinetic energy. Nobody does atmospheric flight better than those guys.

I can't help but think this is not truly the end of the journey for humanity. 10 (12?) episodes remaining is simply too much time to spend simply on the "Who's the last Cylon" game. Perhaps they'll find a clue that leads them elsewhere, either on "Earth" or to another world. They seemed to go quite out of their way to obscure the land masses in the shots of Earth. All we really saw was lot's of beautiful blue ocean and clouds. Maybe that just means that their "Earth" is not the same planet as ours. Maybe not the same universe. (Hell, maybe it's that 20th century Rome Earth from "Bread and Circuses"!) But someone gave Starbuck that shiny new Viper with the super-sensitive receiver that picks up Colonial distress calls that no other ship can hear. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I just gotta think that there's still some pretty big stuff that we're going to see in the second half of the season. I sure as hell can't wait.

Again, awesome episode. I'd rate it super-duper-excellent but I think it's stuck at Excellent due to the shockingly complete lack of Doc Cottle.
Old June 14 2008, 04:59 AM   #78
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

That doesn't make any sense. Tory was out there in the open with Three. If the Final Cylon was there, he/she would be right there with them.
Why doesn't one of the hostages being a final five make sense? At that point I doubt D'Anna considered her basestar to be part of the fleet.
We have no idea exactly how many people the Galactica had on the basestar (though we do know it was half of their pilots).
It doesn't make sense because Three knows who the Five are and would pull that person out of the group of hostages.

Besides, the way Three said "there are only Four in the fleet" says to me that she knows who everyone amongst the fleet are and that the Final Cylon is not among them.
Maybe she did pull the final five out of the group when they were about to space everybody. It was pretty chaotic with the Centurions rounding up everyone and sending them towards an airlock, they could of separated someone from the herd.

It does seem like something D'Anna would do, she seems like the type who would keep an ace up her sleeve.

Or it could be someone who hasn't even been on the show yet. I guess we'll find out next year.

Old June 14 2008, 05:00 AM   #79
Swarles Barkley
Commodore

Brent wrote: View Post
I found a clue to the fifth:

At the end, in the brief clips for what's to come in the Final Revelation, a voice says "We are the fifth" WE are the fifth, hrmmmm, who is WE?
I have to watch that again!

"We are the fifth"? The fifth what? The Fifth Race? The Tau'ri are the Fifth Race! Maybe they're going to find a Stargate down there. OMG!

(Sorry...fanboy wank attack...)
Old June 14 2008, 05:06 AM   #80
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

Well I liked it so much I'm gonna see it again...why not?
Old June 14 2008, 05:10 AM   #81
Starwind
Fleet Captain

It occured to me not long ago that an idea they've "been kicking around since the end of the first season" doesn't Have to be someone we know. We all just assumed it was.
Old June 14 2008, 05:14 AM   #82
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Another thing... Seeing most of the main characters, Colonial and Cylon alike standing on Earth smacked of "beam-down-to-the-planet-and-take-the-entire-senior-staff-with-you", which sounds like something Moore talks about avoiding, but I loved it anyway.

Quo Vadimus wrote: View Post
Olmos and Hogan, oh man.
I do wish we could have actually seen Bill give the order for Saul to be arrested.
Old June 14 2008, 05:18 AM   #83
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

Originally Posted by Brent

At the end, in the brief clips for what's to come in the Final Revelation, a voice says "We are the fifth" WE are the fifth, hrmmmm, who is WE?
huh, I could almost swear that was Tigh saying: "you're the 5th?" to my ear he sounded rather surprised, which ah would be saying alot...

I'm sure it will end up on youtube soon enough.

Sharr
Old June 14 2008, 05:18 AM   #84
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Another thing... Seeing most of the main characters, Colonial and Cylon alike standing on Earth smacked of "beam-down-to-the-planet-and-take-the-entire-senior-staff-with-you", which sounds like something Moore talks about avoiding, but I loved it anyway.
After 3 years do you think any of them could of resisted being on the first trip down to Earth?

Old June 14 2008, 05:27 AM   #85
Snaploud
Admiral

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post

huh, I could almost swear that was Tigh saying: "you're the 5th?" to my ear he sounded rather surprised, which ah would be saying alot...

Sharr
Re-watching from my recording:

It was definitely "You're the fifth" not "We're the fifth." It didn't sound like a question, by the way. Astonishment, yes...but not a question.
Old June 14 2008, 05:27 AM   #86
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post

Sharr
It's already up.

Sounds like Tigh saying "You're the 5th?" to me.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 14 2008, 05:32 AM   #87
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Excellent.

I'll write a full review eventually but that was simply unbelievable. Amazing. Bradley, David and Ron hit it out of the fucking park tonight.

Olmos and Hogan were astonishingly excellent.

Also, did anyone else get excited when they heard the watchtower music?
Old June 14 2008, 05:34 AM   #88
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
Did anyone else think that they were standing in the ruins of the Temple of Aurora? Perhaps someone could provide screencaps for comparison.
Yes, I noticed they looked a LOT alike as well.
Old June 14 2008, 05:35 AM   #89
Snaploud
Admiral

zenophite wrote: View Post
Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
I don't think Moore would do something that cliched. Unless he was doing an homage to Planet of the Apes.
As soon as I heard the geiger counter and the bleak background I was actually repeating out loud "please not the statue of liberty" until the credits rolled.
Ditto
Old June 14 2008, 05:35 AM   #90
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Oh, you are right, it does sound like "You're the fifth" in that youtube clip, don't know why it sounded like he said "We" to me on my TV broadcast, heh, crazy

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us