New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old July 18 2010, 09:24 PM   #121
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: "Star Trek: Phase II" Enterprise

An email worm and virus, hgh.exe it looks like, destroyed my computer.

Fortunately I have an external hard drive unit I've been using for Polaris, so I hit Best Buy last evening, picked up a faster and cheaper machine with more drive space (it's amazing how everything doubles or better every year or so) and have reconstructed most of my data files on the new machine.

Cost me a day's delay.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2010, 12:06 PM   #122
Santaman
Rear Admiral

I suggest reformatting and reinstalling your old machine and use it as a backup machine to copy important stuff to, I've done so for many years already and it has saved me a lot of time and agravation at times.
Old July 19 2010, 02:00 PM   #123
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

Santaman wrote: View Post
I suggest reformatting and reinstalling your old machine and use it as a backup machine to copy important stuff to, I've done so for many years already and it has saved me a lot of time and agravation at times.
Also run a little render farm.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2010, 04:05 PM   #124
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Dennis wrote: View Post
An email worm and virus, hgh.exe it looks like, destroyed my computer.

Fortunately I have an external hard drive unit I've been using for Polaris, so I hit Best Buy last evening, picked up a faster and cheaper machine with more drive space (it's amazing how everything doubles or better every year or so) and have reconstructed most of my data files on the new machine.

Cost me a day's delay.
Im glad everything worked out for ya
Old July 19 2010, 05:21 PM   #125
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, the new machine's having intermittent trouble connecting with the web, though. Hope that'll be worked out shortly.
Old July 19 2010, 05:53 PM   #126
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Yeah, the new machine's having intermittent trouble connecting with the web, though. Hope that'll be worked out shortly.
Good Luck with that
Old July 19 2010, 10:15 PM   #127
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Given that's where high.exe came from in the first place, maybe that's a good thing! What are you using for anti-virus software? Back in my Windows days, I was very fond of Eset Nod.
Old July 20 2010, 02:43 AM   #128
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

I don't know who designed the old Star Trek font, but for what it's worth, the other orthographic change (besides the "E") that took place starting with the second season is the letter "H:" in the first season font, the horizontal crossbar on the "H" was perfectly horizontal, but starting with the second season, the crossbar was slightly diagonal--like the center crossbar on the letter "A." (The old-syle "H" is still retained in William Shatner's credit through all three seasons, however.)

Here's an interesting thing about that rounded "E" - credits added in the second year of the show don't have it.

Shatner and Nimoy's credit retains it - but Kelley's credit has the "E" with corners, as does the "Created By Gene Roddenberry" card.

During the first year, the Trek font was not used for episode titles or for show's end credits - at least not during the first part of the year; I'm not sure if that was changed by season's end.

Does anyone know who designed the font?
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2010, 03:44 AM   #129
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

The deal with the "H" sounds like the same as the "E" - those opening credits that existed as art from the first season were left alone, but anything new added included the change.
Old July 24 2010, 07:06 AM   #130
Joe_Atari
Lieutenant Commander

Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
Lessee....music from "Inside Star Trek"...
Fun stuff here; it's great seeing the Phase II Enterprise in action! Not to divert focus from Dennis' great rendering, but if I might suggest, this HAS to be the Phase II theme music:

Maybe from 0:38 to 1:13 or so... Yeah, it's the TMP theme but it would so give that late-'70s Dallas (or dare I say Space: 1999?) vibe. If you figure Phase II was going to be relatively low-budget with a lot of then-new video effects, they might have gone with a theme like this. Someone else already put this onto the end credits of TMP, but it might work even better here!
Joe_Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2010, 07:52 AM   #131
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

Gag me with a painstick.

And whoever said that Phase II was going to be a low budget show?
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2010, 04:38 PM   #132
Warped9
Admiral

Gag me with a painstick.
No kidding!
Old July 24 2010, 06:34 PM   #133
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Joe_Atari wrote: View Post
Lessee....music from "Inside Star Trek"...
Fun stuff here; it's great seeing the Phase II Enterprise in action! Not to divert focus from Dennis' great rendering, but if I might suggest, this HAS to be the Phase II theme music:

Maybe from 0:38 to 1:13 or so... Yeah, it's the TMP theme but it would so give that late-'70s Dallas (or dare I say Space: 1999?) vibe. If you figure Phase II was going to be relatively low-budget with a lot of then-new video effects, they might have gone with a theme like this. Someone else already put this onto the end credits of TMP, but it might work even better here!
I actually like it

*happy disco Dances Trek style*
Old July 24 2010, 08:13 PM   #134
sojourner
Admiral

Old July 24 2010, 08:22 PM   #135
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
*looks* then keeps on dancing and calls for a Female EMH for sojourner ^__^

no offence but that barfing emote made me lol ^__^