Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 16 2008, 07:45 PM   #271
EnsignYoshi
Commander

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

Does anyone perhaps have a screencap of the colonial fleet hovering over earth? Would make a nice wallpaper
Old June 16 2008, 07:47 PM   #272
SeerSGB
Admiral

AJBryant wrote: View Post
One thing occurs to me.

Go back to that scene where Lee is looking through the book with the picture of "the temple of Athena on Earth". Look closely at that picture. A kind of round-roofed structure, with a dome shape on top.

Then look at the ruins at the end, as the camera is panning right. I *swear* it looks like there's a collapsed, roundish roof with a dome-shaped bit at the center.

Tony
Well didn't Kara say that here and Lee were going to walk through the temple of Pythia (or something along those lines). Could have been a bit of foreshadowing.
Old June 16 2008, 07:49 PM   #273
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Thought it was the Temple of Aurora. Can't remember precisely.
Old June 16 2008, 08:10 PM   #274
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Interestingly, D'Anna originally said that they needed all 5 to get to Earth. But, in reality, all 5 were never by the Viper. In fact, the Viper revealed location of Earth when none of the final Cylons were near it. Starbuck was in it. We know she's not the final Cylon either. Clearly, something was sending the message which was triggering the four and the Viper at the same time.
I'm getting the vibe that the Viper is "living" the same way Cylon Raiders are alive. So, it's basically been listening and waiting all this time, so it doesn't mean the Final Cylon triggered anything. Maybe the Viper did it on its own because its been waiting for the right time all along.

The signal was a Colonial signal. So, it could be the transmitter from Kara's old Viper. The Viper Kara returned in is brand new. So, maybe whatever took her from the Maelstrom took the debris with it to Earth and then used the transponder for the signal the Viper picked up.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old June 16 2008, 08:17 PM   #275
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Interestingly, D'Anna originally said that they needed all 5 to get to Earth. But, in reality, all 5 were never by the Viper. In fact, the Viper revealed location of Earth when none of the final Cylons were near it. Starbuck was in it. We know she's not the final Cylon either. Clearly, something was sending the message which was triggering the four and the Viper at the same time.
I'm getting the vibe that the Viper is "living" the same way Cylon Raiders are alive. So, it's basically been listening and waiting all this time, so it doesn't mean the Final Cylon triggered anything. Maybe the Viper did it on its own because its been waiting for the right time all along.

The signal was a Colonial signal. So, it could be the transmitter from Kara's old Viper. The Viper Kara returned in is brand new. So, maybe whatever took her from the Maelstrom took the debris with it to Earth and then used the transponder for the signal the Viper picked up.
Tyrol pretty much ripped the new viper apart, checking out every component. I'm sure he would've noticed the gooey innards ala Cylon raiders!

I do like the idea of the transmitter being from Kara's old viper. If that is the case, the signal is obviously being enhance and modified to travel so far and to only be picked up by the new viper.

However, it's possible that there is no signal and the new viper is just displaying something programmed into it.

Mr Awe
Old June 16 2008, 08:48 PM   #276
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
AJBryant wrote: View Post
One thing occurs to me.

Go back to that scene where Lee is looking through the book with the picture of "the temple of Athena on Earth". Look closely at that picture. A kind of round-roofed structure, with a dome shape on top.

Then look at the ruins at the end, as the camera is panning right. I *swear* it looks like there's a collapsed, roundish roof with a dome-shaped bit at the center.

Tony
Well didn't Kara say that here and Lee were going to walk through the temple of Pythia (or something along those lines). Could have been a bit of foreshadowing.
137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
^^^ Thought it was the Temple of Aurora. Can't remember precisely.
You're correct. It's the Temple of Aurora.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 16 2008, 10:12 PM   #277
SeerSGB
Admiral

My bad, I got my temples mixed Still, I'm thinking Kara was foreshadowing the end of the show.
Old June 16 2008, 10:27 PM   #278
flavaflav
Commander

average.

I thought Tigh was the f'n man in this ep, but you can't expect him to carry the ep all by himself. Adama is still annoying King Emo and the cliffhanger was way to obvious and boring as all hell. I was hoping to be shocked and find out who the last cylon was, but nope. well, if their goal was to not get me excited about the last half of the season due to the long break, they succeeded.
Old June 16 2008, 11:05 PM   #279
AviTrek
Fleet Captain

Swarles Barkley wrote: View Post
Peacemaker wrote: View Post
I've said this before, but nobody seems to have gotten it yet.

If this was NYC, then....

The Statue of Liberty could be Aurora, goddess of the dawn, because of her torch. The Ellis Island complex would the Temple of Aurora. So, they landed at the site of the Temple of Aurora.
Problem is, there is no bridge to/from Ellis Island. So the ruins of the bridge clearly seen in the last shot are problematic if that's supposed to be Ellis Island. (Unless of course this is some future Earth and at some point prior to whatever apocalypse happened, someone built a bridge there.)
Not to mention the only reason to guess NYC is because the ruined bridge looks like the Brooklyn Bridge. If you want to make that bridge a future hypothetical bridge then the location could be anywhere on Earth.
Old June 16 2008, 11:20 PM   #280
Paxil
Vice Admiral

No, the other reason it reminds one of New York is because it is a large city on an elongated island. I have no doubt they meant for it to remind people of NYC, while being vague enough to not necessarily actually represent it.
Old June 17 2008, 04:17 AM   #281
Hikaru_Ichijo
Lieutenant Commander

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Show's over.

Break out the flying motorcycles!
NoOoOOooOoOo! Why, oh why, did you have to resurrect that painful memory of the past buried deep in my head
Old June 17 2008, 04:21 AM   #282
Hikaru_Ichijo
Lieutenant Commander

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Nah, we need to go "Macross" style and have the new human colonies built around the wreck of the Galactica*

(* - I'm only half joking)
Funny, I was thinking the same thing
Old June 17 2008, 05:57 AM   #283
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

Will we see the Eastern Alliance? In the TOS series, they found a planet that was supposedly Earth - the buldings were destroyed, but they found some survivors.
Old June 17 2008, 06:34 PM   #284
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Luke Lightsaber wrote: View Post
Will we see the Eastern Alliance? In the TOS series, they found a planet that was supposedly Earth - the buldings were destroyed, but they found some survivors.
The devastated planet they found was Paradeen, a colony world of Terra.

And Terra was the planet they thought to be Earth... but it wasn't devastated.
Old June 17 2008, 07:05 PM   #285
Paxil
Vice Admiral

In fact, they prevented Terra from being devastated.