Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 19 2009, 07:25 PM   #436
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: The unofficial Rock Band thread.

Downloads for the week of June 21:

WARPED TOUR PACK
A Day to Remember “The Downfall of Us All”
Bad Religion “21st Century Digital Boy”
Chiodos “I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard”
Escape the Fate “The Flood”
Underoath “Reinventing Your Exit”

MAROON 5 PACK
“Little of Your Time”
“Makes Me Wonder”
“Wake Up Call”
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2009, 08:48 PM   #437
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni

Chiodos “I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard”
I've never heard of the band or song but I like the song title.
Old June 26 2009, 06:33 AM   #438
Aragorn
Admiral

Downloads or the week of June 28:

Foreigner pack
Blue Morning Blue Day
Feels Like the First Time
Headknocker

Warped pack
Dear and the Headlights - "Sweet Talk"
The Devil Wears Prada - "Hey John, What's Your Name Again?"
Thrice - "Image of the Invisible"

Single
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Weapon of Choice"
Old June 26 2009, 11:38 AM   #439
Hermiod
Admiral

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
Hermiod wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
Downloads for the week of June 14:

EVANESCENCE PACK
“Bring Me to Life”
“Call Me When You’re Sober”
“Weight of the World”
That's a buy for me.
I'm torn on it... The problem with Evanescence is that aside from the vocals, there really isn't anything to the rest of the band.
I prefer to play songs I enjoy over ones that I don't but are more of a challenge.

Plus, this is a full band game, no reason why they shouldn't release packs of songs that are a challenge for singers ahead of guitarists and drummers.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2009, 07:52 PM   #440
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

That's a buy for me.
I'm torn on it... The problem with Evanescence is that aside from the vocals, there really isn't anything to the rest of the band.
I prefer to play songs I enjoy over ones that I don't but are more of a challenge.

Plus, this is a full band game, no reason why they shouldn't release packs of songs that are a challenge for singers ahead of guitarists and drummers.
Which I understand, but personally, I get far less use out of vocals than any other aspect of the game. I only pull the microphone out when friends are over.
Old July 3 2009, 09:02 AM   #441
Aragorn
Admiral

Downloads for the week of July 5:

GREEN DAY PACK
Green Day “21 Guns”
Green Day “East Jesus Nowhere”
Green Day “Know Your Enemy”

MAYHEM PACK
Behemoth “Conquer All”
Black Dahlia Murder “What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse”
Cannibal Corpse “Hammer Smashed Face”
God Forbid “Empire of the Gun”
Job for a Cowboy “Embedded”
Marilyn Manson “Disposable Teens”
Slayer “Black Magic”
Whitechapel “This Is Exile”
Old July 4 2009, 05:03 AM   #442
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

I haven't heard any of those Green Day songs... they from the new album?
Old July 4 2009, 08:54 AM   #443
Aragorn
Admiral

They are indeed from the new album. Sort of like how all Rock Band has from Guns 'n' Roses is the Chinese Democracy album.
Old July 4 2009, 09:20 AM   #444
Aragorn
Admiral

I thought that was being released as a disc-based expansion, and not DLC?
firehawk12 wrote: View Post
Yeah, there's a disc. I might consider picking it up, since I don't have any of those songs.
The release when the tracks were first announced said that they'd be exclusive to the track pack disc for a period of time before becoming available for DLC.
Old July 10 2009, 06:38 PM   #445
Aragorn
Admiral

Downloads for the week of July 12:

BIG DIPPER PACK
Big Dipper “All Going Out Together”
Big Dipper “She’s Fetching”
Big Dipper “Younger Bums”

JUDAS PRIEST PACK
Judas Priest “Dissident Aggressor (Live)”
Judas Priest “Eat Me Alive (Live)”
Judas Priest “Prophecy (Live)”

THE DEAD WEATHER PACK
The Dead Weather “Hang You From the Heavens”
The Dead Weather “No Hassle Night”
The Dead Weather “Treat Me Like Your Mother”
Old July 10 2009, 06:48 PM   #446
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Hm. Looks like another nothing week for me. I like Judas Priest... but I just can't seem to enjoy playing their stuff.
Old July 10 2009, 06:49 PM   #447
Hermiod
Admiral

^Yeah, Rock Band's DLC has been a bit disappointing of late.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2009, 12:25 AM   #448
Yoda
Rear Admiral

The Judas Priest pack was fun enough on guitar. The two harder songs in the pack seem too highly tiered, and I get the feeling that I could probably FC 2 of the songs without that much effort. Whereas a lot of the Screaming for Vengeance solos tiered lower are pretty impossible.

Now getting to the Priest pack on my Xbox 360 was another story! I go to buy it, but I'm short on points. Ok, fine, I click add more, it says no, credit card rejected. I figure, oh, my card expired, simple enough. I look around, no edit button, so I go to add a new credit card. Type in all my information, which is absurd on a guitar controller btw, after i put it in my address, credit card number, etc... I click ok, and boom 'can't add card, card already exists'.

I figure there must be an edit button if I back out of the game and into the dashboard, rather than use the little mini inside game version. So I go to find the pack in the marketplace, I see it listed under content somewhere, click specifically on the Judas Priest pack and it takes me to a generic Rock Band DLC page where it's trying to shove Green Day on my throat. I have to click all DLC again and sort by date to get to the thing I actually want. Anyway, still no edit button there on my payment page.

So fuck it, I go on the xbox live website, sure enough THERE I have the ability to edit my card info. Pop in the new expiration date and security code, and it lets me buy my points. So long as I was there I figured I would buy the Judas Priest pack on the website. I click buy, it says it's been added to my queue. It just says pending, never goes anywhere even though my xbox is on live, and sitting at the dashboard. I go to Rock Band, no songs, I go back to the Music Store and click Download Again, no can do, it's already in the queue! I go to my download queue, delete it, head back to the Music Store, click download again and FINALLY the thing downloads.

Oh, and while was on the xbox live website I decided to investigate my Xbox Live status since I signed up for a XBL, 1 month for 1 dollar a few weeks ago. Sure enough I see that the dreaded autorenew is on for my account, and in a few days I'd be starting my 8 dollar monthly recurring charge. Of course there's no obvious way to cancel so I use their stupid computer intelligence interactive help thing, which tells me that to cancel I have to call... for my protection.

What the fuck? How does it protect me that I can't cancel online? When I can buy everything online? So great, now if someone steals my xbox they can rack up thousands of dollars of fraudulent charges on my account, but they can't cancel my Live Gold autorenew. Thank God for that. I'm so glad they lost the ability to cause a minor inconvenience. So I call Xbox support, sit through their ridiculously long recorded messages and finally get a real person, who proceeds to ask me more questions than a car loan application in order to confirm my identity to turn off autorenew.

What the hell is up with this crap? I know making it hard to cancel is pretty standard corporate douchebaggery, where the hell is Congress on this? Why don't they ban such obviously absurd predatory billing practices with some common sense legislation? It's simple, if you can buy or renew a service online you should be able to cancel it online, and you should be able to select if you want the service to renew both when you signup, and whenever the hell you want through the same damned channel!

With all the bullshit it took me probably two hours to play my fucking Judas Priest songs.
Old July 15 2009, 12:43 AM   #449
Yoda
Rear Admiral

^As soon as I finish editing my rant, I go to stand up. I'm still wearing my guitar controller on its strap. As I finish rising, the strap pops off one of the pegs. This sends it into a swing and a split second later into a free fall. The falling rotating body of the guitar controller proceeds to punt my Cherry Coke Zero can halfway across the table spilling everywhere. FUCK!

I posted a rant in misc about KFC last week where after composing a response I knocked over a can of Cherry Coke Zero on my computer desk, also spilling everywhere.

In conclusion, next time I rant, I should just stay thirsty until I am done. I can't have nice things!
Old July 15 2009, 02:49 AM   #450
Aragorn
Admiral

You can't cancel online because then they won't have a chance to talk you out of it.

You should never give Xbox Live your credit card because of what they do with it. Buying the Gold Cards and Points Cards are the best way to go because they're finite and sometimes you can buy them for less than cost.