Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old June 9 2008, 10:48 PM   #31
Kira Nerys
Fleet Captain

Re: 'Star Trek: The Experience' To End?

I certainly hope not I have enjoyed it when I have visited Las Vegas.
Old June 10 2008, 08:34 AM   #32
Biggshow
Fleet Captain

I got word the other day from Chad Boutte at STTE that no decision has been reached yet. As I mention in my "Whither Star Trek: The Experience? Update" thread, the optimist in me sees this as a good sign since they need to give Cedar Fair enough lead time to get contractors lined up to tear the place out. The realist in me sees this as corporate foot-dragging.

Keep hoping and keep those calls and e-mails going out.
Old June 10 2008, 10:06 AM   #33
Dale
Vice Admiral

My wife and I are heading to Vegas, specifically to visit STTE, on July 28-30. We'll be staying at the Hilton, as always, and I intend to make sure they know well why I've chosen their property as our destination.

Hearing that it may close down has made me a bit nostalgic for the place. I was there on opening day and have been many times over the years. I recall fondly chatting with the Ferengi (I have a GPL bar necklace and Quan had to show me that his was larger! Roggle, meanwhile, always stopped by to approve of my ordering the most expensive dinner on the menu!), slamming my fist on the bar as I sang Klingon drinking songs with Churoq and Voq'ha, flirting with Kahlen (dangerous!), paying appropriate homage to Motog, or talking over the tendencies of humanity with Three of Six. I attended a fabulous Halloween party there one year, and have spent long hours swilling Romulan Ale and Warp Core Breaches while watching Trek at the bar and chatting with my fellow fans. I can (and have) spent entire weekends making the traditional cyclical trip of History of the Future museum, one of the rides, shopping the Promenade, drinks or a meal at Quark's and back to the museum over and over again.

I remember one remarkable evening just before closing time when I was the only person in line for Klingon Encounter. Showtime arrived and no one had joined me in line or responded to the PA announcement out in the museum that the last show was about to commence. I told the person at the front that they didn't have to do the entire show just for me, but they insisted... and I got the entire experience all to myself! What's more, no one cracked a smile, stepped out of character or shortchanged me in any way whatsoever... and it was all the more intense and realistic with so much attention focused solely on me!

I have been through each of the experiences dozens of times, at least, and while I love Borg Invasion 4D, I have to say that Klingon Encounter is still my favorite. The feeling of actually being on the E-D and embroiled in the action while running around the ship is just as thrilling the umpteenth time as it was the first.

I have never failed to have a wonderful time there, and it saddens me to think this visit may be my last.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3
Old June 13 2008, 04:29 AM   #34
PhaserJunky
Ensign

I've been there a few times before the Borg Invasion opened up. I loved the Klingon experience and am looking forward to finally getting the chance to try the Borg Invasion out. I've heard really good things.

I'll have to make sure to get my fill of the entire experience just in case, but hopefully with the new movie coming out, it might drive more traffic there.
Old July 5 2008, 09:38 PM   #35
Forever Trekkie
Cadet

I have bad news for all......................... after 11 years the Experience is closing Sept 1 2008 ---- i got an email from the experieince when i asked them to confirm the rumor - and they alsp posted it on the Star Trek:The Experieince web site ( http://www.startrekexp.com )

Here is the press release http://www.startrekexp.com/pdf/STTE-Media-release.pdf Maybe CBS can make a deal for the experience in another hotel - it would be such a shame to see it go along with the offical convention that is held in vegas each year.............. I am going in August to visit it one last time and hope for a renewal each year provided that they can keep it going

If they can - well it has been a fun run ..... Long Live Star Trek and Live Long and Prosper
Old July 5 2008, 09:42 PM   #36
MattJC
Fleet Captain

Forever Trekkie wrote: View Post
I have bad news for all......................... after 11 years the Experience is closing Sept 1 2008 ---- i got an email from the experieince when i asked them to confirm the rumor - and they alsp posted it on the Star Trek:The Experieince web site ( http://www.startrekexp.com )

Here is the press release http://www.startrekexp.com/pdf/STTE-Media-release.pdf Maybe CBS can make a deal for the experience in another hotel - it would be such a shame to see it go along with the offical convention that is held in vegas each year.............. I am going in August to visit it one last time and hope for a renewal each year provided that they can keep it going

If they can - well it has been a fun run ..... Long Live Star Trek and Live Long and Prosper
You're a little late, pal.
It's been confirmed that it was closing for about a week now.