Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old April 24 2008, 03:07 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Quinto On Abrams and Nimoy

Zachary Quinto has received more than just advice from Leonard Nimoy.

As reported by SciFi Pulse, working on the movie has bonded Quinto and Nimoy closer. "It's not quantifiable by one axiom or one piece of advice," said Quinto, when asked if Nimoy had given him any good career advice. "He and I have become fairly close during the process of making this movie and he's been very supportive of me from the beginning. In his contract he had to approve of the actor that played the role, so I had his support from the first time that I came in to read for it and that means the world to me. So just getting to know him transcends any particular advice and I feel really grateful for that relationship."

Quinto also has a high regard for J.J. Abrams, as seems to be the case with so many who work for Abrams. "J.J.'s like magic. He really is," said Quinto. "I mean he's so talented and so respectful and generous. You know they don't really come like that very often. So the fact that I've been able to draw into my experience and be drawn into the experience of someone like that and also for that matter someone like Tim Kring who is similarly very magnanimous and a very formidable talent. It’s a really nice combination and I feel incredibly safe and have implicit trust in J.J. every step of the way and this process was a real big learning curve for me to be involved in something so epic and huge scale. I mean 'Heroes' in big enough but this is that times ten. That's really been a great part of the experience as well as getting to learn from working with him as well as learn from watching him work. It's kind of a masterful experience. He's really, really Super Cool."

Aware of Star Trek but not particularly a fan, Quinto has grown to appreciate it since he landed the Spock role. "I feel that have learnt the majority of what I know about 'Star Trek' from since I started shooting this movie and have gained a deeper appreciation for it since have been involved with it and gotten to meet the people that were responsible for doing it back then you know, in the 60's when it started," he said.

To read the article, head to the link located here.

Old April 24 2008, 08:12 AM   #2
Augustus
Fleet Captain

Re: Quinto On Abrams and Nimoy

Star trek started in the 60's?????
I had no idea until this news item came today
Old April 24 2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Pioneer
Captain

Not many Science Fiction fans amongst actors, apparently.
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)
Old April 24 2008, 05:41 PM   #4
number6
Vice Admiral

Location: number6 has left the village through some inexpicable hole in the ground to head the corporation.

Pioneer wrote: View Post
Not many Science Fiction fans amongst actors, apparently.
That's because they can't get off the couch for casting calls...especially when TWOK is on cable.