Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 13 2008, 03:58 PM   #16
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

That was awesome and makes me wonder where does this leave them all now? You get the sense as they stand there Cylon and human alike reevaluates all they think they know.

Hmm and the "pare offs" in the last shot - I notice Caprica-Six stood with Saul, Tory with Anders.

This is also the first time its been stated outright that that some... force is pulling the strings.

Sharr
Old June 13 2008, 05:16 PM   #17
Magisterfrodo
Vice Admiral

Did anyone else think that they were standing in the ruins of the Temple of Aurora? Perhaps someone could provide screencaps for comparison.
Old June 13 2008, 05:42 PM   #18
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Well, we didn't good look at the Temple of Aurora. Lee had opened it to the picture of the City of the Gods on Kobol with the Opera House in the middle, but he turned the page by the time Starbuck came over to see what he was looking at. And before anyone compliments me on my freaky-fast eyes, I had to watch that part twice since Sci-Fi's stream froze fifteen minutes in the first time I tried, and was looking extra close since I'd noticed he was looking at the Kobol drawing the first time.
Old June 13 2008, 05:47 PM   #19
Magisterfrodo
Vice Admiral

Good catch. I knew it looked similar, but I thought he was looking at a picture of the Temple of Aurora. In the ruins, there seemed to be several obvious dome-type pieces that reminded me of the image.
Old June 13 2008, 05:53 PM   #20
The Super Brando
Lieutenant Commander

HOLY CRAP! I just now got done watching, and oh man, I'm just sitting here blown out of my mind! Oh wow!
Old June 13 2008, 05:58 PM   #21
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Twilight wrote: View Post
do you have photos from the night, Cogley?
Photos and review (of the evening) are now available here:

http://www.scifiheaven.net/index.php...g-no-spoilers/
Old June 13 2008, 06:01 PM   #22
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

I wish you had a sixth option this week which would be "interesting" because that is how I would describe it. I don't think it was the best episode I've ever seen in my life, or even on the level of excellent but it was actually really cool seeing things come together and then the final shot circulating around only with a sense going into the break of where do they go from here. It did seem like some of the architecture reminded me of the architecture in Kobol's Last Gleaming and I did notice someone mentioned a Temple, which I think refers back to Home.

Other notes about this episode since I'm moving out today and don't want to do a long review:

- Loved the scene when Tigh telling Adama and watching Adama's breakdown. That was some of the best character work all season IMO.

-This was a very good episode for Lee. I felt Lee has been regulated to the back lately (Other with exploits with Romo) and it was great that he was the one calling the Shots.

-Does anyone thing that maybe Admiral Adama might be the dying leader? I ask because he seemed to reopen old wounds (In the heart section) and I think that was a mild heart attack. Given that he has been shot close to there before, I wonder if now this makes him the dying leader.

-I'm still wondering where Head Six is. She was really annoying in Season 1, but now when we need her and need an explaination about who or what she is, she's no where to be seen.

-That shot with the fleet aimed towards "earth" (We don't know if this is the real earth so that's why the quotation is there) was awesome

-Loved the cheers going to disappointment in the final scene.

I might come up with more later, but so far going into another break, I'm more mystified and intrigued, than gut wrenched, which I think Moore had intended. It's going to be a long break (Again) but this does give us something to talk about. I do think though that for an episode called "revelations" they could have revealed more, because what was revealed in this one we knew. It was just awesome watching the fleet realize it and it felt like the reveal of the 4 was fresh and new to the audience as well.

I gave it Above Average but it really could have gone either way between that and excellent.

Last edited by FelizNavidad; June 13 2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old June 13 2008, 06:17 PM   #23
David cgc
Vice Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
-That shot with the fleet aimed towards "earth" (We don't know if this is the real earth so that's why the quotation is there) was awesome.
I'm pretty sure it's Earth. If it's not, then it's right next door to Earth, and it'll be mightily embarrassing that they went through all that heartache (and that they expended all that elation) because they were off by ten light years to the left.
Old June 13 2008, 06:48 PM   #24
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
It's a page that mentions what Aaron Douglas said. Then there's a comment that follows suggesting that a show needs at least 12 episodes to be considered for something big like the Emmys. Like I said though, I don't know if the whole 'season 5' thing is even accurate.
If all this is true, though, it could be part of the reason they're willing to expand the series finale by two hours.
Old June 13 2008, 07:44 PM   #25
Hicks
Captain

It would be incredibly lame if it's not Earth. That said, I think it's Earth. Real. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old June 13 2008, 07:58 PM   #26
Q2UnME
Commodore

Wow. Just finished watching the streaming feed.... All I can say for now is wow. I'm going to reserve my comments for after tonights showing (need to watch it again and digest it some more). Voted Excellent.

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Old June 13 2008, 08:33 PM   #27
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

I watched the streaming feed even though I haven't seen last week's episode yet due to Sci-Fi's infinite wisdom in delaying a new episode being posted on the website 8 days after it airs. I guess I'll get to The Hub in the next few days. I don't mind watching it out of order since I'm currently without SCi-Fi channel and I just don't want to wait another week to see it. I gave it an excellent.

It sucks about Earth. Is it all a wasteland? It looked pretty alive from orbit so perhaps parts of it are fine. Or better than what we're lead to believe. I just loved the look on everyone's faces as they looked upon the dark soil and the ruins of a city. They looked shocked that they had spent so much effort in getting there and it all seemed a waste. The entire cast did a good job there.

Much praise goes to Olmos and Hogan who acted their asses off here. The scene where Tigh confesses that he's a Cylon to Adama was awesome. Both actors really nailed it. One of the best scenes on the show so far.

Why is the picture on the streaming feed all squashed? It looked like shit.
Old June 13 2008, 08:54 PM   #28
Magisterfrodo
Vice Admiral

The picture was fine on my end.

Anyone notice Tyrol laughing in the background. Has he gone through so much that it's all he can do now is just laugh at life? He had a similar reaction to being arrested earlier in the episode.
Old June 13 2008, 08:58 PM   #29
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
The picture was fine on my end.

Anyone notice Tyrol laughing in the background. Has he gone through so much that it's all he can do now is just laugh at life? He had a similar reaction to being arrested earlier in the episode.
Just saw that part. Loved it. It's right after the Six (tigh-six?) walks by him. Would love to get inside that guy's head to see what finally triggered that. A very nice shot for the cast.
Old June 13 2008, 09:21 PM   #30
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

MagisterFrodo wrote: View Post
Yeah, he's been through so much (then again, who hasn't on this show), that he's just like "Fuck it. Priceless. Why not?"