Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old April 20 2008, 04:35 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

'Star Trek' 2008-2009 Book Projects Announced

A list of Star Trek books projected to be released through early 2009 was released today at the New York Comic-Con.

As reported by TrekBBS, the Star Trek Book panel at Comic-Con, run by Marco Palmieri, Margaret Clark, David Mack, Christopher L. Bennett and Keith R.A. DeCandido, announced the forthcoming Star Trek books that will appear in bookstores from May 2008 through May 2009.

Terok Nor: Night of the Wolves by S.D. Perry & Britta Dennison will be released in May of 2008.

June 2008 will see the appearance of two books: DS9: These Haunted Seas by David R. George III & Heather Jarman, and Terok Nor: Dawn of the Eagles by S.D. Perry & Britta Dennison

Two books will also be offered in July of 2008: Myriad Universes: Infinity's Prism by Christopher L. Bennett, William Leisner and James Swallow and DS9: Fearful Symmetry by Olivia Woods.

In August, look for Myriad Universes: Echoes and Refractions by Keith R.A. DeCandido, Chris Roberson and Geoff Trowbridge; and TNG: Greater than the Sum by Christopher L. Bennett.

September 2008 will see the publication of Star Trek 101, authored by Terry J. Erdmann and Paula M. Block. Star Trek 101 is a primer for the new or casual Star Trek fan, who may be interested in Star Trek XI. There will also be some fun things included for more dedicated fans. Also in September, look for Enterprise: Kobayashi Maru by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels.

October's books are: COE: Wounds by Ilsa J. Bick, Keith R.A. DeCandido, John J. Ordover, Terri Osborne and Cory Rushton plus Destiny: Gods of Night by David Mack.

Two more books by David Mack will appear in November and December 2008: Destiny: Mere Mortals and Destiny: Lost Souls.

2009 begins with the January release of Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows. The authors will be: Christopher L. Bennett, Margaret Wander Bonanno, Peter David, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Michael Jan Friedman, Jim Johnson, Rudy Josephs, David Mack, Dave Stern, James Swallow, Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore and Susan Wright. January will also offer: TOS: Errand of Fury: Book 3: Sacrifices of War by Kevin Ryan.

A Singular Destiny, a follow-up novel to David Mack's Destiny Trilogy, will be released in February of 2009. A Singular Destiny is about the political fallout from Destiny's events, and is written along the lines of a Tom Clancy-style political thriller. A Singular Destiny is written by Keith R.A. DeCandido.

March 2009 will see the appearance of TOS: Mere Anarchy by Mike W. Barr, Christopher L. Bennett, Margaret Wander Bonanno, Dave Galanter, Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore and Howard Weinstein. March will also see the release of Titan: Over a Torrent Sea by Christopher L. Bennett. Titan: Over a Torrent Sea picks up where Destiny leaves off.

Voyager: Full Circle by Kirsten Beyer will debut in April of 2009. It will pick up where Star Trek Voyager: Spirit Walk: Book 2 left off and will take Voyager all the way to Destiny and will also set the tone for future post-finale Voyager fiction.

Vanguard: Book 4 by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore is on tap for a May 2009 release.

To read more, head to the article located here.

Old April 20 2008, 06:13 AM   #2
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: 'Star Trek' 2008-2009 Book Projects Announced

Just to be clear, this isn't everything being published in the timeframe, simply the new things that were announced for the first time at Comic-Con.

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
Old April 20 2008, 07:14 AM   #3
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

It is now. I found and added the rest. If I've missed anything, it'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
Old April 20 2008, 02:16 PM   #4
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile

^ Cool beanies. Thanks muchly!

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
Old April 21 2008, 07:34 AM   #5
donners22
Commodore

I presume PAD is writing a New Frontier chapter in the new Mirror Universe book. I was really frustrated by the first two - some interesting plots but terrible execution, IMHO.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
Old April 23 2008, 01:33 AM   #6
BlazerBoy
Dangerously Sexy

Send a message via ICQ to BlazerBoy Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlazerBoy Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoy

I'm paying keen attention to the Destiny Trilogy, A Singular Destiny, and Full Circle. Resistance, Q&A, and Before Dishonor were some of the best reading I've had SINCE the A Time to.. series. If they are any indication of what these books will be like, I will be first in line to buy all of them. I'd only been somewhat interested in the Voyager relaunch novels, but I'm hoping Destiny and Full Circle will get it back on track also. Its going to be damn exciting literary year!
Old April 24 2008, 10:38 AM   #7
donners22
Commodore

^ So you're the person who liked Before Dishonour?
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager