RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,602
Posts: 5,424,910
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 363
Newest member: David Ellerman

TrekToday headlines

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old October 21 2009, 06:59 PM   #4876
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral
 
Yeoman Randi's Avatar
 
Location: In a handbasket
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

Who has that awesome site with the different Sombreroprise pics done in an LCARS fashion? I can't find the site!!
Yeoman Randi is offline  
Old October 21 2009, 07:57 PM   #4877
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

Yeoman Rancid wrote: View Post
Who has that awesome site with the different Sombreroprise pics done in an LCARS fashion? I can't find the site!!
That's Carpe Occasio's site. I tried finding it yesterday, but I kept getting error messages -- still getting the same 404 today:

Not Found

The requested URL /sombrerosoftheline/sombreroprise.htm was not found on this server.
http://www.ncc1701shipyard.com/sombr...breroprise.htm

http://www.ncc1701shipyard.com/sombrerosoftheline

The most recent URL I find from him returns a 403 Forbidden error.

http://www.sombrerosoftheline.com/

Either something's broken or there's a newer URL I don't have.
__________________
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline  
Old October 22 2009, 05:13 AM   #4878
Sector 7
Rear Admiral
 
Sector 7's Avatar
 
Location: McCrory/Hitler's Republic of North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Yeoman Rancid wrote: View Post
Who has that awesome site with the different Sombreroprise pics done in an LCARS fashion? I can't find the site!!
That's Carpe Occasio's site. I tried finding it yesterday, but I kept getting error messages -- still getting the same 404 today:

Not Found

The requested URL /sombrerosoftheline/sombreroprise.htm was not found on this server.
http://www.ncc1701shipyard.com/sombr...breroprise.htm

http://www.ncc1701shipyard.com/sombrerosoftheline

The most recent URL I find from him returns a 403 Forbidden error.

http://www.sombrerosoftheline.com/

Either something's broken or there's a newer URL I don't have.
I sent him a PM quite some time ago with no response to date. I was unable to locate those beautiful wallpapers he made for widescreen monitors from ST09. Has he been active on TrekBBS lately?
__________________
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline  
Old October 22 2009, 05:54 AM   #4879
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

^ He's been kind of on-again, off-again for most of his time here -- not hearing from him for a few weeks isn't that uncommon -- maybe the workload at the day job picks up, or some other RL reason. The most recent posts I see for him are this one and this, both in late August and both about updates to the website.
__________________
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline  
Old October 22 2009, 08:25 AM   #4880
Tom Riley
Commodore
 
Tom Riley's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere... out there...
View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

Wait for it...




Waaaaiiit for it...




TaDa!


You can't see my face very well but... There was an Estate sale thing, and there were Sombreros! Sadly I didn't have the money to buy it but... I had time to try it on and snap a picture with my phone.

I just found this picture while transferring pictures over to my new phone. I can't believe I forgot to put this up earlier! This is from September 7th!


M'Sharak wrote: View Post
FinalFrontier wrote: View Post
Ghoul Malakai wrote: View Post
...
the pictures are missing, what did you guys make?
That's from close to a year and a half ago; it's hard to say. An earlier, unanimated version of this, possibly.
I'm glad I got here early enough that all the links still worked. Luckily that youtube video pretty much covers it.
Tom Riley is offline  
Old October 22 2009, 02:32 PM   #4881
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral
 
Yeoman Randi's Avatar
 
Location: In a handbasket
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

^^ I LOVE IT!! Thats great that you took the picture!
Too funny, sombreros at the sale!

I hope Carpe comes back soon. That site was the best!
Yeoman Randi is offline  
Old October 22 2009, 06:53 PM   #4882
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
You know this thread needs to be renamed: Blue Sombrero Wearing Nacelles?

Hey theres only a little over a hundred posts to go till 5000!
Robau's Sombrero-Wearing Nacelles


__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline  
Old October 22 2009, 11:38 PM   #4883
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?


__________________
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline  
Old October 23 2009, 08:19 PM   #4884
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

M'Sharak wrote: View Post




Create an artificial singularity in your own black hole.(tm)
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline  
Old October 24 2009, 06:24 AM   #4885
Sector 7
Rear Admiral
 
Sector 7's Avatar
 
Location: McCrory/Hitler's Republic of North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

Sector 7 wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Yeoman Rancid wrote: View Post
Who has that awesome site with the different Sombreroprise pics done in an LCARS fashion? I can't find the site!!
That's Carpe Occasio's site. I tried finding it yesterday, but I kept getting error messages -- still getting the same 404 today:

Not Found

The requested URL /sombrerosoftheline/sombreroprise.htm was not found on this server.
http://www.ncc1701shipyard.com/sombr...breroprise.htm

http://www.ncc1701shipyard.com/sombrerosoftheline

The most recent URL I find from him returns a 403 Forbidden error.

http://www.sombrerosoftheline.com/

Either something's broken or there's a newer URL I don't have.
I sent him a PM quite some time ago with no response to date. I was unable to locate those beautiful wallpapers he made for widescreen monitors from ST09. Has he been active on TrekBBS lately?
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
^ He's been kind of on-again, off-again for most of his time here -- not hearing from him for a few weeks isn't that uncommon -- maybe the workload at the day job picks up, or some other RL reason. The most recent posts I see for him are this one and this, both in late August and both about updates to the website.
Thanks for the information. I shall be a patient boy and wait nicely.
Does anyone else have some of the movie wallpapers Carpe created? My new monitor resolution is 1600x900 and they would really shine on it.
__________________
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline  
Old October 24 2009, 06:48 AM   #4886
GhostFaceSaint
Fleet Captain
 
GhostFaceSaint's Avatar
 
Location: On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

USS Sombreroprise begins its epic voyage to explore the Sombrero Galaxy!
__________________
It is our destiny to explore the stars...

Last edited by GhostFaceSaint; October 24 2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Oops
GhostFaceSaint is offline  
Old October 24 2009, 05:28 PM   #4887
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

Even the Frito Bandito would love this thread. EPIC!
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline  
Old October 24 2009, 05:46 PM   #4888
Jptrekker
Captain
 
Jptrekker's Avatar
 
Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

perhaps methinks the Sombreroprise needs something new...



(original without frito bandito by devario, here, reposted for posterity here)
Jptrekker is offline  
Old October 24 2009, 05:59 PM   #4889
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

jp's rotting corpse wrote: View Post
perhaps methinks the Sombreroprise needs something new...



(original without frito bandito by devario, here, reposted for posterity here)

I am now going to marry this fricking thread if its the last thing I EVER DO.
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline  
Old October 25 2009, 02:54 AM   #4890
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral
 
Yeoman Randi's Avatar
 
Location: In a handbasket
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

^ Eddie, i'm hoping i will be a godmother to your children!

JP, EPIC!!!!! Loving it!!!!


Im searching through the thread looking for the Generations Sombrero Story...I'm up to page 21. Its going to be a long night at this rate. Does anyone know where it is?
Yeoman Randi is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
blue warp nacelles, sombreroprise

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.