Retro Review: Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
By: Michelle on Jan 24

Urban in Aquaman?
By: T'Bonz on Jan 23

Pegg Co-writing Star Trek 3
By: T'Bonz on Jan 22

Stewart Narrated NASA Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14 2008, 04:00 AM   #46
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

I can't grade this right now, that final 5 minutes was such an emotional centrifuge I can't think straight. Elation... depression... the shock that they actually got to Earth already? I can't believe what I just saw.
Old June 14 2008, 04:01 AM   #47
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

So I guess we are in the future?

I bet the 12 colonies originated from Earth, as well as the 5 Cylons

I still wonder about the Viper though, where did it come from???????????? No one is there on EArth to have built it?

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old June 14 2008, 04:02 AM   #48
Twilight
Vice Admiral

An easy Excellent
Old June 14 2008, 04:02 AM   #49
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Yeah really, Excellent all around, I can't believe they actually put us at Earth mid-season! But I want to know what happened! And I want to know where the Viper came from!!!!

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old June 14 2008, 04:04 AM   #50
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Wow. No shocks or surprises. A dead earth is exactly what I was expecting. I was hoping for something truly amazing. Didn't get it.

Voted average.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old June 14 2008, 04:04 AM   #51
Spider
Dirty Old Man

Interesting. So, Sky-Net did win after all and they are all terminators, but just think they're cylons.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old June 14 2008, 04:06 AM   #52
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Absolutely bloody fucking fantastic.

Michael Hogan and Edward James Olmos are fucking GODS! Both Tigh's confession and Adama's subsequent breakdown had me in tears.

As for the rest of the episode, I'm still riding on the fumes, but it was intense from the very beginning to the very end. Lee's standoff with Three was particularly well down. For the briefest of moments, I was convinced he was going to space Tigh.

And they have found Earth. Lo and behold it's a desolate, cold, dead world. Not much of a surprise for me. Of course, it's devastating for them and I loved the final camera shot showing all of their reactions. Pure brilliance.

The lingering question is: What now?

One final thought: Did anyone else notice PETER LAIRD in the hangar deck?! That was awesome!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila

Last edited by Emh; June 14 2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old June 14 2008, 04:07 AM   #53
amdmiami
Commander

The best episode of this season so far. The suspense and tension was great and this was one of the few episodes that actually held my attention the whole way through this season. The ending though has to be the biggest clif hanger in the history of T.V. I think Earth went through some intense nuclear war that left all the people dead. 2009 is a damn long time to wait for a conclusion.
Old June 14 2008, 04:07 AM   #54
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
^^^

On the SCi-Fi board many people there are convinced they were on Ellis Island andwere looking at a destroyed New York skyline..
Possible, but I hope not. Why does almost every post-apocalyptic movie or TV show have to use the New York skyline? I would think Ron Moore would be a little more original than that.
It didn't look like New York to me, more like a colonial ruin.

As for the episode, I loved how they did a series-finale type fake out.
Old June 14 2008, 04:09 AM   #55
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
Oh and Tory has turned into a real bitch since she became aware that she was Cylon.
True... but I like her even more because of it.
Well, she does have more personality now for sure.

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
^^^

On the SCi-Fi board many people there are convinced they were on Ellis Island andwere looking at a destroyed New York skyline..
Possible, but I hope not. Why does almost every post-apocalyptic movie or TV show have to use the New York skyline? I would think Ron Moore would be a little more original than that.
I don't think Moore would do something that cliched. Unless he was doing an homage to Planet of the Apes.
To be honest (in a silly sense), that's exactly what I expected. Either that or a Monolith.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 14 2008, 04:10 AM   #56
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

Brent wrote: View Post
So I guess we are in the future?

I bet the 12 colonies originated from Earth, as well as the 5 Cylons

I still wonder about the Viper though, where did it come from???????????? No one is there on EArth to have built it?
I think the biggest question from the beginning hasn't been about Earth, but about who the hell head six represents. They're the ones who have been pulling the strings from the background the whole times.
Old June 14 2008, 04:11 AM   #57
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Yes, this is the easiest 'excellent' I've given.

Highlights include...

- The four Cylons getting outsed.

- Finding out that the last of the final five isn't in the fleet.

- Earth. The end of a journey. That whole scene was spectacular. It captured the spirit of Battlestar Galactica, and yes, that includes the original series. Lorne Greene would have been proud.
Old June 14 2008, 04:14 AM   #58
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Show's over.

Really, anything after this is AFTERMASH.

I thought Lee was gonna keep taking clothes off during the celebration.

Hopefully Dr. Zee will explain what happened to Earth. Break out the flying motorcycles!
Old June 14 2008, 04:15 AM   #59
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

What a great episode. It would of even worked as a series finale (as long as they threw in who the final Cylon was, which I'm sure they would of if it was the finale), though I'm glad we're going to get another 12 episodes to solve the final Cylon issue, what they're going to do next, and who fixed up Kara's Viper.

Old June 14 2008, 04:18 AM   #60
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

I just really appreciated how that hasty alliance was put together for one thing. For another did any one else feel that Tori was being characteristically ... 'a bitch'? and for what reason?

Finally do we even care who the remaining Cylon is? All in all just about the best show ever.