Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 15 2008, 01:12 AM   #181
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
It's not Earth...it's Counter-Earth, an identical twin in the same orbit, but on the opposite side of the sun!
Oh, so it's Mondas! Watch out for the Cybermen!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 15 2008, 01:12 AM   #182
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

We didn't see any planets because the fleet jumped in behind the planet.
Old June 15 2008, 01:16 AM   #183
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
It's not Earth...it's Terra!!!!!!!
Some have been seriously suggesting that....

Emh wrote: View Post
It's not Earth...it's Counter-Earth, an identical twin in the same orbit, but on the opposite side of the sun!
Sounds like either Marvel or Doctor Who has been copying the other....
Old June 15 2008, 01:32 AM   #184
Aragorn
Admiral

A couple things of note:

After Tigh found out Caprica Six was pregnant, shouldn't there have been some sort of scene between the two of them before the end of Revelations? Maybe of him revealing himself to be a Cylon to her?

And speaking of the ending, is that the first time Caprica Six and Baltar were in the same scene together since she boarded Galactica? She was in love with him, and now she's with Tigh. Would've expected something more.
Old June 15 2008, 02:02 AM   #185
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Something I caught the second time during the final scene. While everyone is looking miserable on Earth, you can see Tyrol in the background of one of the shots.... and he's got a sarcastic grin on his face and lets out a little chuckle.
Old June 15 2008, 02:04 AM   #186
Yassim
Fleet Captain

Brolan wrote: View Post
It can't be Earth. The dying leader isn't supposed to make it to Earth. None of the leaders have died, so this isn't Earth.
I thought the same thing. But did the Prophecy say that exactly? I remember a dying leader... was it explicitly said that the dying leader wouldn't reach Earth? Or did we fill that in, with the Moses allegory?

Plus all we saw was a planet with some blue water. No distiguishable features like the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, etc. They are pulling a fast one on us.
This occured to me too. The final shot of Season 3 was so definitively Earth, with the visual cues. If they wanted us to believe that this planet is Earth, they needed to give us something similarly visual and unmistakable. They didn't, so either this isn't Earth, they screwed up or ... they're f-ing with us.
Old June 15 2008, 02:05 AM   #187
Agent Richard07
Admiral

NX_01 Mark wrote: View Post
One of the best BSG eps if not the best and I don't want to wait till 2009, please SKY get it early.
Won't happen.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
A couple things of note:

After Tigh found out Caprica Six was pregnant, shouldn't there have been some sort of scene between the two of them before the end of Revelations? Maybe of him revealing himself to be a Cylon to her?

And speaking of the ending, is that the first time Caprica Six and Baltar were in the same scene together since she boarded Galactica? She was in love with him, and now she's with Tigh. Would've expected something more.
Good points.
Old June 15 2008, 02:14 AM   #188
Stag
Rear Admiral

Luke Lightsaber wrote: View Post
Did you miss Flordia? They flew right over it when they were descending on the planet. Roslin gave the order to jump to Earth. It was hard to miss.
NO WAY!!! - I ran outside and looked in the sky - I didn't see any of the ships of the fleet. Looked again this morning, still nothing.

Old June 15 2008, 02:15 AM   #189
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Emh wrote: View Post
Sounds like either Marvel or Doctor Who has been copying the other....
I don't know when Marvel did it, but Doctor Who did it wwaaaayyy back in 1966.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
A couple things of note:

I'm sure both of those will be addressed in the episodes coming ahead. There just wasn't enough time in this episode.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old June 15 2008, 03:03 AM   #190
Crusher Disciple
Admiral

View Crusher Disciple's Twitter Profile

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
It's not Earth...it's Terra!!!!!!!
So, the Western Alliance and the Eastern Alliance destroyer each other? Suhweet.
Old June 15 2008, 03:29 AM   #191
arch101
Fleet Captain

As soon as I saw the geiger counter, I said "they're going to have to move on, they can't live there". I now think Earth is somewhere on the way, not the final destination. They will need something that can only be found there. Perhaps the goal of Earth as intended to bring the reconciliation of the two species, and now they are supposed to move on to somewhere else together. The leader (whomever that person might turn out to be) might still die before they make it. Roslin can't be the "dying leader", because she's no longer the leader. The whole prophecy is thrown on it's ear. Who will be the leader when they reach their final destination?
BTW, could the signal be from Starbuck's original Viper?
I think the Cylon civil war was the lynch pin that changed the "all this has happened before..." prophecy. In past occourances, it must have always been Cylon vs Man to the bitter end. This time, a Cylon faction cross-pollinates with the humans, changing the equation. It will be interesting to see how the higher power that is obviously orchestrating all this will respond.
Also: While I've seen Trek Captains loose it totally, I've never seen one drool before. Even during Benny Russell's breakdown. I wonder if Olmos alerted Bamber that he was going to do that?
Old June 15 2008, 03:32 AM   #192
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

Maybe the fifth Cylon will turn out to be the one who comes and shows the fleet where the humans went?
Old June 15 2008, 03:41 AM   #193
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

arch101 wrote: View Post
As soon as I saw the geiger counter, I said "they're going to have to move on, they can't live there". I now think Earth is somewhere on the way, not the final destination. They will need something that can only be found there. Perhaps the goal of Earth as intended to bring the reconciliation of the two species, and now they are supposed to move on to somewhere else together. The leader (whomever that person might turn out to be) might still die before they make it. Roslin can't be the "dying leader", because she's no longer the leader. The whole prophecy is thrown on it's ear. Who will be the leader when they reach their final destination?
After watching last night's episode, I started having similar thoughts. I looked over the Pythia and Saced Scrolls entries at Battlestar Wiki a few minutes ago and realized something. At no point has the Prophecy or the Scrolls referred to Earth as the promised land; that was an assumption made by the Colonials, simply because it was the missing and mythical Thirteenth Colony.

As such, I don't think Earth is the promised land. This may simply be another stop on the way to their final destination, as Kobol, New Caprica, and the algae planet were stops on the way to Earth. I think this notion is supported by the fact that Roslin hasn't died yet, whom I do believe is the leader -- so far, after all, she is the only one who has a "wasting disease." And she is the leader again, for good or worse; Lee was simply an Acting President until her return.
Old June 15 2008, 03:43 AM   #194
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Think that means back to the colonies?
Old June 15 2008, 03:55 AM   #195
kipron
Rear Admiral

^
Or Mars!

Maybe we'll get that Kim Stanley Robinson Sci-Fi adaption after all.