Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 16 2011, 06:01 PM   #91
tighr
Commodore

Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Nora only got together with Barney on the premise that he gives up his old ways and he's proven he can't.. he won't get a second chance and there's no one around who's closer to Barney and "free" than Robin (wouldn't make any sense to build up a new character in half a season just so he can marry her).
Nora did give Barney a second chance, she was willing to forgive him for cheating. All she wanted to know is if it "meant something", and Barney said that it was. He broke up with her.
Old November 16 2011, 08:38 PM   #92
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^Yeah, he basically told her had feelings for someone else.
Old November 16 2011, 08:53 PM   #93
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

I'm impressed with Barney's growth as a person, owning up to Nora about what he did instead of running away or blowing it off. NPH is a great actor, and makes even a morally disturbing character sympathetic.
I assume Kal Penn will only be on the show until Harold and Kumar opens, so maybe another week before he dumps Robin (and I hope he does it instead of Robin dumping him).
I know this is an ensemble show, but I wish they would have dropped the Lilly/Marshall/Ted b-story and focused solely on Barney and Robin. They could have fleshed out a lot more with that extra 10 minutes.
Old November 16 2011, 09:23 PM   #94
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

FPAlpha seyz

That would be totally out of nowhere.. not only is she married but they never showed any interest in each other. It would be the same league of time travelling alien Nazi's
I'm down with time traveling nazis.

I just saw it on reruns of the Tomorrow People and I'm looking forward to misfits next week, and it was a surprisingly good episode of Time Cop...

but "a league" of Time traveling Nazis, means a mirror war that Crosstime Hitlers are going at it hammer and Tong. Or that Himmler and Goering tried to set up a Nazi's II party (Nazi too Party? Then Goering splinters off into his own Nazi Tutu Party.) and they're struggling for control of Europe against Adolph while still sandwiched between the US and Russian forces, but the Reich fractures again and again until it really is a league of dozens of Nazi Parties jostling for pole position... A Nazipolooza if you will.

By default, we all hate NAZIs, but in a war of Nazis vs. Nazis, every murderous unethical atrocity is a victory, and I want popcorn.

(Had you ever noticed that Nazipolooza sounds almost exactly like the same word as Nancy Pelosi?)

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 11:28 PM   #95
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

I like Barney. I like Robin. I don't really like Barney and Robin together. I was relieved when they broke up before. Usually on these shows when they pair up two characters it seems right but in this case I just wish they'd drop it. Barney and Robin are better “wingmen” to each other.
Old November 17 2011, 05:12 PM   #96
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Kirby wrote: View Post
I assume Kal Penn will only be on the show until Harold and Kumar opens...
It opened three weeks ago. Loved it. At the time I totally forgot that Kal Penn and NPH were both on How I Met Your Mother.

Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
I like Barney. I like Robin. I don't really like Barney and Robin together. I was relieved when they broke up before. Usually on these shows when they pair up two characters it seems right but in this case I just wish they'd drop it. Barney and Robin are better “wingmen” to each other.
I wonder if they'll go for an open marriage. It could be more interesting than the clichéd route where Barney and Robin learn the value of a "good traditional relationship".
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 02:58 AM   #97
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile

Wow.

So...who's the father? My money's on the boyfriend. I really really want it to be Barney, but it just didn't seem like enough time has past for her to know and it be Barney's. I really hope this isn't the last episode for 6-8 weeks, but I figure it probably is.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 06:36 AM   #98
AK4186
Cadet

ryan123450 wrote: View Post
Wow.

So...who's the father? My money's on the boyfriend. I really really want it to be Barney, but it just didn't seem like enough time has past for her to know and it be Barney's. I really hope this isn't the last episode for 6-8 weeks, but I figure it probably is.
Nope. New again in two weeks (Dec 5).
AK4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 11:59 AM   #99
Roger Wilco
Admiral

ryan123450 wrote: View Post
Wow.

I think it could easily be Barney's. Do we know for sure how much time has passed since the last episode? Unless I'm missing something there's no reason to say it couldn't have been a couple weeks ago.
Besides, even if it's the boyfriend's baby, Robin and he could break up anyway because of Robin cheating on him and Barney could simply be the baby's stepfather - we learned already, that blood relation doesn't seem that important to him when it comes to babies; especially since he appears to sincerely be in love with Robin.

There's lots of different ways this storyline could play out.
Old November 22 2011, 03:49 PM   #100
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
So anyway, as you know, Barney slept with Robin. Do you think they should get into a full blown relationship at some point? I'd love to see something like that. I've been hoping for awhile now that Barney would ultimately end up with Robin. What would be even more interesting is if we find out that Robin is pregnant with Barney's kid. That would be one hell of an eye-popping moment and would no doubt add something interesting to the show.
That was from this thread's very first post in 2008. Still, it was quite a revelation.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 04:21 PM   #101
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
I think it could easily be Barney's. Do we know for sure how much time has passed since the last episode? Unless I'm missing something there's no reason to say it couldn't have been a couple weeks ago.
I've missed the last couple of episodes, so I there may be something I misssed, but there was a Halloween episode 10/31, and then 3 episodes to get us to Thanksgiving on 11/24. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 04:34 PM   #102
AliciaD496
Fleet Captain

View AliciaD496's Twitter Profile

From Barney's history we know he wouldn't object to a blended family, so even if it is Kevin's I doubt he'd mind co-parenting with Kevin and Robin if/when Barney and Robin end up together or if Kevin ends up out of the picture totally (somehow he doesn't seem the type to ditch a pregnant woman, but I doubt Kal Penn wants to sign on as a long term minor character either).

It's funny I was watching the episode on syndication last night and someone (Barney?) said Ted wouldn't make a good best man because he wouldn't be good enough to stop Punchy from panicking and backing out of the wedding or doing something else crazy (citing Marshall's hair shaving incident). In the end Ted saw Punchy through and reminded him why he was getting married. Robin then asks Ted to be her 'best man' if she ever gets married and do the same for her. It just seemed so blatantly foreshadowing to what we saw in the season premiere with "The bride needs to see you Ted" that I think it's Robin marrying Barney and that's where everything's headed. Of course with Nora gone now it was pretty obvious too.

Poor Ted...he'll be the only unmarried, childless one in the group. But at least he's going to meet his future wife at the wedding, right? It'd be nice to actually have the next two seasons show THEM dating and a lead up to a wedding for them as well. It seems like the show's wandered from Ted's story for a while so I hope he gets some progress soon.
Old November 22 2011, 04:39 PM   #103
Roger Wilco
Admiral

IndyJones wrote: View Post
I've missed the last couple of episodes, so I there may be something I misssed, but there was a Halloween episode 10/31, and then 3 episodes to get us to Thanksgiving on 11/24. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room.
Hm, true, I forgot about Halloween. Got to be the boyfriend's kid then, unless Future Ted is misremembering the exact dates.
Old November 22 2011, 06:28 PM   #104
Scout101
Admiral

which happens a lot, as he admits...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 10:20 PM   #105
Marten
Captain

Barney probably isn't the guy who is careless with protection, but if so, it can't be that strange for Robin to do a pregnancy test fairly soon, can it?
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote