RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,714
Members: 24,209
Currently online: 787
Newest member: Farside89

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14 2008, 04:19 AM   #61
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Wow. No shocks or surprises. A dead earth is exactly what I was expecting. I was hoping for something truly amazing. Didn't get it.

Voted average.
You don't think getting to Earth was a shock in itself? Theres still 10 (or 12?) episodes left, I totally didnt see that coming.
Old June 14 2008, 04:20 AM   #62
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I don't want to wait until 2009

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old June 14 2008, 04:20 AM   #63
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Wow...just wow. :O What an unbelieveable episode. I voted excellent.

They really ran the gaunlet episode. We see the emotional arrival to Earth, something we never got to see in the original BSG. Beautifully done scene and then we get the epilogue, devastation on Earth. No words but top-notch acting done by everyone. I think it was the look from Leoben that I liked the most. For once, the spiritual Cylon doesn't have the answer.

It may have been the end from Planet of the Apes but they couldn't have pulled it off any better. And if they are going the Planet of the Apes route, I say bring on the mutants!

Seriously though, a great half-season and January (or March or April) is too far to wait.
Old June 14 2008, 04:20 AM   #64
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

anti-matter wrote: View Post
Finally do we even care who the remaining Cylon is?
Yes, I care. I think it's very interesting that Three said that only Four were in the fleet. Where's the Final Cylon?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 14 2008, 04:21 AM   #65
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I did kind of feel though that the whole "We're at Earth montage" felt a bit 'fake' in a way, I half expected someone to wake up and say it was all a dream, a 'what if' dream, or a vision, seriously, it didn't quite feel real somehow.

Old June 14 2008, 04:22 AM   #66
Brent
Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Yes, I care. I think it's very interesting that Three said that only Four were in the fleet. Where's the Final Cylon?
And who made that frakking Viper and sent the signal! errr, I want answers!

Old June 14 2008, 04:24 AM   #67
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Two things I forgot to add:

I loved how Tori told Roslin (verbatim) "Perhaps you should consider what else you've been wrong about."

The shot of Kat after discovering Earth. I almost lost it again at that point.

Old June 14 2008, 04:24 AM   #68
Quo Vadimus
Vice Admiral

Holy Mother, that was intense!

I need to watch it again but, I am going to vote it 'Excellent.'

At least nobody got shot this time.

Olmos and Hogan, oh man. Tigh standing tall in the airlock and Adama on the floor crying. Give 'em both Emmy Awards. Incredible!

Lee Adama became a man today. He didn't whine, he just got things done.

I loved the little 'nod' Tyrol gave to Tigh as he stood alone in the airlock. It's the little things like that which make BSG so great. Bravo cast and crew, I await the back ten like the dog Baltar was blabbing about. Give the word, Ron. I want my treat NOW!
Old June 14 2008, 04:26 AM   #69
Teldune Arcania
Rear Admiral

Best episode of BSG yet.
Old June 14 2008, 04:27 AM   #70
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
I did kind of feel though that the whole "We're at Earth montage" felt a bit 'fake' in a way, I half expected someone to wake up and say it was all a dream, a 'what if' dream, or a vision, seriously, it didn't quite feel real somehow.
It did feel unusual... because it was. There's never been such an overt celebratory sequence on BSG, the only one that came close was the teaser for Pegasus. To be honest, I thought it was going to end with that.... and while I was happy for the characters, I was thinking.... nooo.... dont end on a happy note! I want a cliffhanger of DOOOM.... and then I got it... and kinda wished I kept my mouth shut. I suppose I should have expected nothing less than that final bleak vision of the future.
Old June 14 2008, 04:27 AM   #71
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Maybe the final Cylon was one of the humans on the basestar?

Old June 14 2008, 04:32 AM   #72
romulus
Fleet Captain

I wish they would of show the Statue of liberty that would have given me a good laugh. All that trouble to be "un-cliché" and then go over the top like that would have been awesome.

Seriously I was actually hoping for something obvious to place them on some Earth city, like a golden gate bridge, Eiffel Tower, that weird opera house in Sydney, something. I would have given it an exilent rating then.

Still a good episode but above average because there is still so many answered questions. Like some others, I too figured Earth would be a ruin and uninhabited. Was kind of obvious when they did not get a hail from Earth asking what the fuck they are doing there, when they first jumped to Earth orbit.

Another big question for me at least, other than the final cylon, is what is BSG humanity's relation to Earth? Is it the real home world or is some other place like the show seemed to suggest at the beginning and did they leave and/or forget about Earth for so long because of a nuclear holocaust or something like that?

I guess the rest of the cylons will find Earth eventually too so that will provide drama for the rest of the season along with the tension of the survivors getting along with the rebel cylons. Should be an interesting last part of the season.
Old June 14 2008, 04:41 AM   #73
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Quo Vadimus wrote: View Post
Lee Adama became a man today. He didn't whine, he just got things done.
Yeah, Lee kicked major ass tonight. I loved the scene with his dad during his breakdown.

Quo Vadimus wrote: View Post
I loved the little 'nod' Tyrol gave to Tigh as he stood alone in the airlock.
Yeah, that was an awesome little touch.

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Tory was out there in the open with Three. If the Final Cylon was there, he/she would be right there with them.

Old June 14 2008, 04:48 AM   #74
Brent
Admiral

I found a clue to the fifth:

At the end, in the brief clips for what's to come in the Final Revelation, a voice says "We are the fifth" WE are the fifth, hrmmmm, who is WE?

Old June 14 2008, 04:49 AM   #75
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
That doesn't make any sense. Tory was out there in the open with Three. If the Final Cylon was there, he/she would be right there with them.
Why doesn't one of the hostages being a final five make sense? At that point I doubt D'Anna considered her basestar to be part of the fleet.
We have no idea exactly how many people the Galactica had on the basestar (though we do know it was half of their pilots).