Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 232 84.06%
Above Average 31 11.23%
Average 9 3.26%
Below Average 4 1.45%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14 2008, 09:15 PM   #151
Bgt
Commander

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x10: "Revelations"

excellent.
perfection.
Old June 14 2008, 09:21 PM   #152
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

I'm with Temis in foreseeing the kumbayah ending with humans and Cylons working together coming. This episode's ending may actually be a big step in that direction with a dysfunctional twist--the magical planet that was going to solve everyone's problems isn't what anyone inside the show thought it would be. But getting there did cause humans and Cylons to take some significant steps towards reconciliation. Maybe now they realize that all they have is each other, and the only way to make things work is to work together, yada yada yada.

But I think that finding an Earth with no inhabitants was really the only way they could go. If it had its own civilization, then the show would suddenly, in the 11th hour, be all about them. This keeps the focus squarely where it should be, on the characters that we've been following all this time.

It also makes sense in that the 13th colony was lost, after all. The first thing that suggests is that they may have come to a bad end.

I don't think that Bamber has the chops/gravitas to carry off some of the stuff that they're giving him to do. And while I generally enjoy Hogan's performance, he makes too much use of that "worst triad face ever" look...the one where he reacts to something by letting his eyes bulge and his mouth hang open very obviously.
Old June 14 2008, 09:22 PM   #153
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

The Stig wrote: View Post
Where do we go from here? What will the show do for 12 additional hours?
Learn who the third party orchestrating all this is, what happened to Earth, who created the skinjobs, why break the armistice, how are the 5 different fron the 7, where the 5 came from, who the final cylon is and where it is and is up to, who transmitted the music to the Four cylons, what happened to starbuck when she died, what is the opera house vision about and Hera's role in it, will Roslin die, closure for the characters.
Old June 14 2008, 09:29 PM   #154
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

I'm with Temis in foreseeing the kumbayah ending
You want to know what? After all the years of pain, and death - this is what I want, I expect it to be a BSG bittersweet "kumbayah" though, one where every things just a little bit off kilter but over all human and Cylon have come to adjust to their relation to one another.

I just don't get those who want a complete bloodbath. That wouldn't be emotionally fulfilling, and would leave me pondering why I invested so much time in the show if all it meant was the complete mutual annihilation of human and Cylon alike.

their motives for the initial attack still being still unexplained
No they aren't... The Cylon's intent was to replace mankind in gods love. During the first season that's all we ever heard about from Leobon and Head-Six. I'm sorry you didn't notice. Though its clear some among them have come to understand they were wrong, that stuff takes place after all.

Sharr
Old June 14 2008, 09:35 PM   #155
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

^I'm not looking for a bloodbath by any means...but if we are foreseeing where they're going, then it becomes all about how well they can execute it, so that it stays compelling and has some good twists.

Mary McDonnell's comments about the last episode being something that makes you see the entire series in a new light is hopeful.
Old June 14 2008, 09:43 PM   #156
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

Mary McDonnell's comments about the last episode being something that makes you see the entire series in a new light is hopeful.
Oh I think context is going to matter for alot.

But Temis persists in arguing that or at least that's the sense I get the Cylons should still be trying to chase and wipe out all humans and if they don't some how the show's gone off track - the show would be far less interesting if that continued to go on since well that's never been the actual point.

The Cylons are like us, or close enough that we and they can find mutual ground, that's been what the show is about.

Lets put it like this I've been getting more surprise out of the show then Temis's remarks about it. I wouldn't outside of reading spoilers claim to be totally sure where they're taking us now.

Sharr
Old June 14 2008, 10:28 PM   #157
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

I gave it an excellent. It was marvelous.

It was a real "edge of your seat" ep all the way through, thanks to the standoff between Galactica and the Basestar. And Lee really stepped up nicely for this confrontation.

I figured the humans and Cylons would team up eventually. And that moment arrived when Baltar tells Deanna that brute force just won't work here. I loved how most of the major characters got something to do, even Baltar. I was wondering where was Head Six during all of this, though.

And that ending...good Christ! I half expected to see Charleton Heston pounding the ground, screaming, "They blew it all up!" The visual image of all the major characters viewing the ruined planet was stunning and very poignant.

Sean

Last edited by USS Kongo; June 15 2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old June 14 2008, 10:37 PM   #158
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

The first half of the episode confused me. Roslin and Baltar weren't prisoners on the basestar last week, but all of a sudden they were? Why would D'anna risk alienating the Colonials and the potential final four by taking them hostage? The arrival at Earth was excellent, however.
Old June 14 2008, 10:57 PM   #159
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Just watched it myself. Where is the vote for "oh my god that was frakking amazing and I think I just came in my pants"???

Just fabbo. Think I need to sit down. Oh wait I already am. Then I need to lay down. Phew!

Adama's scream, how about that
AARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old June 14 2008, 11:12 PM   #160
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

The first half of the episode confused me. Roslin and Baltar weren't prisoners on the basestar last week, but all of a sudden they were?
How are you confused by this? Three clearly just said, "I'm holding your people until we get the Final Four". So no, they weren't prisoners last week but they are now. Though I never got the impression that Roslin and Baltar were being restricted in their movements. What's hard to understand here?

Sharr
Old June 14 2008, 11:17 PM   #161
ladyheather69
Captain

Wow! I voted excellent.

Hogan and Olmos....what is there to say but fucking awesome! Those two deserve Emmy nods if not the Emmys themselves. I was not surprised to see Adama break down. In fact, I think it completely fits him. Was an amazing scene.

My DH was surprised to see that they found Earth already. He doesn't read spoilers or rumors or anything so he didn't have any idea. I however, knew it was coming, yet was still surprised as to what they found.

And how other posters have said that if we never saw another episode, the ending was a big F-U...well, I almost, yes I am admitting it, I almost wish that is how it ended. ONly a 2% wanting it to have ended that way. Yes that would have left questions, serious ones, unanswered. I think however, it would have been fitting: Cylons and Humans struggling together towards finding Earth and then finding it in ruins. No answers for any of them let alone the audience. BUT........

I AM SO FRAKING GLAD THAT IT DIDN'T END THAT WAY!

I am looking forward to how tptb are going to end this. I want to find out who the final Cylon is/was/are...whatever. I want to see what happens now that they found Earth and where they go from here. All the unanswered questions...I want answers for.

Excellent.
Old June 14 2008, 11:27 PM   #162
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

I hope there's SOME survivors on Earth. After all, who planted all that stuff for the Colonials to find?
Old June 14 2008, 11:34 PM   #163
Aragorn
Admiral

The inhabitants of Earth all live underground now. There will be a direct tie-in with the movie City of Ember.

Either that or they'll have to search for Earth 2 where they'll run into Clancy Brown and Tim Curry.
Old June 14 2008, 11:35 PM   #164
Luke Lightsaber
Captain

Either that or we all relocated to Mars after the wars.
Old June 15 2008, 12:03 AM   #165
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

And thus Kara Thrace lead the human race to it's end.

Excellent