RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,266
Posts: 5,349,581
Members: 24,614
Currently online: 600
Newest member: robyn

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old June 15 2009, 10:50 PM   #4081
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain
 
Nick Ryder's Avatar
 
Location: Milwaukee, WI Da Brew City
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

pookha wrote: View Post
Ahh ha! And look what else was on Page 9! LOL That's so fruckin' funny!
__________________
"Here you are in the club with your bottle full of Bud, you got grillz you got bling, but playa you don't know a thing..." Alice Cooper - Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
Nick Ryder is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 03:04 AM   #4082
26138
Fleet Captain
 
26138's Avatar
 
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

NickRyder wrote: View Post
pookha wrote: View Post
Ahh ha! And look what else was on Page 9! LOL That's so fruckin' funny!
I have a place in my heart devoted to the Pimpin' Sombreroprise - Carl Spock always rides it around when he's cruising for chicks!
__________________
Samuel T. Cogley:
And is there any way we can make the saucer section look more like a sombrero?
Or maybe put a sombrero on top of the saucer section?
26138 is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 03:45 AM   #4083
Sector 7
Rear Admiral
 
Sector 7's Avatar
 
Location: McCrory/Hitler's Republic of North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

REQUEST: I am looking for Stewie Griffin in TWOK uniform... with and without Holy Sombrero-wear... any help would be appreciated. THANKS!!
__________________
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 05:59 AM   #4084
Jptrekker
Captain
 
Jptrekker's Avatar
 
Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

seeing the "Sombreromount" logos got me to thinking about the "real" sombrero universe as compared to the "fictional" one of Sombrero Trek we've been discussing.

In the "real" Sombrero Universe, Lucille Ball, sometime in the 40's traveled to Cuba and met a sombrero she fell in love with, they began to make movies together, then a hit TV show and then formed their own studio...


(this logo from the end credits of the Lucy & Sombrero Comedy Hour)

Then in the 1960's, the SombereroLu studios was producing several hit programs such as Mission: Sombrero, I Sombrero, Andy Griffith's Sombrero County Sheriff, and of course, Sombrero Trek.

The SombreroLu studios was right next to the Paramount Lot, and in 1966, Sombrerolu was acquired by Paramount, which as part of the deal changed their name to Sombreromount.

The 1967 and 1968 TV programs still bore the SombreroLu logo, but with a Sombreromount copyright notice at the bottom..



this tiny version of the Sombreromount logo appeared at the bottom of the copyright notice

Jptrekker is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 06:37 AM   #4085
Jptrekker
Captain
 
Jptrekker's Avatar
 
Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

The real Sombreroverse continues...

In the late 1970's into the Early 1980's, Wayne Huzinga, trash magnate of the southwest with his company Waste Management Nacelles (the dumpsters were called Nacelles), purchased a burgeoning video franchise, Blue Warp Video. His Combined company would become Blue Warp Nacelles which would go on to become one of the largest multimedia companies eventually gobbling up Sombreromount, Via-con-Sombreros, MTV Sombreros, and Columbia Broadcasting Sombreros (CBS)...



Jptrekker is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 07:55 AM   #4086
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

jptrekker wrote: View Post
...Via-con-Sombreros...
Which is not quite the same thing as VayaConDios.
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 09:08 AM   #4087
Tom Riley
Commodore
 
Tom Riley's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere... out there...
View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

jptrekker wrote: View Post
seeing the "Sombreromount" logos got me to thinking about the "real" sombrero universe as compared to the "fictional" one of Sombrero Trek we've been discussing.

In the "real" Sombrero Universe, Lucille Ball, sometime in the 40's traveled to Cuba and met a sombrero she fell in love with, they began to make movies together, then a hit TV show and then formed their own studio...


(this logo from the end credits of the Lucy & Sombrero Comedy Hour)

Then in the 1960's, the SombereroLu studios was producing several hit programs such as Mission: Sombrero, I Sombrero, Andy Griffith's Sombrero County Sheriff, and of course, Sombrero Trek.

The SombreroLu studios was right next to the Paramount Lot, and in 1966, Sombrerolu was acquired by Paramount, which as part of the deal changed their name to Sombreromount.

The 1967 and 1968 TV programs still bore the SombreroLu logo, but with a Sombreromount copyright notice at the bottom..



this tiny version of the Sombreromount logo appeared at the bottom of the copyright notice

jptrekker wrote: View Post
The real Sombreroverse continues...

In the late 1970's into the Early 1980's, Wayne Huzinga, trash magnate of the southwest with his company Waste Management Nacelles (the dumpsters were called Nacelles), purchased a burgeoning video franchise, Blue Warp Video. His Combined company would become Blue Warp Nacelles which would go on to become one of the largest multimedia companies eventually gobbling up Sombreromount, Via-con-Sombreros, MTV Sombreros, and Columbia Broadcasting Sombreros (CBS)...



Tom Riley is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 09:59 AM   #4088
AdmiralGarak
Rear Admiral
 
AdmiralGarak's Avatar
 
Location: TrekBBS, apparently
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

jptrekker wrote: View Post

Are you trying to subtly tell us our thread is garbage?






AdmiralGarak is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 02:47 PM   #4089
Jptrekker
Captain
 
Jptrekker's Avatar
 
Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

NO! Absolutely NOT!

Just trying to find a humorous "real world" way to make Sombreromount a "Blue Warp Nacelles" company and that actually follows the real world pattern--Huzinga went from Garbage (waste management) to movie rentals (Blockbuster). Viacom then acquires Blockbuster. In the real sombrero universe, "Blue Warp Nacelles" acquires--at least temporarily--Via-con-Sombreros.
Jptrekker is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 02:48 PM   #4090
Jptrekker
Captain
 
Jptrekker's Avatar
 
Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
jptrekker wrote: View Post
...Via-con-Sombreros...
Which is not quite the same thing as VayaConDios.
but is a hair closer to Viacom
Jptrekker is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 06:02 PM   #4091
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain
 
Nick Ryder's Avatar
 
Location: Milwaukee, WI Da Brew City
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

HAHA... oh geez senors! The madness never stops! I love the Sombrerolu logo
__________________
"Here you are in the club with your bottle full of Bud, you got grillz you got bling, but playa you don't know a thing..." Alice Cooper - Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
Nick Ryder is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 09:47 PM   #4092
AdmiralGarak
Rear Admiral
 
AdmiralGarak's Avatar
 
Location: TrekBBS, apparently
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

jptrekker wrote: View Post
NO! Absolutely NOT!

Just trying to find a humorous "real world" way to make Sombreromount a "Blue Warp Nacelles" company and that actually follows the real world pattern--Huzinga went from Garbage (waste management) to movie rentals (Blockbuster). Viacom then acquires Blockbuster. In the real sombrero universe, "Blue Warp Nacelles" acquires--at least temporarily--Via-con-Sombreros.
Relax. It was just a joke.
AdmiralGarak is offline  
Old June 16 2009, 10:11 PM   #4093
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

This thread is no longer legend.

It is now epic folk tale.
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline  
Old June 17 2009, 12:55 AM   #4094
Jptrekker
Captain
 
Jptrekker's Avatar
 
Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

AdmiralGarak wrote: View Post
jptrekker wrote: View Post
NO! Absolutely NOT!

Just trying to find a humorous "real world" way to make Sombreromount a "Blue Warp Nacelles" company and that actually follows the real world pattern--Huzinga went from Garbage (waste management) to movie rentals (Blockbuster). Viacom then acquires Blockbuster. In the real sombrero universe, "Blue Warp Nacelles" acquires--at least temporarily--Via-con-Sombreros.
Relax. It was just a joke.
Just didn't want anybody to think for an instant that I would dream of degrading the epic awesomeness that is the Blue Warp Nacelles thread/legend/folk tale.
Jptrekker is offline  
Old June 17 2009, 04:26 AM   #4095
pookha
Admiral
 
pookha's Avatar
 
Location: pookha
View pookha's Twitter Profile
Re: Blue Warp Nacelles?

well i wondered why the thread was lasting this long..
now i know..
for jp to bring us this history.


hmm Wayne Huzinga..
then the miami dolphin on the helmet woud helmet would have been wearing
a sombrero during the years huzinga owned the team.

__________________
avatar by
?
pookha is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
blue warp nacelles, sombreroprise

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.