Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 13 2009, 06:23 PM   #571
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Re: The unofficial Rock Band thread.

I thought it was really kinda chuckle-worthy seeing male characters singing with female voices and vice-versa.
Old September 14 2009, 04:49 PM   #572
Smiley
Rear Admiral

I beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Medium yesterday with 5 stars on each song. It took me 7 hours with a short break every 12th song. While I do feel a sense of accomplishment, I find myself angry at the game design decision to make the Endless Setlist the way it is.

For one thing, it takes up pretty much half a waking day. That's not a good thing either socially or physically. The alternative is to manually break it up with pauses, causing unnecessary power consumption and preventing the use of the TV until it is finished.

Why couldn't they put in a temp save feature? Even real bands seldom play for more than 2 hours in a set without a break, and I've never heard of any band playing for over 6 hours straight. Allowing a save every 20th song would be a nice compromise between stamina and reality.

I don't plan on doing the ES2 on Hard or Expert. As Han Solo said, "No reward is worth this."
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2009, 05:44 PM   #573
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Is it really endless if it can be beaten?
Old September 14 2009, 08:42 PM   #574
Smiley
Rear Admiral

It's 84 songs, but it sure seems endless.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2009, 11:44 PM   #575
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral

Smiley wrote: View Post
I beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Medium yesterday with 5 stars on each song. It took me 7 hours with a short break every 12th song. While I do feel a sense of accomplishment, I find myself angry at the game design decision to make the Endless Setlist the way it is.

For one thing, it takes up pretty much half a waking day. That's not a good thing either socially or physically. The alternative is to manually break it up with pauses, causing unnecessary power consumption and preventing the use of the TV until it is finished.

Why couldn't they put in a temp save feature? Even real bands seldom play for more than 2 hours in a set without a break, and I've never heard of any band playing for over 6 hours straight. Allowing a save every 20th song would be a nice compromise between stamina and reality.

I don't plan on doing the ES2 on Hard or Expert. As Han Solo said, "No reward is worth this."
Wow, impressive. We actually held a party to do the ES1 on hard for the first rockband, that got pretty grueling by the end. I thought that ES2 didn't allow pausing? That's the only reason we haven't done it yet.
Old September 15 2009, 12:21 AM   #576
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

There's an Iron Bladder achievement for beating the game on endless without pausing... which is just insane.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 02:46 AM   #577
General_Phoenix
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to General_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to General_Phoenix Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to General_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to General_Phoenix

Capt. Vulcan wrote: View Post
So anyone playing the Beatles game? I'm not in to the beatles but I still enjoyed the game. Most of the songs are really fun to play, and the little animated sequences were really cool.
Yeah, I'm a huge Beatle fan and am loving it. I haven't played Rock Band in awhile, but me and my friends are (and my dad, who's a big Beatle's fan as well) are loving The Beatles Rock Band. I never liked singing in Rock Band, but I am singing my tail off in this one - mainly because I already know the songs inside and out already anyway, the harmonies are really fun to do too. I am just having a lot of fun with it personally.
Old September 18 2009, 07:53 AM   #578
Aragorn
Admiral

Downloads for the week of Sept. 20 (and you can download on Sept. 20 for 360):

Pearl Jam: "Backspacer"
“Gonna See My Friend”
“Got Some”
“The Fixer”
“Johnny Guitar’
“Just Breathe”
“Amongst the Waves”
“Unthought Known”
“Supersonic”
“Speed of Sound”
“Force of Nature”
“The End”
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2009, 07:04 PM   #579
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

I'm in. Love me some Pearl Jam.
Old September 19 2009, 11:03 PM   #580
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

I've been perusing the official Rock Band forums...
What a bunch of whiners when it comes to what they want for DLC...
Worse then GameFAQs posters...
Old September 20 2009, 08:00 AM   #581
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

When Rock Band network comes out, it won't matter. They can just pester the bands instead.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old September 20 2009, 03:59 PM   #582
General_Phoenix
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to General_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to General_Phoenix Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to General_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to General_Phoenix

Smiley wrote: View Post

I have been wanting to attempt the endless setlist for awhile now, but just haven't. Most of the time it's just me playing though, I double up drums and vocals, which is why I haven't done it yet - I figure it would be more fun with other people playing with me. It's just hard to get anyone motivated to do it, once they see how many songs that are involved, they say forget it. One day I may get the drive to do it, but I doubt it will be anytime soon.
Old September 20 2009, 06:24 PM   #583
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
When Rock Band network comes out, it won't matter. They can just pester the bands instead.
They'll find something to complain about. It's the Internet, after all.
Old September 25 2009, 02:54 AM   #584
Aragorn
Admiral

Downloads for the week of Sept. 27:

ALICE IN CHAINS PACK
"A Looking In View"
"Check My Brain"
"No Excuses"
"Rooster"
"Would?"
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2009, 03:54 AM   #585
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Oh, speaking of Rock Band Network, it appears that if you are in XNA Creator's Club, you get access to the backend.

And here's a free XNA membership if you're a student - https://www.dreamspark.com/default.aspx

Ah, doh, it looks like the trial only lets you deploy games to the 360, not test them. Too bad.

Last edited by firehawk12; September 25 2009 at 04:43 AM.